fiduciary

Author Topic: *Luke TESB Reveiw + Anakin and Luke Comparison!*  (Read 19499 times)

Offline blahdude

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: *Luke TESB Reveiw + Anakin and Luke Comparison!*
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 01:23:59 PM »
haha... i guess it's one of those things u have to experience for yourself.... i love my Anakin.... but i guess an ESB Luke would be greater according to u guys.... too bad my wallet can't handle it.....

Offline psykE

• Formerly known as psykE
  • Master Force User
  • Join the DARK side
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2005, 09:13:01 PM »
It's all opinions my friend  ;)
Fx Saber Collection:

Offline darthclueless

• formerly known as darthclueless
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 07:04:26 AM »
I'm not dissing the Luke ESB by any stretch here but I will say one thing: It is an older gen saber and the hilt is a bit oversized. The Anakin is actually truer to the size of the original graflex tubes than the Luke ESB is. It's awesome but not quite perfect.

Please don't throw things at me :'(

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 07:07:14 PM »
LOL! Please don't throw things at me. hahahaha :D
"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium."- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Offline blahdude

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 10:22:58 PM »
i've been playing w/ my anakin lately...and i'm curiuos... where are the paint applications that are so bad and can easilly wear off??? besides the switch and some of the button things.... i don't see anything that can chip.....

Offline skizzoid

• Formerly known as skizzoid
  • Master Force User
  • At last, we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi...
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2005, 09:31:49 AM »
I think you hit it right on the head.  I don't think anything chips off on the Anakin (unless you try to chip it off), but the gold and chrome effects will all rub right off if you use it too much.
Master Replicas Force FX Collection:
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB (in pieces)
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 07:38:28 PM »
i think the anakin is lighter! i'm getting mine in about two weeks! ROTS!
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 08:34:54 PM »
i think the anakin is lighter! i'm getting mine in about two weeks! ROTS!

Ah but the higher weight of the Luke ESB seems to add to the realism of the hilt.  It feels like a .380 versus a .44 Magnum.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 08:39:19 PM by rob »

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2005, 12:21:25 PM »
I rate the Luke ESB the second lowest on the saber shelf, besides the ROTJ Luke. I am sorry, but both Luke ESBs I've owned have had MAJOR LED problems. One was from duel. (My faulty, BIG time) However, the second one I owned, got it 2 months ago (Factory sealed from MR) and the lights went out on it last week. Never was turned on much and never was stricken by another blade. Sorry, but 2 thumbs WAY down for this puppy. (Remember, this comes from two evaluations of the saber) :(

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2005, 12:39:33 PM »
I rate the Luke ESB the second lowest on the saber shelf, besides the ROTJ Luke. I am sorry, but both Luke ESBs I've owned have had MAJOR LED problems. One was from duel. (My faulty, BIG time) However, the second one I owned, got it 2 months ago (Factory sealed from MR) and the lights went out on it last week. Never was turned on much and never was stricken by another blade. Sorry, but 2 thumbs WAY down for this puppy. (Remember, this comes from two evaluations of the saber) :(

Some bad luck I would say :-\, but does it still make it the lowest of your sabers. Which sabers do you own and how would you rate all the available sabers? I'm really interested which one is the best in your opinion?

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2005, 01:45:59 AM »

Some bad luck I would say :-\, but does it still make it the lowest of your sabers. Which sabers do you own and how would you rate all the available sabers? I'm really interested which one is the best in your opinion?

Yes, at the moment, it does. We shall see with the new one. If it is good, then I will repair the old one (Maybe with a stronger tube from customsabers and sodder the disconnected LEDs) and that will be up in the air as to it's fate.

I own 1 Anakin AOTC, 1 Vader ANH, 1 Luke ESB, 2 Vader ESBs, 1 Anakin ROTS, 2 Luke ROTJs, 1 Mace ROTS.......with 1 Luke ESB, 1 Mace AOTC, 1 Anakin ROTS, 1 Vader ESB and 1 Mace ROTS on the way. Unsure as to what will become the extras at the moment. May put them up for sale later on, in a few years or....... :-\

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2005, 06:03:20 AM »

Yes, at the moment, it does. We shall see with the new one. If it is good, then I will repair the old one (Maybe with a stronger tube from customsabers and sodder the disconnected LEDs) and that will be up in the air as to it's fate.

I own 1 Anakin AOTC, 1 Vader ANH, 1 Luke ESB, 2 Vader ESBs, 1 Anakin ROTS, 2 Luke ROTJs, 1 Mace ROTS.......with 1 Luke ESB, 1 Mace AOTC, 1 Anakin ROTS, 1 Vader ESB and 1 Mace ROTS on the way. Unsure as to what will become the extras at the moment. May put them up for sale later on, in a few years or....... :-\

WOW! You're really have few ones!  ;)

retrousse