fiduciary

Author Topic: What planet would you live on?  (Read 20490 times)

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
Re: What planet would you live on?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »
I voted for Alderaan, since what I have seen of it was ABSOLUTELY beautiful. However, Naboo was pretty much tied for second for me. Although, if it was on the list, I would have voted for Lehon, the Star Forge planet, before anything else. The absolutely beautiful tropical islands surrounded by ocean.... That would be amazing. And I can just imagine scuba diving there...

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 05:43:59 AM »
Alderaan takes the prize for Natural Beauty without question but Naboo is so fantastically artistically refined and elegant...every building and even the public spaces looks like Michelangelo dropped working on the Sistine Chapel to hop a wormhole to a galaxy far far away and build Theed...its like all the most beautiful aspects of Renaissance Venice and Versailles and Monaco [-sigh-] rolled up into one incredible futuro-neo-neoclassical architectural Masterpiece.

What exactly was it that the Trade Federation was blockading at Naboo anyway...what does Naboo trade in? Because looking at the artistic level on display it must be an INSANELY wealthy planet to build a city like Theed.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Revan Reborn

• Formerly known as dj2rbo
  • Master Force User
  • SHABBA!!
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 07:30:23 PM »
Coruscant ;D

Watcha!! Darth Insidious gonna get cha!!!!!

Offline Fetts Vett

• Experienced Force User
  • Star Wars, Skateboarding, and Heavy Metal
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 09:09:13 PM »
I voted for Mandalore. I'd love to get some madalorian armor! My second choice would have been Corellia. From reading the Han Solo trilogy, it made it one of my favorite planets!

Offline Darth Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 02:38:04 PM »
tatooine because i could go pod-racing every day

Offline LordDesann

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 06:08:52 AM »
Korriban, it always reminds me of Egypt and the Pharaohs Tombs, and since Korriban is a Sith planet which has a bunch of sith tombs, it be kind of cool to explore the dark secrets of the Sith.

Offline Saarai

• Master WordSmith
  • Force User
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 06:18:48 AM »
Just avoid the skeletons and Hissis'
BlackBerry Pin: 32A584D4

Character and integrity are what you do when no one is around or looking.
Bowties are cool.
From now on I'll be green, I'll be all the shades of green, they'll call me El Verde and tell my tale in Greenland.
Yoda: "To the hand you must talk." ROP5

Offline Fenn Thayed

• No Force
  • I come from the land of the ice and snow
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 02:26:08 PM »
I say Kashkyyyk because I've always had an attachment to the woods.  Besides, who else but Wookiees could have come up with some thing so elegant--and lethal--as a bowcaster?  Despite their technological prowess, they still manage to live hamoniously with their environment--just check out their architecture; and their loyalty is legendary.  If you befriend a wookiee, it's for life, period.  That sense of honor and devotion is something that we in this universe could certainly use more of.

Of course, that being said, I could also see myself making a home on Nar Shadaa.  Who wouldn't want to live someplace as cool sounding as "The Smugglers' Moon"?  There's probably no better place in the galaxy for someone to disappear...

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
  • At last the Snugi are no more!
    • My youtube page
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »
DUDE!  YOU FORGOT TO ADD CLOUD CITY!

Thats where I would like to live in the clouds  ;)

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »

Bespin is on the list brother.

However, I agree that this poll should be city specific.

Since Alderaan, Bespin and Naboo are the trio of winners for me, I would say that I'd live in Aldera (the capital city of Alderaan), Tibannopolis (a Bespin gas mining facility, which tried to rival Cloud city), and Theed indeed, for its craftsmanship and absolute beauty.

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
  • At last the Snugi are no more!
    • My youtube page
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »

Bespin is on the list brother.

However, I agree that this poll should be city specific.

Since Alderaan, Bespin and Naboo are the trio of winners for me, I would say that I'd live in Aldera (the capital city of Alderaan), Tibannopolis (a Bespin gas mining facility, which tried to rival Cloud city), and Theed indeed, for its craftsmanship and absolute beauty.

Yea that is true I was just hoping it would be seprate from bespin, although im thinking about voting for mustafar because I love hot weather and I love all the sithy things like evil plantes and what not. I mean hey I live in houston texas and I know in the summer it gets triple digits and it still takes alot for my to sweat so I might fit in there just right  ;)

Offline Cyberote

• Force User
  • Poor Sam...
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
Tatooine. I like sandy desert places for some reason. But knowing my luck, I'd be born and stuck on Hoth. God I  hate the cold!

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
  • I gots BAD frostbite on Hoth.
    • Lightsabers with GV
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 10:46:11 AM »
Kashyyyk.  I always liked the woods...and wookies.

GV

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »
Tatooine. I like sandy desert places for some reason. But knowing my luck, I'd be born and stuck on Hoth. God I  hate the cold!

I'm a Canuck, so Hoth isn't too far off. :D

At least there wouldn't be any shortage of skiing time. ;D

Yea that is true I was just hoping it would be seprate from bespin, although im thinking about voting for mustafar because I love hot weather and I love all the sithy things like evil plantes and what not. I mean hey I live in houston texas and I know in the summer it gets triple digits and it still takes alot for my to sweat so I might fit in there just right  ;)

With all that lava, you'll never need a campfire again!

Just don't forget the marshmallows... ;D

Kashyyyk.  I always liked the woods...and wookies.

GV

You'll need earplugs with all that screaming around you. Goodnight! :D

Offline GeckoJedi

• Lightsaber #2?
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 06:42:26 PM »
I'm only familiar with what it's like on Tatooine, Hoth, Bespin, Illum, Kessel, Korriban, Mon Cal, Kamino, Naboo, Kasyhyk, Coruscant, Alderaan, Corellia, Felucia, Utapau, and Mustafar.

-Tatooine has far too much sand for my tastes.

-Hoth is too cold and snowy.

-Bespin, I'd be afraid something would go wrong and Cloud City would plummet to the ground(if Bespin even has one).

-Illum is also too cold for me

-Kessel is an astroid prison iirc

-Korriban is too Dark Sidy for me.

-Mon Cal and Kamino are too watery for me.

-Coruscant might be cool, but I hate city driving.

-Alderaan. We all know how that ends.

-The woods make me nervous at night, so Kashyyk is out.

-Mustafar. Might as well just live in a volcano.

-Felucia has too many mushrooms.

-Utapau is too rocky. I don't want to have to scale a mountain just to get to my house.

That leaves Naboo and Corellia. Either of those would be fine by me, but I voted Corellia because Naboo had more votes and I wanted to be different.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:15:01 PM by GeckoJedi »

retrousse