fiduciary

Author Topic: Elon Musk: "we're living in the matrix"  (Read 2117 times)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
Elon Musk: "we're living in the matrix"
« on: October 20, 2016, 11:09:33 AM »
Elon Musk has crunched the numbers: he says the odds that this world is 'base reality' , are a billion to one.

ie: there's almost NO chance, that this world is "real". it's a near-certainty, that we are, in fact, living in a computer simulation.

Is our world a simulation? Why some scientists say it's more likely than not

---> meanwhile, 2 prominent silicon valley billionaires are secretly funding efforts to break the simulation, aka: bring about the "end of the world" (in so many words).

Tech billionaires convinced we live in the Matrix are secretly funding

"...our descendants will either conquer the galaxy or extinguish consciousness in the universe forever. What a time to be alive!”

(short version: at the rate video game simulations are progressing, it's only a matter of time before computer simulations are 100% "indistinguishable" from reality, with in-game-AI-characters who are 100% indistinguishable from "people" ; the ONLY thing that will stop this from happening, is a cataclysmic end to civilization (in which case, we'd all be dead right now, so we can safely assume this hasn't happened); therefore "indistinguishable" simulations of humans (and environments), WILL happen, with 100% certainty, in ANY reality where we are not already dead --> the question becomes: what is the statistical probability, that the reality we are in Right Now is the "real one", and not one of these (inevitable) simulations; that we are "Real" people, and not one of these (inevitable) "AI"-simulations-of-people --> and the answer is: there is only a slim chance, a billion to one, that this is the "real" base-reality -- there's a 99.9999999% certainty that we are AI-simulations living in the Matrix right now.. according to Elon Musk).

((so basically: a scenario would look something like this: human beings in 'base reality' built a computer simulation of their world, down to the last nut&bolt, down to the last recorded inhabitant -- they created simulated "AI" people, to populate this simulated world -- and perhaps that's exactly what WE are, we are just simulated AI people -- we are part of the simulation: digital people in a digital world (called 'non player characters') who have no corporeal form in the "base reality")).

((the question is asked : what are the odds that we are ALL just "AI" simulations, given the certainty that these simulated-AI-people WILL be invented, in (any) real "base reality"? ... Elon Musk says: there's a 99.9999999% certainty we are the "AI simulations" of people; only a one-in-a-billion chance that we are the "real" people in the "base reality")).

:huh:
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Elon Musk: "we're living in the matrix"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:47:45 AM »
If this is true... why is there still pooping?

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
With my best Scrooge voice: "Bah Humbug!"
 :laugh:

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 12:11:59 PM »
If I'm an AI I need an upgrade  :grin:

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 02:54:40 PM »
If this is true... why is there still pooping?

This made me laugh... a lot

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 06:08:39 PM »
Elon Musk: "...the odds that this is Base Reality are approximately 1 billion to ONE!"

Han Solo: "Never Tell Me The Odds!"
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline oswaldkefo

• Force User
  • aka MandaloreLives
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:30:25 PM »
If that is the case, I will just wait for the hackers to break the Matrix and then we can give ourselves whatever we want a la console commands.

What time to be alive....i think...

I came here to conquer the galaxy and drink milk...and I've finished my milk.

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • May the source be with you.
    • Hubbe's Corner
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 02:14:14 PM »
Seems far more likely that our universe is simply the screensaver on someones computer.
(If we could stare out from our universe, we'd see a sticky-note saying: Out to lunch, back in 5 billion years.)

retrousse