fiduciary

Author Topic: Vercify's Sketches  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
Vercify's Sketches
« on: October 21, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »
So I saw some people posting some of their stuff and I decided I might as well throw up some of my old sketches! I drew a lot my freshmen year of college (two years ago) and have since drawn less and gotten much more into photography (follow me on instagram and flikr - @vercify). Anyways, I hope you all enjoy!

Dragon
\

The Dark Knight

The Joker

The Riddler

Wolf Stencil

Wolf

Penguin Stencil

Tree Sketch

Link Sketch

Link Colored

Zelda

Whale

I've drawn a good amount more, but a lot of my pieces were gifts to friends and family so they are not in my possession. I know it isn't much, but I'm fairly proud of it. Anyways, thanks for looking everyone, and enjoy!

Offline Pyromatic177

• Master Force User
  • Don't fight a Pyro. Because you'll just get burned
Re: Vercify's Sketches
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN!!! Lol

Awesome sketches there! You should do Master Chief!   ;P

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN!!! Lol

Awesome sketches there! You should do Master Chief!   ;P

haha thanks pyro! I would defintely consider one of Master Chief. I drew a really good Spartan a few years ago but i think it got lost.... sometimes its hard for me to choose what to draw, and I more of just start something and it goes from there. Even when I am coping off of an image it has to click for me.

Its very different than photography for me, as I can find something interesting to photograph in nearly any situation.

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 06:51:16 AM »
wow very cool!
love the batman one!
and the dragon :D
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 07:29:16 AM »
Great stuff..I miss that feeling to draw. Been a very long time for me. :(

I get that "I see, I click" thing. I was like that about drawing. I had tons of sketches, mom's threw then out when I left.   :-\ She thought I didn't want them. lol

Keep your art alive and burning. :mace:

MTFBWY

Offline Jhooud

• No Force
  • Someone's Dad
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:39:33 AM »
Very nice!  I particularly like the line drawing of the wolf.  Has a cool Celtic vibe to it.

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 08:04:41 AM »
wow very cool!
love the batman one!
and the dragon :D

Thanks, Asoka! Those are two of my favorites as well ;)

Great stuff..I miss that feeling to draw. Been a very long time for me. :(

I get that "I see, I click" thing. I was like that about drawing. I had tons of sketches, mom's threw then out when I left.   :-\ She thought I didn't want them. lol

Keep your art alive and burning. :mace:

MTFBWY

Hahah my mom is the same way!! My dad is always complaining about how she throw out his stuff ;)

I also miss the feeling of drawing... Letting something like that flow from you is a wonderful feeling. I really hope building my first saber mimics that feeling in some way!! And don't worry, whether it's drawing, saber building, or photography, my art will be burning big time!!

Very nice!  I particularly like the line drawing of the wolf.  Has a cool Celtic vibe to it.

Thanks Jhooud!! It does have that Celtic feel, that's one of my favorite aspects about it. That and the perspective and contrast of black and white stencils/line drawings just appeal to me ;)

Thanks again everyone, the support means a lot!

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 04:12:49 AM »
Those are cool artworks!

I like the whale! What's that kinda art called? I used to drew something like that but its a panther for a RC place that I painted on!

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 08:13:07 AM »
Those are cool artworks!

I like the whale! What's that kinda art called? I used to drew something like that but its a panther for a RC place that I painted on!

Thanks Boxster! I have always referred to it as "stenciling". These were all hand drawn, not traced or stenciled, but they could be used as a stencil now that I have drawn them, lol. Thee is prob an official art term that I am not aware of ;)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »
Those are cool artworks!

Thanks Boxster! I have always referred to it as "stenciling". These were all hand drawn, not traced or stenciled, but they could be used as a stencil now that I have drawn them, lol. Thee is prob an official art term that I am not aware of ;)

Most welcome, Vercify! Well, I do like your work because there is a certain style to it. Sometimes, simple is the most difficult. Stenciling, that sounds about right! I should try that again sometimes and hope to see more of your work as and when you finish more.

Offline mb_jameson

• Force User
  • May the force be with you
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 10:49:38 AM »
Awesome, Verc! 'Wolf" was my favorite!....Wait...No Jedi pics!? ;)
May the force be with you. Always.

Offline SithStalker

• Keeper of the red blade
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »
the dragon and the tree went out great!

Haha... Well, it's a fool's errand, boy. The Emperor's army is infinite. You'll eventually be killed... or worse... and nothing will have changed.

retrousse