fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ANH with pics and comparison with Esb, Ani Rots and Graflex replica.  (Read 27370 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Luke ANH with pics and comparison with Esb, Ani Rots and Graflex replica.
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 04:49:11 PM »
;)
You know guys I guess it's just me;but,I bet ya I could if I wanted to point out the flaws on every masterreplicas fx saber that I have;but,I won't.I love each and everyone of my sabers.Now I've converted my mace to a luxeon saber and It's better than ever.What I'm saying is from a poor boy's point of view I'm happy that I've got them.Flaws and all lol ;D 8)

I agree Master Kenobi. :)

P.S. Master Kenobi did you get the Vader parts?

Yes i did greedo and they were in wonderful shape.I've got a few ideas in my head for those parts lol ;) ;D

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 04:51:02 PM »
Very nice Master Kenobi, I'm glad you got them in good condition. :)  I can't wait to see what you do with em'.

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 04:51:18 PM »
It's just depressing how little the FX has progressed.  Hopefully a different comapnyt will do a bit better than MR.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 04:53:24 PM »
Very nice Master Kenobi, I'm glad you got them in good condition. :)  I can't wait to see what you do with em'.

I'm building my version of the vader anh saber lol :o ;D

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »
It's just depressing how little the FX has progressed.  Hopefully a different comapnyt will do a bit better than MR.

Again that is just YOUR opinion.

Your loss I suppose too.  I've been happy with the FX sabers thus far...so I think you've kind of made your point now...

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »
**POUNDS SABER HILT ON TABLE** ORDER! There will be ORDER! ;D

I might go ahead and keep one of my ANH sabers for display. I aven't decided until it actually hits my hands.  Alas, it still seems that this saber COULD have been a much nicer piece, and I agree with rob on that front, as well as pricing.

$7 at wal-mart, and I would expect inaccuracy. For the price paid for an MR FX, the ANH is guilty of having GLARING flaws, but we're not talking about LE, EE, or SE detail. The Bulb clamp would have been nice to see as an accurate piece, but being what it is makes it easier for conversion.

EVERY FX has it's inaccuracies, but the huge lumps under the eye and red button are pretty drastic. My final decision will me made when I actually hold one.

I WANT an accurate ANH, so I will be purchasing that from Yoda. ;)

For something to bang around...this one will do... ;D

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 05:51:06 PM »
Indeed. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, that's what this forum is all about. For me, the ESB I got from Yoda will do nicely, but I may pick this one up later just for the fact that it's the very last FX that MR will ever put out.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »
I've been happy with the FX sabers thus far...so I think you've kind of made your point now...

I'll decide when I've finished making my point, just like you'll decide when you've finished raving about anything MR throws at you.  Look man, for $120.00 such glaring flaws can be EASILY worked out.  Were not talking about rounded ends on the grips, or the color of the button, were talking about big lumps of chrome sticking out of what is supposed to be a smooth brushed stainless hilt.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:00:38 PM by rob »

Offline Ketme-Hamje Traya

• Experienced Force User
  • "Our path brought us here for a reason..."
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »
Well, I, in my opinion, like how MR could take the time to rethink how to make a Luke saber out of an Anakin rots, looking closely at my Anakin and Luke and they don't really look all too similar. But I'm sure the possibility is there for it. Think of it this way, what might happen if MR did make the Luke an almost perfect graflex luke? The Graflex replica companies would want some of those profits too.

Your entitled to your own opinion, but don't bite the hand that feeds.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:35:03 PM by Ketme-Hamje Traya »
"...there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."
-Darth Traya

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 06:01:28 PM »
I'll decide when I've finished making my point, just like you'll decide when you've finished raving about anything MR throws at you.  Look man, for $120.00 such glaring flaws can be EASILY worked out.  Were not talking about rounded ends on the grips, or the color of the button, were talking about big lumps of chrome sticking out of what is supposed to be a smooth hilt.

Okay you definitely have made your point now, and it is time to settle down.

As I said it's a matter of your opinion.  As Joclad said everyone is entitled to it.  Most do not agree with you (me being of em') and you're going on like a broken record...  If you are truely that unhappy about the details then maybe it's best you cancel your order.

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 06:05:33 PM »
No FX will ever compare to the "real deal" such as a real Graflex, real MMP, or all the parts from the Obi saber etc. They are what they are, a $120 toy! We all know MR rushed to get this done for as little as thay had to spend. They were not going to dump the money needed to make it as accurate as we all wanted. They are loosing the license and needed to get this to market for as little as possible. I think we would have seen a better ANH saber if they weren't loosing it. Yes, it's sad there are many inaccuracies with this but oh well. I am adding it to my collection anyway as many others are. Based on the reviews posted if you want it buy it, if not then don't.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »
Okay you definitely have made your point now, and it is time to settle down.

As I said it's a matter of your opinion.  As Joclad said everyone is entitled to it.  Most do not agree with you (me being of em') and you're going on like a broken record...  If you are truely that unhappy about the details then maybe it's best you cancel your order.

Now you’re just being rude.  Usually the term "settle down" is reserved for occasions when a person becomes extremely angry and/ or emotionally incontrollable.  I think it's pretty safe to say that I haven't reached that point of extreme behavior.  Unlike yourself, I haven't even been rude or condescending, I have simply been adamant in my opinion of this piece of junk.  By the way, you sound like a broken record as well, just a different broken record.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:10:02 PM by rob »

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2007, 06:15:30 PM »
O.K. I'm sure Louis did not want his thread turned into this. Everyone has made their points crystal clear by now. Yes the saber is not what we expected as far as detail, but there is nothing we can do about it. Lets put this to rest please.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2007, 06:31:01 PM »
I resent the condescending comments and rude behavior of members like Greedo who have been posting here for half as long as I have.  This is what happens when Mod status is given out like penny candy. 

http://yamma.ytmnd.com/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:36:15 PM by rob »

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2007, 07:39:23 PM »
"This bickering is pointless!"

Sorry Louis, PM me if you want. Thread Locked.

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

retrousse