fiduciary

Author Topic: Ohio Jedi (Oh Jedi)  (Read 18827 times)

Offline Duff Man

• Force User
  • Have you ever seen a fat Jedi? I guess I'm a Sith.
Re: Ohio Jedi (Oh Jedi)
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »
I want to share the hobby....but not MY board!   lol    nice Alex!  well that's not me, I Have only tried my hand at external mods of factor hilts. (because it's cheap.. I and I have no money) Not  even going to try to do a basic led wire job, let alone a cheap Hasbro sound board, until I get the basics down.   Your CF is safe from me man.  lol   That's right... I am basically a noob.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 Le:Custom V.A.
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2010, 04:52:54 AM »
Hey, I was a noob too.  My first saber (that I made) was an US2.5 graflex (it was supposed to be CF)... so I sort of skipped a few steps... I learned a lot and my mistakes helped me to realize that CF is for dueling anyway, so it wouldn't do well in my graflex anyway.  I have a sweet saber planned and I can't wait to build it.  It's gonna take probably 7 hours once I have all of the stuff together and probably 5 beforehand.  There are about 120 connections and then I have to secure everything down.

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 06:27:53 AM »
*yawns*

Columbus here!

Offline cordaroyfog

• Master Force User
  • Just your friendly neighborhood Fog...
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 06:28:44 AM »
Delaware here!

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 09:40:48 AM »
You guys aren't that far away i guess

Offline Darth Midian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 03:18:21 PM »
HELLOOOO!!!! ;D  Reynoldsburg here,outside of Columbus.  I'm wanting to get somthing going here.  I have a friend who's into dueling. That's 2 well he's a pain to get a hold of.  But I know he's interested, there's you Cordaroy that makes 2-3,  Drazher 3-4.  we could pm, Obi Ben from TCSS, I've pm'ed him a couple of times, I know he's interested.  He just moved somewhere in Columbus.  That would make 4-5, & there is,Darth Quin over at TCSS.  He's in Westerville.  I haven't talked to him about starting anything, but I can't see why he wouldn't be interested.  That's 5 to 6 people,  I think if everyone is up for it we can get something going.  I just have know idea where we could meet to practice.  I thought of a name & designed a logo already.  I think a good name for the saber club would be C.O.S.A. The Columbus Ohio Saber Alliance.

If anyone in the area is interested, lets start making plans, & get something going.  Thanks. ;D

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 12:18:13 AM »
Fun times!

Offline Darth Midian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 06:43:26 AM »
I think it would be a blast, as long as we can get together, find a decent place to meet, & have a good time.  I'm interested in choreographed dueling, & possibly costuming.  But mostly dueling.  I build these things, I want to play with them. ;D  Dueling with my kids is fun, but I end up with bruised knuckles.  And if we do get something going with a steady place to meet, people from the north & south of us are more them welcome to hang out.  I would love to see something like NY Jedi formed here in Ohio.  Maybe we could could all pull together, & have northern region, central region, & southern region.  I have a tendency to dream big.  I like to run before I learn to crawl. ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:51:13 AM by Darth Midian »

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »
we have that started. Idosen't take much to learn we have 8 basic moves just try to come down and learn what you take from it to help.We're into chorography more than duelling once a month isn't that much Tash has worked on this to a nice fluid form.Ny jedi have their own choros too they more take letters of the alphabet in their moves.we can get you started

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Sidd

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »
Learning sabers moves i pretty easy, though I have been studying the ways of the sword in one way or another for 15 or so years so that might be why.

At any rate I would be willing to show anyone in the Northeast Ohio area some stuff, along with sharing some of my resources for saber building and dueling
User requested permanent ban 03/14/14

Offline Tash Verano

• No Force
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »
I'm down for getting together...  just will need some advanced notice for time & place since i'm coming from SW Cincy.

i have been waiting for the new local civic center to be built before attempting another local "recruiting run",  but it seems i'm not the only one out there who want's to do this!  i am also having funding issues as well so most of my saber builds have been put on hold.    ;D    

it is a welcomed sight indeed to see others who are pro-active about saber clubs

Offline jedi Hokie

• No Force
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 10:01:28 PM »
Hey all! It's nice to see a group here in Ohio is actually generating some interest, especially so recently! When I first saw the thread started in 08, I was afraid I'd missed the opportunity... I'm just now starting to actively get involved in everything, after reading these boards, as well as the TCSS boards, for the part year or so. I haven't quite gotten started yet, though I have finally broken down and am waiting/paying on a saber from ALW, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get to know some peeps around here.  :D

Anyway, I'm on Xenia, though I'll be heading back to school at VT in January. I should, however, be back in this area by the time my saber arrives, and I seriously cannot wait until I get it and start getting involved! None of my friends are in to anything like this, and I get that same "oh. cool." attitude when I try to talk about this sort of thing with my girlfriend...  ;D

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2010, 03:05:54 PM »
Have her join you. Me and my husband do this.It's a great low impact workout.not easy for a 6'-6" "hairless wookiee'(My Hubby) ;D

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Tash Verano

• No Force
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 08:12:57 AM »
While I will second the motion to introduce your girlfriend to the hobby and train & practice with each other, even working solo [1-person] saber exhibitions work great to not only build up a sweat, but also helps to develop an understanding of how you move and what moves are comfortable for you to try and practice.  the more comfortable you are working with the saber, the better the results will be in the long run.  the biggest thing is to not be discouraged no matter what anyone else says...  even if fellow saberists and SW fans try to dissuade you or deride you. If you are being safe & having fun, then that is what truly counts...  a little martial arts training couldn't hurt either. :P  

you can make dummy sabers to practice with on the cheap as well as off-the-shelf fx sabers make great x-mas gifts too!  ;)

Advaced Light Weaponry is a good Sabersmith even though they(?) are kinda pricy.  From first hand knowledge, Their saber quality is high, but they seem to me a bit limited in their overall hilt design opitions.  but again, don't expect a Picasso to paint like a Van Gogh and vice versa.   ;D  

but again that's just me.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:18:56 AM by Tash Verano »

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2010, 12:45:52 PM »

Advaced Light Weaponry is a good Sabersmith even though they(?) are kinda pricy.  From first hand knowledge, Their saber quality is high, but they seem to me a bit limited in their overall hilt design opitions.  but again, don't expect a Picasso to paint like a Van Gogh and vice versa.   ;D  

but again that's just me.

I think most people's complaints with ALW isn't the price, it's the wait time. They sell on ebay with some regularity, at a "discount" I might add.

My understanding is it can take many months to get your hilt even if you pay all at once.

retrousse