fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46175 times)

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2009, 12:50:20 AM »
Pm replied.

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »

.....blah blah buh blah blah...uh, *cough* oops, ehhhh, what were you saying again? My bad, I kinda zoned out there! And holy [self-edit]! My foots bleeding! I don't even own a firearm! :o

But all is well that ends well. :) Especially after this comment:
Quote from: DARTH TYRANUS
blah blah blah

...wait a minute that's not right, I mean this one
buh buh blah blah

what the?...darn it! What's wrong with the quoting system? Must be another one of those forum tech problems. ::) Anyway the one about the saber issue being resolved or something, that's awesome. 8)

HOLD UP *brakes* This is the OL thread right? Gah! Thought it was the official ORA. :-X But since I'm here, I'd like to say it's good to hear from ya! See, I've tried giving out updates on your behalf, but gorsh durn it, it's just not the same as the real deal. 8) But I just can't help being a huge fan! I haven't had this much fun being [self-edit] over since the last time I was in Dayton at the Mosey Inn (ah, Amber how I miss thee!). Well, I don't wanna "spew" all over the place here, especially since lunch only consisted of fruit and half a turkey sandwich, (have you ever thrown up fruit? It's the most god awful thing) so I'll just wait for more, ah, updates. :)

-$5.00

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »
Just a couple quick comments from me, as we're waiting to see how this all pans out...

First, this was never meant to be the start of a flame war towards anyone. It's a little tough to say anything that doesn't sound like that in a situation such as this, as everything is individual. I can't say ORA screwed up, without it sounding like a direct attack at DT. I can't say anything about about US without it sounding like a direct attack at Alex. And never was it my intention to attack an individual personally. Not in a flaming, uncalled for way, at least. For those who saw it that way, just know it wasn't my intention, and accept my apology.

Second, that being said, I don't regret any of my statements as far as what I said. How I phrased it, maybe, but not the statements themselves. Everything was said based on a pattern (see Shadeslinger's posts on what pattern I'm referring to. He lays them out far more humorously than I) and a history of events. I still think this has drawn out far too long, and I still think trust and faith is misplaced in many cases. But I do understand a bit better why certain things have gone on as long as they have, and all I can say is a little more communication would have gone a long way towards keeping this pot from the boiling point it has reached on occasion.

This is the flaw inherent in a board and community such as this. We're all friends and fellow fans (and smiths, in some cases), right up until we pay someone someone for their services. Then we become business associates, not friends. Until it's done, and the goods are delivered, but even then the friendship has been altered toward the business side. If you ask me for help installing a board, and I say "sure, send it over and I'll do it for you, no cost." Well, that's just one guy doing another guy a solid. Which is cool, and there are usually no ramifications. But the minute I ask for money, even if it is $.50, you become my client, my customer, and I have an obligation to get you what you want in a timely fashion. That's what happened here. I don't care if someone only paid five cents, or if they (like myself) are into this project for nearly a grand at this point, we all have the same rights. and we have been delayed, deceived and misled time after time. Many of us have asked for our sabers, offering to pay for shipping again, to get them to us, and we'd get them assembled elsewhere. We're usually met with silence or hostility. We have been extremely patient. We have been extremely understanding. I applaud the amount of restraint and patience I've seen here (not always applicable to myself, unfortunately). But I think we're all to the enough is enough stage. I'm hoping this is really getting worked out. I really am. But part of me is kicking and screaming, unwilling to believe they are even at the post office at this point.  Because we've all heard it before. And we're not ready to wait months again, hoping for good news that rarely comes....

To all you folks at Ultrasabers, I have enough of your product to know you do great work. And I've had issues that have been worked out smoothly, so I know you care about customer service. I admire that you've taken a fun hobby and turned it into a business, catering to the geekiness inside us. I apologize to you if you feel I was attacking you. I'm hoping that this gets worked out for your sake, as well as all of ours.

