fiduciary

Author Topic: VICSabers - Unleash Your Inner Hero  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Navar Lightstorm

• No Force
VICSabers - Unleash Your Inner Hero
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:13:18 AM »
Hello, everyone!

My name is Adrian Ridgway. I would like to take the time to talk to each of you about my lightsaber stage combat group, VICSabers. The idea behind this group is a fairly simple one: allowing people to learn the art of the lightsaber in a safe and friendly environment and become that inner hero (or villain) they have always dreamed to be. Following in the footsteps of the many LSC groups situated in America, all under the banner of Saberwars (http://saberwars.com/), members will learn how to perform safe and very exciting lightsaber stage battles for audiences of all ages at conventions, special events or anywhere else that would love to have us.

One important thing to note: this group and the characters all members portray can be "non-canon". By non-canon, I mean you can be anything you want to be, such as a Predator Jedi or Romulan Sith! The choice is purely up to you.

I would like to show you some videos to help everyone gain an understanding of what would be in store. Here are a few from the archives of the New York Jedi (the people responsible for this craze to sweep the world):

"The Pack vs The Sun Clan" - New York Comic Con, 2008

"Xeo Xeniro and Seshmira vs Lybro" - Wizard World Philly, 2011

"Jedi Master Magnius vs Jedi Master Zak-Ri Dicoo" - Wizard World Philly, 2011

"Saber Academy" - NYCC, 2007

We also have a Facebook, Twitter and YouTube Channel (currently WIP):

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/vicsabers

Twitter: http://twitter.com/VICSabers

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/VICSabers

If anyone has any questions, tips, anything that can help the group OR if you want to express your interest, feel free to reply here, PM me or contact me via Facebook. I can't wait to see what people have to say and I definitely cannot wait to get the phenomenon spread across our lovely country!  

-Adrian.
~Founder, VICSabers~
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:57:22 AM by Navar Lightstorm »

Offline Navar Lightstorm

• No Force
Re: JEDI Australia (VICJedi, NSWJedi, etc)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:35:08 AM »
ALRIGHT! HERE IS THE PLAN, EVERYONE!

April 17th (The first day of the event) is the day that I will be at Supanova. Best guess, I will be there at 12 - 1 PM with or without my Padawan. I will be wandering the con or performing a choreographed fight outside. If it is the former, look for a tall young-looking lad with messy hair, a dark blue outer tunic, a blue-grey undertunic, black pants and boots wielding a blue saber.

I look forward to seeing those who can make it. :)

-Navar.

Offline joelx1000

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
hey dude i noticed u wanted people im only recently getting into dueling but i was wondering if u wanted to expand to NSW i got supernova every year im getting an ultrasaber in a couple of weeks and i want to start a club but why dont we start one together or if u have expand i dont if u got anyone at supernova vic i personally only go to sydney but can help if u are interested ill get your email or facebook or something and we can discuss things. if u want to expand im your guy i have multiple contacts all over the counrty and i am constantly meeting new people trust me if u dont already have someone making a club in NSW im your guy and if u do and its to far me to get to ill start one im my area but i need a name and you permision to use that for the club please get back to me

Offline Navar Lightstorm

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »
So, here's a long update:

Supanova didn't go as planned, nor did Armageddon (which I had planned before, but never came here to let you guys know). After a break from it, I've decided to ty a different approach.

I have made a Facebook group (see first post!). The name change is for many purposes, the main one being the avoidance of lawsuits. Feel free to join the group and (hopefully) we can discuss on a date to gather together without any problems.

To all those in other states: don't be afraid to join, or create your own group and link it to the VICSabers group page.

It's the new year, let's kick some butt!

-Navar.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:01:39 AM by Navar Lightstorm »

Offline Navar Lightstorm

• No Force
Re: VICSabers - Unleash Your Inner Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:29:21 AM »
Updated with the group's new name and changed the first post entirely. I've returned here because one of the members of this board joined the Facebook page. You know who you are. :)

-Adrian.

EDIT: Also changed a few bits in the first post. Yes, I have been promoting on Mousedroid's forums. :P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:58:52 AM by Navar Lightstorm »

Offline vvenom

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 08:32:14 AM »
So how many people are sydney based ?
Is there much of a scene in sydney?
Im hoping to get my parts this week so i can build my first custom
Saber only thing im still worried about my wiring for the PC-U and
the power pack.

Offline Navar Lightstorm

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »
This group is mainly for people situated in Victoria. However, it would be cool if our fellow Sydney Jedi and Sith could do the same as us! :D

-Adrian.

Offline vvenom

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 04:41:10 AM »
Yeah i thought id throw a reply in here since you seem to be the only active people from Oz so i thought it might be a great place to start :)

Offline Navar Lightstorm

• No Force
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »
Don't be shy! Join the Facebook group, follow the Twitter, subscribe to the YouTube page! :D

retrousse