fiduciary

Author Topic: LedEngin LEDs: 5W, 10W, and 15W Discussion  (Read 113265 times)

Offline Darth Zannah

• Padawan Learner
Re: LedEngin LEDs: 5W, 10W, and 15W Discussion
« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »
Thanks Luminara!  It is the 9W Prolight RGB..

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2012, 11:13:04 AM »
To give you an idea the Prolight 9W RGB has 138 lumens total at 700ma vs. the LEDEngin 10W RGGB which has 395 lumens at 700ma ;).

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darth Zannah

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #542 on: July 27, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »
hahaha...that means what? :-)   and what is the size of this LED? I heard its smaller than the Tri-rebel for example...i wanted to put a tri-rebel LED into a saber and the smith told me that it will not fit in the saber, only the Prolight 9W RGB.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #543 on: July 27, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »
hahaha...that means what? :-)   and what is the size of this LED? I heard its smaller than the Tri-rebel for example...i wanted to put a tri-rebel LED into a saber and the smith told me that it will not fit in the saber, only the Prolight 9W RGB.

The star base of both the Tri-rebel and the prolight 9W is 20mm (the same size) so either one will fit.  I think your information about what will "fit" may not be correct ;)

Offline Darth Zannah

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #544 on: July 27, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »
and what is the other "size" that matters? :-)))))))))

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #545 on: July 27, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »
Sounds like your smith is partial to prolights.  Not sure why as they are dimmer than other popular choices.  Tri-Rebels, LEDEngins, Tri-CREEs and Prolights all fit in most lightsabers ;).  Any of the other 3 choices are brighter than the Prolight.  Lumens mean that the LEDEngin is more than 3X as bright as the Prolight on paper ;).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:56:57 PM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darth Zannah

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #546 on: July 27, 2012, 02:00:13 PM »
cool. thanks. So basicly they are the same size in every matter. I dont know why the smith says its the only LED would fit in the saber i might buy  from him. Will see. i might just order it with what he says and if i dont like it then i will change it. What about the P4 compare to the Prolight? :-)

Offline Simpi-Gon Sims

• "I'll bring the popcorn"
  • Master Force User
    • Simpi Sabers
« Reply #547 on: July 28, 2012, 05:32:07 AM »
cool. thanks. So basicly they are the same size in every matter. I dont know why the smith says its the only LED would fit in the saber i might buy  from him. Will see. i might just order it with what he says and if i dont like it then i will change it. What about the P4 compare to the Prolight? :-)

The smith's info might be a little "off". As LUMINARA and the GENERAL stated, they are the same size and they will fit into most sabers without any kind of modification.

If your talking about a single color (blue, green, red, white), I like the p4's over a single die on a Prolight. Keep in mind that the single color p4's aren't capable of producing Flash on Clashâ„¢ since there is only 1 color die.

I guess the first thing to figure out is what color blade you want and/or whether or not you want Flash on Clashâ„¢. From there, we can help you choose an appropriate LED that will fit and also be nice and bright!  ;)
"It's not broken, it's a feature."

retrousse