fiduciary

Author Topic: Guylo Ren's Kylo TFA helmet (pic heavy)  (Read 648 times)

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
Guylo Ren's Kylo TFA helmet (pic heavy)
« on: September 16, 2020, 07:37:12 AM »
Hey folks,this is a long-overdue post of  a long-completed project,purely for interest as many others have done these & achieved far better results.But as it was my first full costume prop build/mod,just wanted to share!
This helmet started life as the Black Series,& has had the Disney Store version face plate mod added- initially I wasn't gonna go this far,but after seeing mister Pittforce5 on YouTube do his full mod & makeover I felt inspired to follow his lead- I did mostly the same thing barring a bespoke part or two,so I won't bore you all with the build log.
But here's how it turned out,& here are some pics:

There's a general overview,here's a few weathering close-ups (apologies for any blur,my phone camera is distinctly average):

Here are a few shots of the internals.I went with the Velleman mk 171 for the voice changer (it's discreetly hidden under the black netting),& a lapel mic I  sourced from Ebay.Kept the stock speaker from the Black Series helmet in place.The padding is all various thicknesses of eva foam,& fitted so that I CAN still wear my glasses inside the helmet- boom!

Will close with a profile shot- I will probably do a v2 at some point (I bought spare helmets in preparation),as I'm not happy with where the mouthpiece plates sit accuracy-wise,& the eye slit mesh will be annoying 501st members (your work is all AMAZING!),but overall pretty happy with my first full Star Wars helmet mod.
Hope you've enjoyed!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:43:41 AM by Guylo Ren »

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
Re: Guylo Ren's Kylo TFA helmet (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 06:17:31 PM »
Looks great...nice job!

retrousse