fiduciary

Author Topic: Acerocket's un-named CF saber  (Read 23548 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Re: Acerocket's un-named CF saber
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
Epic...amazing....spectacular...far out...off the hook...I want it...gimmie!

Ace, you have arrived many times over. Great job!

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
 Whoa !!! :o :o :o That is some insane work their Acerocket !!! ;D The saber is one of the most stunning pieces I've ever seen. Well done.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:59:51 PM by Lord Dracus »

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »
I have to ask how were you able to MILL the Slots for the 3 "doors" on the brass  section,  because I am planing some sabers and need to make cuts just like that and have not figured out how to do that yet. although i assume an indexing rotary table in the horizontal position ?

I have a 4th axis rotary table mounted to my mill so I can rotate parts while I cut them.  It can move simultaneously with the 3 main axis of the mill (but usually only X, z and W are used in this setup - Y stays at the center of the part).

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said about this hilt's design praise-wise. I am curious though, how duel worthy is it with the screen mesh panels covering the crystal chamber on the bottom grip?

Well, I would never recommend dueling with a saber this intricate or detailed.  This level of work usually means a lot of pieces can (and will) get broken if you duel with it.  That being said, at a hair under 3 pounds, you don't hold this saber by the rear grip.  You have to hold it up near the choke.  You might put your second hand on the grip, but as long as you don't hold it with a death grip, it shouldn't be a problem.  The mesh might get a little distorted, but it can usually be nudged back into shape.

Offline Borax

• Force User
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 04:44:26 PM »
I have a 4th axis rotary table mounted to my mill so I can rotate parts while I cut them.  It can move simultaneously with the 3 main axis of the mill (but usually only X, z and W are used in this setup - Y stays at the center of the part).

Ah,  that was my thinking pretty much. I just recently purchased my first lathe/mill combo so i have been self learning and trying things out (making horrible mistakes ! )  as soon as i get comfortable with my skills i plan to pick up a much larger combo, or two separate units as there are down sides to the combo. i will have to go get me a rotary table as soon as I am moved into my new shop. thanks for the info :)    and again ..... one xxx fine saber here :D

Offline Scars Unseen

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
So this is what happens when gods go insane...  and make lightsabers...

Brilliant work !

Offline spaznick

• Master Force User
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »
I don't even have words for how awesome that looks :P  amazing, uber spanastalstistic!?! Truely Killer Pennyesque for sure.  I really like it nice Job Ace ;)

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2010, 04:40:03 AM »
I said a comment on TCSS forum about how speechless I am at this...

Hours later... STILL trying to think up enough adjectives for this, Ace...

Not enough come to mind....

The pommel section also reminded me of Iron Man's Arc Reactor... which is a GOOD thing...

Love the copper and brass balance on this...and I HAD to see that Sith engraving... great added "touch" to this...

All of the high praise you've been getting on this.. well deserved... built with love and passion... great job. :)

Offline Janias Saarkhan

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 07:09:04 AM »
The level of detail and craftsmanship that you've expressed in this saber is unsurpassed.  Perhaps my favorite aspect of this saber is the manner in which you've integrated the electronics -- each component perfectly rests within a milled compartment.  This is truly a masterpiece!  Well done Ace!

Offline BOBA FETT

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Force Relics co-founder, FKA Master Jevaho
    • Force Relics
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2010, 07:37:56 AM »
WOW! Cool! :)

No seriously, it think this saber has an "Ancient" feel about it.
I really dig it. It's how the ancient KOTOR sabers should look like. A fossil, sort of. One of the first of its kind, an old rellic. And it kicks some serious *butterflies* :D

I love it!
This will be a very popular hilt, but if it was me, I would NEVER make another one. This is a one of a kind, and it should stay that way, that's just my 2 cents.

OH and BTW I think you should name it, it's going to be a legendary piece in the FX sabers community (like Killer penny and others)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:40:22 AM by Master Jevaho »

Offline Snake-Eyes

• Experienced Force User
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2010, 09:19:42 AM »
Wow...  Dude, same loss-of-words, except: Wow.
Absolutely LOVE the homage to a jet-engine feel...  Incredible skills; thanks for sharing an making us drool...

I didn't see anything about a clear-coat, so this copper/brass badboy will patina and develop it's own weathering/character over time and use, right?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:10:00 PM by Snake-Eyes »

Never under-estimate the Will and Ingenuity of the Oppressed...

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2010, 10:59:39 AM »
That is a beautiful saber... The perfect balance of copper and brass, in my opinion. Although I am not a huge fan of exposed crystal chambers. Still, it's amazing.

Offline Sol Nexus

• Experienced Force User
  • Well hello there.
    • Sol Nexus Facebook
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2010, 03:56:56 PM »
This is a very beautiful hilt.  Very beautiful!
Light⋅sa⋅ber [Lahyt-sey-ber]
-noun
1.  When you absolutely, positively need to open a can of wampa juice.

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 10:39:59 PM »
Ferb, I know what I want to do today! Look at that superb saber that is.

I'd hate to ask what the price would be, but at the same time....it would be worth every penny. I won't and cannot add anything that has already been said better, but man. This is sweet to look at. Where's my eyeballs?

Offline gchu149

• Master Force User
  • Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:42 PM »
Ace, this is your absolute best work yet! It looks like it belongs in the movies or the Old republic comic! Very impressive Acerocket.
de CF
Click the link to view my collection at the very bottom of the page:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg330140#msg330140

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 08:47:35 AM »
Truly an exquisite saber!

I have a question: I couldn't tell in the video, but is the 10W set up for FoC or is it "full powah"?

Really looking forward to see whoever becomes the lucky owner of this. Too bad I don't currently have the wallet for what this saber will, and should, rightfully command! 8)

retrousse