fiduciary

Author Topic: Official FX-Sabers.com Saber Spin Tutorial DVD  (Read 50274 times)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
Re: Official FX-Sabers.com Saber Spin Tutorial DVD
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »
Gotcha back!  Thanks, Paul!!!
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2011, 05:43:59 AM »
Just made an order with ultrasabers and included the dominix V2 LE for the sole purpose of learning spins from this DVD! Thought that would be a good saber to spin with. I'm currently waiting on this DVD to arrive in Australia, can't wait!

Is someone that has never spun a saber in their life going to have any hope at all to be able to do some cool moves? Or have I no chance at all haha...

Still be fun either way! Looking forward to the DVD.

EDIT: I received the DVD in the mail today and fired it up when I got home from work. My ultrasabers order hasn't quite arrived yet so I used my anakin hasbro FX while I was watching the tutorials. Keeping in mind I have never attempted spinning in my life here...

Ok so I started and I was COMPLETELY un-coordinated as expected. So I decided to put the saber down and watch the whole first tutorial and really take it in. Then I picked it up and started again. Ok now I'm finally able to do the most simple thing in the history of lightsabers ;) Then I watch number two, and same thing...but then I get it. I haven't gotten any further as of yet so its still at the super simple stage, but I'm confident I'll at least with practice be able to get through some more tutorials.

The tutorials themselves are really informative and done at the right pace, even for someone incredibly slow at this like me. I especially like the extra touch of zooming in and showing correct placement of your hand and fingers on the saber.

I recommend this DVD to absolutely anyone who owns a saber, its a must! So much fun to be had. I also like that it works in my PS3, so I can swing around the saber in an open space in my living room and not really worry about breaking anything. Thanks Paul for such a well informed, professional DVD.

Now to get back to the DVD!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:37:01 AM by Dave316 »

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
Thank you for the review.

It really means a lot to me everytime I hear someone's story about learning something from my YouTube vids or the DVD. All of them were a work of passion and my little contribution to the universe of Star Wars.

Everything that I have done is because of my love for the films that GL created as well as other epic sword films. I taught myself everything from watching and imitating. No formal training which is why I think I am able to present the tutorials in such an everyman kind of way that is easy to comprehend.

The end matter is this, I want anyone and everyone who has a lightsaber to not leave it sitting in a corner or on a shelf, but to be able to pick it up and be confident that they can do some moves and not feel awkward in doing that.

I'm very proud of my tutorials and I'm so very happy I've been able to help others enjoy their lightsabers the way they should be.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2011, 08:08:50 PM »
Well that just makes it even more impressive that you didn't have any training and are able to do all of that. Very skilled indeed.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:55 PM »
Thank you for the review.

It really means a lot to me everytime I hear someone's story about learning something from my YouTube vids or the DVD. All of them were a work of passion and my little contribution to the universe of Star Wars.

Everything that I have done is because of my love for the films that GL created as well as other epic sword films. I taught myself everything from watching and imitating. No formal training which is why I think I am able to present the tutorials in such an everyman kind of way that is easy to comprehend.

The end matter is this, I want anyone and everyone who has a lightsaber to not leave it sitting in a corner or on a shelf, but to be able to pick it up and be confident that they can do some moves and not feel awkward in doing that.

I'm very proud of my tutorials and I'm so very happy I've been able to help others enjoy their lightsabers the way they should be.

Well said, Paul!

Offline Fallen_Jedi_EDiT

• Force User
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
Quick question. Is there a reason why the saber spin tutorials videos are down? I just recently signed to the boards and was looking forward to seeing some saber spin tutorials to learn from. I currently spin POI balls/FlowLights, and i just wanted to broaden my view on FLOW.

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »
The Saber Spin Tuts are down? Where?  Shoot a PM to Bandit, I'm sure he'll help you out.  If not let me know, I think I have an extra DVD lying around somewhere.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Fallen_Jedi_EDiT

• Force User
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »
@ Asajj Ventress I go here http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3828.0 then i go into the link and i see a big ol X on the video. Thinking it just might be a small mistake i click it and it gives the 404 not found, but further investigation when i go straight into youtube. i do a search "saber spin tutorial 1" and bam there it is along with his other videos figure it's him cause it says "banditcar", but the link is different then what is linked in the tutorials. Also if you do have an extra DVD pm me much mahalos!

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »
Banditcar is indeed our very own Bandit Jedi.  Let me make a couple calls.

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »
Message sent to Fallen_Jedi_EDiT

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Letifer

• Force User
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2012, 02:51:16 AM »
Hmmm.... having the same issue?? Just getting an X when I try the tutorials Would love the DVD or to watch these tutorials. Any Help?
Thanks,
Letifer

- Lord Bane Custom "Darth Maul" Crystal Hilt CF5 w/ lite red crystal pommel
- ACG Custom "Salvation" CF5 w/ LED Bar Graph

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:16 PM »
I can't speak on the tutorial links (don't know what people are referring to--provide the exact post/link/etc. that is not working if you want more help)...

But I can say that the following are available at http://www.sabercombat.com

* Paul / BanditJedi's SaberSpin Tutorial DVD (all funds go directly to Paul--I just provided a "through way" for people to purchase his DVD)
* NCSCS DVD#1 (5.4.2011)
* NCSCS DVD#2 (5.4.2012)

More stuff will be going there in due time, but... I'm not going to be able to do all of it myself.  It takes a village, as they say.
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline David Simmons

• Force User
    • Xenobuzz Construction Headquarters
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »
It might seem odd to reply to a post that's almost a year old, but I just wanted to add my encouragement, Dave316!

I watched a LOT of Paul's tutorials on YT and some of them completely baffled me.  I quickly ordered his DVD and it was a HUGE asset not only in helping me to learn the spins, but also just to become more comfortable handling my saber.  Keep practicing and one day that move that eludes you will suddenly seem so simple that you'll want to facepalm yourself for not getting it sooner!

For example, when I was still with GGK, Novastar took some time in one class to try and show us the Obi-Ani Plum Blossom spin.  I just didn't get it.  I tried and I tried.  Then one day at home weeks later it suddenly clicked!  I was so excited I made this short YT tutorial because another GGK member requested it.

&feature=plcp

Keep spinning away and it will come to you.  Persevere and you will eventually be rewarded!

Dave S.

"There is no end, no beginning.  There is only the infinite passion of life."  - Federico Fellini

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »
wow this DVD has some serious sick moves! very informative and great demonstrations!
completely love it!
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

retrousse