fiduciary

Author Topic: Help with "clicking".....  (Read 831 times)

Offline VikingRS

• No Force
  • Sith Brony
Help with "clicking".....
« on: March 26, 2020, 10:05:16 PM »
Sooooo I messed up.

I bought a sound font at Saberfont, for the CFX 10.  My Saber uses the Shard 4.5.  So it wouldn't play.  I got it to work by converting it from 705kbps to 352kbps.  Unfortunately, when I swing the saber, after the swing sound there is a popping noise.

I would've just sucked it up and bought the non-CFX version, but this font isn't offered in that format.

I have computer knowledge but almost no Audacity knowledge.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Help with "clicking".....
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 12:45:20 AM »
Prior boards use 22.050kHz sample rate, 16 bit mono files. Your cfx font propably came in 44.1kHz so you need to convert it.
The click at the end is probably metadata, older boards don't deal with it, so remove them from the file(s). My old soundforge 8 has an option to not save them, the simplest solution is probably create a new sound and copy/paste the contents and save (I'm fairly sure audacity has meta data options)

Offline VikingRS

• No Force
  • Sith Brony
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 06:47:19 AM »
Okay.  So originally I had resampled all the files at once with MediaHuman Audio Converter.  This time I went through all the files (just grabbing the minimum amount the Shard needs) and resampled each one individually through Audacity.

And clearing out the Metadata is as simple as editing it from the File drop down menu, clicking clear, then set default, then reopening Audacity.

So now the clicking is gone!

Except now the hum drops to nothing after each other sound.  It isn't a hard stop, the volume just drops for a split second before continuing back to the regular hum.  I am assuming it has something to do with the end of the other sound's not aligning seamlessly with the start of the hum?  Or is it something else?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:49:33 AM by VikingRS »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 06:50:51 AM »
no it's because former boards used (pre) mixed sound with the hum while the font you got is polyphonic (hum is mixed in real time)

retrousse