fiduciary

Author Topic: Anyone have experience filling/reparing MR LE display cases?  (Read 4335 times)

Offline GoldLdr

• Experienced Force User
  • Stay on Target!
Anyone have experience filling/reparing MR LE display cases?
« on: August 17, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »
It finally came!  Yesterday, I received my Princess Leia blaster LE, and today my Stormtrooper blaster LE arrived!!

I'll be posting pics (once I figure out how..not having a lot of success so far) and a review over the weekend, but for now I have a question.

As I was unloading/uncrating/basking in the glory of the E-11 LE, my lovely two year old daughter decided to take the the acryllic case, knock it onto the ground, flip it over, and then push it along the ground.  Needless to say, when I regained conciousness, the top of the acryllic cover is scratched all long it's surface.  They are not deep scratches, but they are all over and they annoy me.

My question to everyone, does anyone know a good way to buff out / fill in scratches in the acryllic without making it worse?

-GoldLdr

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
Re: Anyone have experience filling/reparing MR LE display cases?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 03:02:49 PM »
That's a pretty good price in the auction.  They also sell Novus at Lowe's and/or Home Depot.  I can't remember which one I saw it at.

Congrats on the E-11 and Leia blasters!  The E-11 will probably be my next MR.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:40:20 PM »
It finally came!  Yesterday, I received my Princess Leia blaster LE, and today my Stormtrooper blaster LE arrived!!

I'll be posting pics (once I figure out how..not having a lot of success so far) and a review over the weekend, but for now I have a question.

As I was unloading/uncrating/basking in the glory of the E-11 LE, my lovely two year old daughter decided to take the the acryllic case, knock it onto the ground, flip it over, and then push it along the ground.  Needless to say, when I regained conciousness, the top of the acryllic cover is scratched all long it's surface.  They are not deep scratches, but they are all over and they annoy me.

My question to everyone, does anyone know a good way to buff out / fill in scratches in the acryllic without making it worse?

-GoldLdr

GoldLdr, Have you gotten a photobucket account?

http://photobucket.com/

After you register (free) then all you have to do is sign in, create album, go to the upload section and hit browse.

FInd the pictures on your machine, and double click the ones you want to upload. Then just click the upload button. After your photos upload you just look below the thumbnails, or to the left of the full size images.

You want to click or copy the code with [img] tags, then paste it into your post dialog window.

Offline GoldLdr

• Experienced Force User
  • Stay on Target!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 12:52:55 PM »
Thanks Darth Tyranus for the advice.

The issue I am having is with my camera, not photobucket :).

-GoldLdr

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 02:09:13 PM »
oh ok...

;)

Didn't realize that.

:)

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 08:41:01 AM »
My heart sank when I read what your daughter did.  I know children are a lovely thing....but I'm glad I made the choice to not have any. hahah

I second the Novus product.  I use it quite frequently on my car and MR cases.   
If you can't find Novus locally, you can look for Mequiars PlastX, its  a good product, as well and you can find it readily available at any Walmart or auto part store.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline GoldLdr

• Experienced Force User
  • Stay on Target!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 09:21:39 AM »
I'm going to try to pick some up this weekend and see if I can fix the case.  It looks like it might be a multi step process depending on the depth of the scratches.

Can the cleaner item (I think it was Novus #1) work for FX saber blades as well?

-GoldLdr

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »
yup Novus is great for all plastics.

May The Force FX Be With You!

retrousse