fiduciary

Author Topic: This Forum is quiet.  (Read 8384 times)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Re: This Forum is quiet.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 02:13:41 PM »
I understand the frustration and it is why I was asking for suggestions.

I have sent messages to the makes of those products in question that are outstanding
and have asked them to reply back and made them aware of this topic so they can
post updates and or reasons for the extended time.

However...
I don't think it is appropriate to lump everyone in together in that sense as
I my self have never taken anyone's money with out delivering in a timely fashion
and the same can be said for others who are recommended here in the Saber Guild
and Mining Colony or are know sellers.

RyDiddy you are a know seller here and I don't have issues with any of your runs
for saber stands so again lumping everyone in isn't appropriate but I understand
how you feel.

Again not discounting the issues with those that have deposits from people for
runs going on that are taking to long
and again I am bringing it to their attention
so they can deal with it.

I definitely think it is time for a re-boot, maybe some new blood to help put fresh eyes
on things as well so please know I am open to discussion for "improvements" please.

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 02:34:19 PM »
While I’m not that long of a standing a member I do remember how vibrant the community was years ago.  I owe most of what I learned about custom led sabers from this very forum.  I am very grateful for that.

I agree with almost all points here as to why this forum is fading....

-Non-active moderators and guild members
-No direct picture hosting capabilities
-Mods that ARE active appear to be “set in their ways” and simply point new members to the RULES...not new member friendly
-Long standing runs started here that have simply been shoved lower in priority as mass production needs from vendors,TCSS etc have taken foothold
-Banning of members over what may have been antiquated guild rules.

I hold the utmost respect for Yoda and what he started/created here and would love to see this forum adapt.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:40:51 PM by Pfockerchief »
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 02:54:34 PM »
While I’m not that long of a standing a member I do remember how vibrant the community was years ago.  I owe most of what I learned about custom led sabers from this very forum.  I am very grateful for that.

I agree with almost all points here as to why this forum is fading....

-Non-active moderators and guild members
-No direct picture hosting capabilities
-Mods that ARE active appear to be “set in their ways” and simply point new members to the RULES...not new member friendly
-Long standing runs started here that have simply been shoved lower in priority as mass production needs from vendors,TCSS etc have taken foothold
-Banning of members over what may have been antiquated guild rules.

I hold the utmost respect for Yoda and what he started/created here and would love to see this forum adapt.

Thank you for that Pfockerchief it helps to bullet point the things that are most relevant and need to be addressed :cool:

Offline fonzie

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 04:08:55 PM »
It seems like a lot, but not all, of the long runtime comments are directed towards a particular Guild member. Of his runs that I’ve seen, he takes deposits in phases as he progresses. So, not all money is taken at once and in a way you are getting updates. Those runs may take awhile, but they are some of the best sabers in my collection. I would have no problem joining another one of his runs. You just need to be aware of the time that the run may take and accept it. For lesser quality builds, I maybe less understanding.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 04:12:15 PM »
Yoda. I’ll send you a PM when I get a chance.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »
Hello everyone

Got some good PM messages from people wanting to help bring new life back to the forums
and definitely look forward to working with those who want to make things better :cool:

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 05:23:46 PM »
It seems like a lot, but not all, of the long runtime comments are directed towards a particular Guild member. Of his runs that I’ve seen, he takes deposits in phases as he progresses. So, not all money is taken at once and in a way you are getting updates. Those runs may take awhile, but they are some of the best sabers in my collection. I would have no problem joining another one of his runs. You just need to be aware of the time that the run may take and accept it. For lesser quality builds, I maybe less understanding.

Yes, I agree his work is the best and worth the wait.  That’s why I’m still on them :).  Trust me I’m aware.  However, it’s fairly typically for these to run waaaay past original estimates, which I guess is becoming standard.

Anyway, that’s not really the biggest issue with this forum at this point.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 05:28:20 PM »
For me, this thread is not about the time frame of current saber runs.  It is about the lack of attention and participation from the members who are supposed to have a presence here.
Yes certain runs have taken much longer than expected to come to completion, but that is not what has caused the downfall of this forum.
If you have outgrown this forum and prefer speaking to the masses through facebook (which is fine), then pass the torch to others who would like to continue to promote FX-Sabers Forum and the great community we had and still have here.

Offline Maverick Hunter

• Force User
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 05:32:47 PM »
For me, this thread is not about the time frame of current saber runs.  It is about the lack of attention and participation from the members who are supposed to have a presence here.
Yes certain runs have taken much longer than expected to come to completion, but that is not what has caused the downfall of this forum.
If you have outgrown this forum and prefer speaking to the masses through facebook (which is fine), then pass the torch to others who would like to continue to promote FX-Sabers Forum and the great community we had and still have here.

I agree, but just one question? How could these individuals "pass the torch"? Do you mean removing the inactive guild members and bringing in new ones?

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 05:39:17 PM »
Good question....

Either require these members to maintain a presence here, or yes bring in new ones.
Otherwise what is the point?

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 05:41:58 PM »
Good question....

Either require these members to maintain a presence here, or yes bring in new ones.

I definitely agree with you on this point.  I’m not sure there are any active members of either the mining colony or GUILD who are currently accepting commissions.  I’m fairly sure it’s been that way for quite a while.

Offline Maverick Hunter

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »
Yeah, I suppose you're right.

How about this

- As part of a saber build member of the forums you will be required to be responsive to your threads, and not be absent from the forums for more than x days in a row?

yea? or a bit much?

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 06:18:42 PM »

I agree on this and I myself have not been as communicative as I should be and have to change that.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 06:42:57 PM »
Good question....

I definitely agree with you on this point.  I’m not sure there are any active members of either the mining colony or GUILD who are currently accepting commissions.  I’m fairly sure it’s been that way for quite a while.

I know and it is difficult to please all the people all the time but I'm listening and
definitely want to do something about it for the whole of the community.

I am getting feedback form people in messages and will be discussing various aspects about what
can be done over the next week and work on implementing changes.

One thing though people and that is Hosting images...

Images eat up a lot of bandwidth and we can not afford to host everyone's images its just not possible.
Even photobucket kicked everyone in the entire world to the Curb on that so that solution is still an
ongoing issue for everyone not just us here at FXS and in other SW forums/sites.

They can always be linked in of course or use of Youtube videos seems to still be okay.

Until of course Facebook and Youtube start charging everyone  :cheesy:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:45:28 PM by Yoda »

Offline Grigoris

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Zeno Telos Press
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2017, 07:02:22 PM »
There are many new sabersmiths who only have a presence on FB. Perhaps some of the reliable, quality builders can be recruited. If the image hosting could be solved, that would be huge. I use Flicker, which is easy and have had no issues. However, Flicker could pull the plug at any moment too. A recent threads link would be nice. 

retrousse