fiduciary

Author Topic: Mara Jade with Petit Crouton  (Read 14704 times)

Offline JamoUp

• Experienced Force User
Re: Mara Jade with Petit Crouton
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
Very nice work. I love the aid switch. The green goes great with the purple. It is good to take time on your own projects. This is a hobby not a business.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
Great saber to showcase Petit Crouton, and I love how you used the screws to hide the sound holes and that menacing Darkmeat font hum rocks Erv...definitely worthy of an Emperor's Hand.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Alexander00

• Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 11:00:33 AM »
I really love the Petit Crouton.  :)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »
The build came out very nice. Interesting idea one the switch placement.

I think I got some inspiration from a moderator outthere  ;) looked familiar ?  ;D

thanks for kudos folks !

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:04 AM »
About the switch placement I'm curious why you put the activation sticking out of the box 'end' that way and the auxiliary on the box 'top' and not vice versa? If its personal preference thats fine but just looking at it it seems to me that having the auxiliary on the box 'end' instead might make it easier to control the effects 'invisibly' with the foreward hand? And having the activation on the box 'top' might also be less likely to inadvertently trigger [though maybe APOP makes that less necessary?]? Maybe my impression is totally wrong...just curious since I've not handled a 'working' Mara saber.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:19:22 AM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 12:41:53 PM »
Second course for the sarlacc from this thread.

Wanna try and make your point again? Here's your official warning to drop it.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »
Very Nice, Erv!  I really like the DarkMeat font... you'll be seeing a few sabers with that one... no doubt!   ;) ;) ;)

We had a saber recently that called for the Mara Jade grips and I thought about hollowing out the 6-32 screws for sound holes.... but wasn't sure if it would work.  At the last minute, the pommel set up changed and we used a vented MPS insert... but I'm glad to see the idea works.  Might be a little louder with LDM's set up and that O-ring idea from Jay-Gon.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Galen M.

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 01:23:33 PM »
Sweet Saber!!!  ;D

"He is now more powerful than ever. He was meant to root out the rebels, not give them hope. His sacrifice will only inspire them."

Offline Jagged Fel

• Experienced Force User
  • "I know lesson one.Don't grab the glowy end."
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 02:21:42 PM »
That's the nicest Mara Jade i've seen so far! The 1 inch blade and PC board make a big differance and that soundfont reminds me of something Mara would have way back when she was the emperors hand. ;D
Sabers so far:

Luke V2,US 2.5 with crystal chamber(by ALuke123)
MR Vader ESB
MR Luke ESB
MR Luke ROTJ
MR Obi-Wan ROTS
Leia(work in progress)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 02:36:34 PM »
Outstanding job as usual, erv.  Everything from top to bottom is great.  The PC sounds awesome in it, and the purple came out sweet.    8)

I couldn't agree more about nixing the 3/4 set up and giving the saber a 1" blade instead; it makes a HUGE difference.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »
Outstanding job as usual, erv.  Everything from top to bottom is great.  The PC sounds awesome in it, and the purple came out sweet.    8)

I couldn't agree more about nixing the 3/4 set up and giving the saber a 1" blade instead; it makes a HUGE difference.

IMO opinion, it makes ALL the difference.  ;)  Now Erv can safely duel with that Mara while he practices moves off of my DVD.  ;D

Seeing what Erv did to this saber makes me SMACK myself in the head for not picking one up myself... :'(    And yes, the Darkmeat font is certainly perfect for it as well. Again my friend, well done!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »
About the switch placement I'm curious why you put the activation sticking out of the box 'end' that way and the auxiliary on the box 'top' and not vice versa? If its personal preference thats fine but just looking at it it seems to me that having the auxiliary on the box 'end' instead might make it easier to control the effects 'invisibly' with the foreward hand? And having the activation on the box 'top' might also be less likely to inadvertently trigger [though maybe APOP makes that less necessary?]? Maybe my impression is totally wrong...just curious since I've not handled a 'working' Mara saber.

that's indeed a very good question. Since I've built Telum Infensus, I kept thinking about switches and their placement, order etc. The thing is that the activation isn't that critical. On that one, I like the fact that you can have your thumb ready to push on it while holding the saber in any position. Easy to feel & trigger. Not that "canon" compared to a control box that is supposed to 'control' the saber (true). On that Mara Jade, I initially wanted to have both controls on the control box, but I couldn't get rid of the screw. Also, I didn't want to have the aux switch to be something "singular" like the red tactile I installed. Indeed, there are no "aux switch" on a lightsaber, so I didn't want to give it an obvious place. It remains then a sort of "secret button" hidden in the green indicator.

At the end, you're correct, with A-POP, you're safe for dueling with such a configuration. The fact the aux button is on top of the control box makes a good choice for grabbing it too, IMO. And it's better to hit accidentally the activation switch (with no harm thanks to APOP) than having the aux at that place and trigger force or blasters fx in an unexpected way.

still, it's a matter of taste too and how you duel (or don't duel) with your saber.

thanks for the comments !

Offline Mersenne

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 12:22:43 AM »
IMO opinion, it makes ALL the difference.  ;)  Now Erv can safely duel with that Mara while he practices moves off of my DVD.  ;D

Seeing what Erv did to this saber makes me SMACK myself in the head for not picking one up myself... :'(    And yes, the Darkmeat font is certainly perfect for it as well. Again my friend, well done!

I'll second that Caine.
I've got so many sabers waiting for soundboards as it is, But if a Mara Jade was available, I'd have a bit of a dilema.

Well Done Master Erv.
it's all Elemental

Offline Forcestruck

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 11:27:44 AM »
Great job Erv, this is all win! This hilt is possibly my favorite and you and Jango both show it off beautifully. 

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 02:31:26 PM »
Holy! Beginning with the first saber I saw of Erv's, the Telum Infensus, usually the sabers Erv shows seem to become my favorites.

I love the Telum Infensus first, then the Ki Adi Mundi, and now the Mara! Korbanth really did a great job on those hilts, they look awesome. Now I want a Mara Jade. When will it end! haha I hope it never does.

Keep up the wonderfull work, and your videos are funny also. Very professional. Your collection must be of only the finest props!

Great taste in hilts you have.

retrousse