fiduciary

Author Topic: New Legacy Era Series!  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Deke

• Experienced Force User
New Legacy Era Series!
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:45:36 PM »
CBR got an exclusive that Dark Horse will be releasing a new series set in the Legacy era next year.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42465

I've got to say I'm pretty excited. Loved the era, but kind of hated Cade, so this is great news. Now I just have to hope we get some novels set in the era too!

Offline Scars Unseen

• Padawan Learner
Re: New Legacy Era Series!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 06:33:02 AM »
Hmm...  Not really sure about it...  I thought the Legacy series was okay at best, though the Imperial Knights thing was kind of cool.  Actually, I'd be interested in seeing how that came about.  The Fate of the Jedi series kept teasing that Jaina and Jagged Fel were going to be the link between the novels and the Legacy comic, but then pulled the rug out from under that idea at the last minute. 

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:07:54 AM »
I'm more concerned that Disney is going to "pull the rug out from under" the ENTIRE EU in a couple years...why get into another EU series only to find in 2015 that it gets de-canon-ized/retconned into "it never happened" because of Disney following Unca George [who hates the EU] 30 year old script? Looks to me like maybe Dark Horse has made the same calculation so figures its time to 'CASH IN' on all those fans who like the Legacy Era BEFORE it all gets 'undone hmmm?

Personally I'm going to wait until Episode VII to see if anything in the EU survives Disney/GL/JJ etc BEFORE I give one more red cent of my money for ANYTHING in the EU...if it does then I can always get the trade paperback version of this when it comes out later.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
Honestly though, that is like not reading the classic Marvel Star Wars because it isn't 'canon'. I personally don't care how "valid" my fiction is. My favorite Star Wars comics are star wars tales and visions, which is decidedly non-canon. Who cares so long as it is a good story?
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Scars Unseen

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
Honestly though, that is like not reading the classic Marvel Star Wars because it isn't 'canon'. I personally don't care how "valid" my fiction is. My favorite Star Wars comics are star wars tales and visions, which is decidedly non-canon. Who cares so long as it is a good story?

That's pretty much where I'm at.  Frankly, I'm more inclined to be disappointed in Disney if they ride roughshod over the EU than anything else.  It was one thing when the Prequels invalidated some of the existing fiction;  back then there weren't really that many good novels out anyway.  But since those days, the quality has increased all around(well not universally...  there are still some that I'm not overly fond of), and to me, The Solo kids(not kids anymore...  or plural for that matter), Ben Skywalker, Mara Jade et al. are as much part of the Star Wars mythos as Mace Windu and Quigon Jinn.  Maybe not quite as much as Darth Vader and Han Solo.  But definitely moreso than anything that Disney might try to replace them with if they discard the existing EU as non-existent.

Tying into the topic:  without spoiling anything, the Legacy of the Force books may have averted the future shown in the Legacy comics.   So we may already be in "What If" status here.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
I thought the Legacy of the Force series, and the "Fates of the Jedi Series" (set shortly thereafter) were pretty good. They may have went off on wild tangents here and there, but they were pretty good overall.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:22:10 PM »
I enjoy some legacy stuff, myself, but always wanted to see the founding of the Imperial Knights more than anything. After that is was pretty meh.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Wyrlock

• Padawan Learner
  • Through victory my chains are broken...
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 09:11:21 AM »
Loved the first run of Legacy with Cade et.al. Not sure about this Ania Solo thing. Read the first few and it's not grabbed me the same way...
I want to go home and re-think my life...

retrousse