fiduciary

Author Topic: Jade Staff (Mortal Kombat) by e57  (Read 677 times)

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
Jade Staff (Mortal Kombat) by e57
« on: December 12, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »
Just a quick demo.  Never made a 3-section lightsaber staff, but it was cool to try something new. :cool:  Not a replica, of course, but another "interpretation".

There's two hilts, 8" each, one side has the NB V4 (NeoPixel strips, 167 per side, 334 total), 21700 Li-Ion cell, AV switch, and recharge port.  In order to start the scroll at the tip, I had to run copper foil tape between the strips to carry signal/current.  I also had to do that for the center blade section since the second grip has the speaker.  It separates at one of the center points and there's a din plug for a quick breakdown for shipping/travel. 

The hilts are 1.125" aluminium tube, the end blades are 7/8", and the center blade is 1" thick-wall - so they all appear to be the same width.  In the game, Jade's staff make a very metallic sound, kind of like a pitched-up Mjolnir... so I modified my Thor font to be higher in pitch.

I'll post more later when I finish the full talkie video, with better/more pictures.  :azn:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 06:21:06 PM by eastern57 »

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Jade Staff (Mortal Kombat) by e57
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 07:25:10 AM »
That's crazy man! Never would have guessed the light starts all the way on one end!

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 02:13:17 AM »
Thanks, yeah, that was more out of necessity, but it worked out. Win, I guess. :cheesy:

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »
Pretty awesome!   Looks like enough parts that you could have entered into the golden saber challenge (which I still have not heard if it will be extended!)

retrousse