fiduciary

Author Topic: K3GR2 - Warspite  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
K3GR2 - Warspite
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:43:34 AM »
K3GR2 - WARSPITE

This hilt was mainly an "homage" to the Samurai 3000, with a couple of little twists thrown in. I originally picked black and bronze based on an old katana I had for years that had that color scheme for it's handle (mainly black with the bronze accents thrown in). I also envisioned a yellow/gold colored blade for this design. Yes, I can do all the colors, but I think Yellow/Gold fits this design the best. Since I don't want to work LDM's side of the "Bronzium" Street, I left the hilt "clean". The shroud design is a design play on the 3 slots in the pommel (mentioned in the video). Since I had the slots, when I decided to place the chamber, it made sense to take advantage of the slots and do a "semi-reveal". The shrouds stay in place by compression friction, but with the slightest of twists on the choke, the top shroud can be rotated to reveal the "maintenance mode". The semi hidden aux switch opposite the main switch also doubles as a stopper so the shroud only twists so far - a replay of the way I did the switches on Apex.

As this project went along I envisioned this being the weapon that Jedi Master Belth Allusis would have used in his last stand on Bothawui. So I kept the external design fairly austere. 

The chamber itself has a "back" that includes a PLI barograph (the green light in the chamber in the videos), and just a randomly cut circuit board cut for the other half.  The yellow/gold "fins" actually do move so in theory you could replace the crystal. However due to the size of the window and the limited real estate within the chamber itself, they would only swing fully open if you removed the whole chamber. The 1.3mm recharge port is incorporated on top right above the chamber in it's own little "area". The whole chassis is held in place with a set screw hidden under the top shroud, which gave me a little room for wires underneath. The 5mm LED is held in place by another 2-56 screw that I drilled and tapped into the coaxial sleeve.

The SD card is easily accessed by removing the pommel and removing the speaker mount and it's right there - an old school design.

Those are the highlights, so enjoy!

SPECS:

CFv7
All Fonts were the standard ones except:
K3GR2 Jedi Sentinel - Nightstorm
Crystalline workshop - Novastar
Tri-Rebel RGrB
Matching color changing Crystal Chamber
TCSS mini speaker
12mm black Red ringed AV switch. (color was disabled on purpose)
18650 3.7V 3400 mAh battery

Custom printed chassis and speaker holder by Darth Ryo

Selected build shots:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:49:06 PM by Forgetful Jedi Knight »

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline cannibal869

• I dub thee Darth..........Lecter.
  • Master Force User
  • NUCLEAR POWERED JEDI at work!!!
Re: K3GR2 - Warspite
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »
Strong work FJK! Do you have any other close up pictures of the crystal chamber?  I feel like it didn't get all the praise it deserved...

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »
I looked through the shots, and here's a "side" view of the chamber, with the wings "open"

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:49:28 PM by Forgetful Jedi Knight »

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 12:48:31 PM »
This was another great build!  Awesome job FJK! 8)

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Wildcard

• Master Force User
  • This is an ex-parrot.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
Great build, nice reveal, nice bargraph placement, and great color-scheme!

retrousse