To the mods I've talked to about this situation on this board, thank you for your patience, honesty and communication, even when you often know as much as the rest of us. Which is to say, not much. You're mods for a reason, and you do your jobs well.

To the rest of us, I'm hoping against hope that we all come out of this with our sabers. I feel like, should we all get them, we should get together and throw a huge party.

I'll try to stay clm, and be less vocal in the meantime. Or at least less antagonistic. You all deserve that much.
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2009, 05:27:54 PM »
Well here's the skinny.

The box that the items were packaged in had collapsed and ripped causing the contents to spill.

I had to take them back and repackage everything, and make sure that nothing was damaged.  They needed me to come in and make sure nothing was lost. The Carrier has been notified that a pickup is needed and the information is below.

The package is scheduled for pickup by my carrier Friday September 04 2009 @ 10 AM (Tomorrow morning)

The Pickup request number is: WEC31187588

The Tracking number for the package is: 2503 8555 7491 3373 7115 Priority Mail Insured.

Jango will be receiving, and will distribute as all are completed and ready to ship.

I have a secondary shipment of blade stock that is going out as well for the Overlords, and everyone else's stuff will be going out within these next three weeks. Sorry, but that is the fastest I can move these out. There is a LOT of it.

Hopefully we can just put this all behind us once this is finished, and we can all get on with our lives.

Offline morrisart85

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »
Hard to get more solid than that.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2009, 05:34:33 PM »

.....blah blah buh blah blah...uh, *cough* oops, ehhhh, what were you saying again? My bad, I kinda zoned out there! And holy [self-edit]! My foots bleeding! I don't even own a firearm! :o

But all is well that ends well. :) Especially after this comment:
blah blah blah

...wait a minute that's not right, I mean this one
buh buh blah blah

what the?...darn it! What's wrong with the quoting system? Must be another one of those forum tech problems. ::) Anyway the one about the saber issue being resolved or something, that's awesome. 8)

HOLD UP *brakes* This is the OL thread right? Gah! Thought it was the official ORA. :-X But since I'm here, I'd like to say it's good to hear from ya! See, I've tried giving out updates on your behalf, but gorsh durn it, it's just not the same as the real deal. 8) But I just can't help being a huge fan! I haven't had this much fun being [self-edit] over since the last time I was in Dayton at the Mosey Inn (ah, Amber how I miss thee!). Well, I don't wanna "spew" all over the place here, especially since lunch only consisted of fruit and half a turkey sandwich, (have you ever thrown up fruit? It's the most god awful thing) so I'll just wait for more, ah, updates. :)

-$5.00

As for all the "Blah Blah"  Did you not get the email I sent you two weeks ago regarding your Ancient?

If you did not receive the email, I apologize.  Your saber is here and will be shipped ASAP.

The Same Goes for eastern57's Prophecy, PokerJedi's Imp Knight, Stunts, Overlord and extra hilt, as well as Obi-Wan's CF Overlords.

Nik Tabak From greece also has a custom saber that is being done, as well as a few others that have yet to be delivered.

Master Jedye's Order will be filled with the Overlord shipment, since Gemini Concepts are helping anyway.

I have a secondary package going to Jango next week with resupply of switches, battery packs, Set screws, Covertech Knobs, and LED's.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
Thank you for these updates DT.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »
It's alright Derek.  I've stated to more than one mod about how much a one-sided flame war this thread has become,  that was supposed to be "positive informational/communication".  I brought a couple of them to task about how it seems ok to let some people lambast an individual, but if someone speaks up in defense of something, they get PMed with warnings.

Or I get a warning for accidentally sliding by the swear filter, but it's ok for the person in the above post to get away with the inuendo about Amber and the Mosey Inn (on supposedly a  family-friendly site and why I was warned about the sliding around the chat filter.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:03:49 PM by Darth Raijlin »

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »
It's alright Derek.  I've stated to more than one mod about how much a one-sided flame war this thread has become,  that was supposed to be "positive informational/communication".  I brought a couple of them to task about how it seems ok to let some people lambast an individual, but if someone speaks up in defense of something, they get PMed with warnings.

