fiduciary

Author Topic: Illuminated Anti-Vandal momentary switch wiring with out a kill key or recharge?  (Read 9997 times)

Offline dblefat

• No Force
  • Hello?
Hello guys and gals,

I'm new to the website and forums in General. I have a Saber I have built that uses TCSS MHS parts and with an 18650 trust fire rechargeable Li-On battery. I would like to illuminate my 16mm short Anti-Vandal momentary switch's LED with out using a latching converter or destroying the the LED itself by overpowering it. if there is a way to do this please share with me and help me out.

Thanks, Joshua

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/20mA-DynaOhm-Variable-Resistor-P847.aspx

Or do you mean you want it to only illuminate when the saber is on?

Also, is it a stunt saber (no sound)? Or is there a sound board involved.  If its a stunt, you typically need a latching switch for activation, unless you have the mom. to latch. converter.

Offline dblefat

• No Force
  • Hello?
Sorry I think I messaged you directly, I am running the Nano Bis. sound board and I want it to only illuminate when i engage the saber or wake it out of deep sleep mode to use it.

Offline Arryck Corso

• Experienced Force User
Page 13 of the manual explains exactly how to do this - Power Indicator Wiring (off during deep sleep) - and even has a nice little pic to refer to.  Just imagine the led as the one in your switch and wire it that way and you'll be good to go.

The question isn't who is going to let me;  It's who is going to stop me!

Offline dblefat

• No Force
  • Hello?
(I'm assuming you are talking about the Nano B manual) Thanks man!

retrousse