fiduciary

Author Topic: One of 3  (Read 411 times)

Offline AxeKando

• No Force
  • This is the way.
One of 3
« on: June 26, 2022, 04:41:34 AM »

This is my humble collection. Top to bottom: Hasbro Force FX Elite Rey, Savi’s Workshop build, cheap training/dueling Amazon buy.

The Rey lightsaber I have “touched it up” quite a bit. Lots of small improvements in the weathering and details. Redid the cheap wrap with frayed medical tape and brown flannel linen with double sided tape. I also swapped the clear blade outer for a much better and properly sized white one.

Savi’s Workshop build has been heavily modified to make it truly my own. Started off as a Power & Command that had no intentions to follow the dark side. Got rid of the red trim and replaced it with green. Added some gold and orange accents to break up the boring grey. The orange accents are because I run an orange kyber crystal and neopixel blade.

The cheap training/dueling saber is an $80 Amazon buy. It’s just a flashlight saber but I have to say the swing sensors are actually better than my other two much more expensive sabers. I added a leather wrap and grip tape for a much better feel. Since it’s LGT compatible, I added a different pommel.
“Ex Umbris Venimus”

Offline AxeKando

• No Force
  • This is the way.
Re: One of 3
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 04:46:52 AM »
For some reason the image link doesn’t work. :(
“Ex Umbris Venimus”

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 06:47:38 AM »
The image link works for me.  Nice work.

Offline AxeKando

• No Force
  • This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 11:50:20 AM »

Thanks! Here’s some more details of the paint I did to the emitter. It was all chrome, so I decided to add some details.
“Ex Umbris Venimus”

Offline AxeKando

• No Force
  • This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 12:01:49 PM »

Here’s a more detailed pic of the Rey lightsaber. The weathering that came originally was painted. I redid it with proper wear and tear weathering. I did it with a combination of jeweler’s files and sandpaper. I also painted all the fake screws flat black to make them pop out and look more realistic. The original wrap was so cheap. The threads kept falling off, and it would twist on the hilt. I got the idea of using medical adhesive cloth tape that I frayed the edges and aged it with tea and mud. The brown wrap is flannel linen that I tore into a strip and secured it with double sided tape.

I covered up the annoying copyright  and other text that stuck out like a sore thumb. I found a Tamiya paint that matched the dark grey of the original color. Came out better than I expected. This is by far my favorite lightsaber. I love the feel and the ignition is just amazing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 03:14:28 PM by AxeKando »
“Ex Umbris Venimus”

retrousse