Or I get a warning for accidentally sliding by the swear filter, but it's ok for the person in the above post to get away with the inuendo about Amber and the Mosey Inn (on supposedly a  family-friendly site and why I was warned about the sliding around the chat filter.)

This "flame war" was hardly one-sided, just flip back a few pages. And these customers were more so raising concerns and skepticism than actually flaming anyone, which is why they were allowed, and which is why Dereks responses were also allowed. I will state no more on this, except to say that no one will demonize these people who had every right to be skeptical and to demand answers when they have money on the line. It is a sad fact it happens to be a well-known member involved but it is what has, and what will happen to any situation like this one with any other dealer.

There will be no more discussion on it, the staff has asked repeatedly that anyone not involved please refrain from posting. I am going to go rogue and allow you this one post as long as it accompanies my own. If that stands so be it, if not....

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2009, 02:18:37 AM »
I have to say that the last post of Reaven, was really telling about how I feel, and I think most of us.

I really do feel for Dereks illness and the problems that came from that, and it hurts reading about the things he writes about.
Maybe I'm a too sensitive guy.
Maybe cause I understand depression, and how that is keeping you from functioning normal.
I have it in my family.
But it is like Reaven wrote;
The posting of sabers being finished and ready for shipping while that seems not to be true, that brought me to a point of loosing fait in you DT.
Just too many broken promisses where made.
I almost opened a topic to get rid of my frustrations about this whole Overlord thing. (Well I did actually, and than I deleted it again)

I really hope that this whole thing will get passed.
That people will look at the good times when they see your name, while you're posting a reply to help someone out, as you always did.

Just a couple quick comments from me, as we're waiting to see how this all pans out...

First, this was never meant to be the start of a flame war towards anyone. It's a little tough to say anything that doesn't sound like that in a situation such as this, as everything is individual. I can't say ORA screwed up, without it sounding like a direct attack at DT. I can't say anything about about US without it sounding like a direct attack at Alex. And never was it my intention to attack an individual personally. Not in a flaming, uncalled for way, at least. For those who saw it that way, just know it wasn't my intention, and accept my apology.

Second, that being said, I don't regret any of my statements as far as what I said. How I phrased it, maybe, but not the statements themselves. Everything was said based on a pattern (see Shadeslinger's posts on what pattern I'm referring to. He lays them out far more humorously than I) and a history of events. I still think this has drawn out far too long, and I still think trust and faith is misplaced in many cases. But I do understand a bit better why certain things have gone on as long as they have, and all I can say is a little more communication would have gone a long way towards keeping this pot from the boiling point it has reached on occasion.

This is the flaw inherent in a board and community such as this. We're all friends and fellow fans (and smiths, in some cases), right up until we pay someone someone for their services. Then we become business associates, not friends. Until it's done, and the goods are delivered, but even then the friendship has been altered toward the business side. If you ask me for help installing a board, and I say "sure, send it over and I'll do it for you, no cost." Well, that's just one guy doing another guy a solid. Which is cool, and there are usually no ramifications. But the minute I ask for money, even if it is $.50, you become my client, my customer, and I have an obligation to get you what you want in a timely fashion. That's what happened here. I don't care if someone only paid five cents, or if they (like myself) are into this project for nearly a grand at this point, we all have the same rights. and we have been delayed, deceived and misled time after time. Many of us have asked for our sabers, offering to pay for shipping again, to get them to us, and we'd get them assembled elsewhere. We're usually met with silence or hostility. We have been extremely patient. We have been extremely understanding. I applaud the amount of restraint and patience I've seen here (not always applicable to myself, unfortunately). But I think we're all to the enough is enough stage. I'm hoping this is really getting worked out. I really am. But part of me is kicking and screaming, unwilling to believe they are even at the post office at this point.  Because we've all heard it before. And we're not ready to wait months again, hoping for good news that rarely comes....

To all you folks at Ultrasabers, I have enough of your product to know you do great work. And I've had issues that have been worked out smoothly, so I know you care about customer service. I admire that you've taken a fun hobby and turned it into a business, catering to the geekiness inside us. I apologize to you if you feel I was attacking you. I'm hoping that this gets worked out for your sake, as well as all of ours.

To the mods I've talked to about this situation on this board, thank you for your patience, honesty and communication, even when you often know as much as the rest of us. Which is to say, not much. You're mods for a reason, and you do your jobs well.

To the rest of us, I'm hoping against hope that we all come out of this with our sabers. I feel like, should we all get them, we should get together and throw a huge party.

I'll try to stay clm, and be less vocal in the meantime. Or at least less antagonistic. You all deserve that much.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2009, 06:22:27 AM »
I have started getting some PMs about members wanting to change their orders on the Overlords

Different main Leds, accent Leds swapping out the 2.1 for a 2.5, changing the blade to UltraEdge ect ect ect ect ect ect.

The Answer to all your questions is NO.

To be CRYSTAL clear, NO CHANGES TO YOUR ORDER

I have not even received the package yet, and there will be more than one sent.
I have a secondary package going to Jango next week with resupply of switches, battery packs, Set screws, Covertech Knobs, and LED's.

Once the hilt and parts arrive, sorted, a build list will be posted in ORA. Details will be posted on each build.
Unless a specific main LED is unavailable, that list will stay as is.
If there is an error, you will have to prove it to me.

If this is unacceptable to you send me an email to josh@ultrasabers.com, with your order #
Your hilt and parts will be sent to Ultrasabers HQ for assembly with any changes you like and the sabersmith there will work with you on it.

It's a huge effort to sort and build 20+ sabers. I'm not going to delay these further by contacting each member to confirm changes, answer build questions, and negotiate prices.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2009, 07:16:29 AM »
Understandable, Jango. This really is a huge job, and I want to thank you again for offering your services.

Jango will be receiving, and will distribute as all are completed and ready to ship.

I think I misread this originally. I thought it meant that they were complete already, and you would distribute them. Which of course made me wonder why switches and such were coming in a second shipment (I still wonder that, just for a different reason), but now I realize it meant that meant they would be distributed as Jango completes them. Makes a bit more sense now...

Thanks for the update and clarification Jango
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2009, 09:38:47 AM »
Understandable, Jango. This really is a huge job, and I want to thank you again for offering your services.

I think I misread this originally. I thought it meant that they were complete already, and you would distribute them. Which of course made me wonder why switches and such were coming in a second shipment (I still wonder that, just for a different reason), but now I realize it meant that meant they would be distributed as Jango completes them. Makes a bit more sense now...

Thanks for the update and clarification Jango

Yes the sabers will be distributed as Jango finishes them.

The Resupply of parts is because I am shy on a few items like switches and set screws .  I was also out of JST connectors for the LEDS and battery packs.

BTW the package is in the hands of the USPS again, so it should be about 3-5 days that Jango has them.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2009, 10:20:19 AM »
Derek, inquiry PM sent.

Offline CybKnight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »
Well, to me this sound like news. Good news in fact. Thanks DT.

*EDIT* ....and thanks Jango... */EDIT*
CybKnight - Saber fanatic
---------------------------------------------------------
--=Sabers=--
---------------------------
AwesomeSauce X11000 #17 & 18
VV Starkiller run 2 #17
SC/VV Qui-gon TPM
Orbital Machining Obi TPM #3
Yoda's Graflex V 2010 version
Yoda's Obi Wan TPM Negotiator #2
Yoda's Qui Gon TPM Ambassador #1
JSS Starkiller
Many, many MR sabers.
Multiple MHS parts and hilts for future projects.

retrousse