fiduciary

Author Topic: *NEW* Exclusive Vader's Vault Combat Class FONTS  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
*NEW* Exclusive Vader's Vault Combat Class FONTS
« on: October 21, 2016, 11:42:28 AM »
Hello Saberfans,

I wanted to take some time to share with you something that I have been working on for the better part of two years now. Some of you may have noticed that my Imperial Knight font has been running on the standard issue package on all Vader’s Vault combat class sabers. I was inspired to make the font because of their incredible work bringing that saber to life from the comics, and so in addition to offering it on Saberfont.com, I shared it with them to use on their sabers.

That era has come to an end. The Imperial Knight font will no longer be made available through any source outside of Saberfont.com, and will be replaced with completely custom fonts for each model in the Combat Class lineup. Each font has been designed to match the saber it belongs to, and will ship as the default font going forward. These fonts are completely exclusive, so the only place to get them is on the specific Combat Class saber it belongs to.

I have attached demo videos for the fonts themselves below. Please excuse the amateurish video editing for now, new demo vids will be posted as I complete them. Let me know what you think, and MTFBWY!

"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline jedig

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: *NEW* Exclusive Vader's Vault Combat Class FONTS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 08:42:38 PM »
Are you designing fonts to go onto the flex and the hero? What fonts come with them ?

Offline Jyn-Toar

• No Force
  • I can fly anything...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:45:54 PM »
Those fonts are beautiful!  They've got just the perfect mix of unique and classic saber sounds to still feel like Star Wars while remaining individual and unique.
Run with perseverance the race marked out...

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 02:23:25 AM »
Those fonts sound great. I'm assuming there's no way for those of us who have recent versions of some of the sabers to get the fonts associated with them?

Offline Professor Huyang

• Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 08:44:39 AM »
Thanks guys.

To answer your questions, there will not be Flex or Hero versions, as those aren't unique VV creations, and there are more than enough screen accurate and inspired fonts for both of those sabers.

As for retroactive purchases, I don't know. They may decide to make them available at a future date, but they would have to figure out the logistics of that and see if it is worth the effort. The IK font was filling that role before these were released, so you still get a great font, even if it is not exclusive.

"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »
As for retroactive purchases, I don't know. They may decide to make them available at a future date, but they would have to figure out the logistics of that and see if it is worth the effort. The IK font was filling that role before these were released, so you still get a great font, even if it is not exclusive.

I assumed it probably wouldn't be possible as it's not as if VV aren't busy enough already. I'd be quite happy to pay the price of a font to help cover the hassle if it ever became a possibility though.

I have an Ardent Elite and a REVN Elite and particularly like the sound of your new font for the REVN, but they're all great work. IK is a great font, but doesn't really 'fit' on either of those unfortunately. It's not all bad news though as I have an Acolyte on order so at least I'll get the new font on that (which sounds fantastic too).  :grin:

Offline Professor Huyang

• Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 08:07:03 PM »
Oh yeah. Acolyte has proven very popular with the folks at the Vault.
―Huyang

Offline Shadow Cloud

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 05:36:18 AM »
Oh man I would love to have that Havoc on my Dark Havoc. I still have the receipt and am willing to pay for it.

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 06:08:01 AM »
From what i've heard, you did an outstanding job with these fonts! Bravo, my friend! :)

Offline Professor Huyang

• Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 10:09:10 AM »
From what i've heard, you did an outstanding job with these fonts! Bravo, my friend! :)

Thank you sir. Hi praise coming from you :)
―Huyang

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »
Great work on these man!! Awesome stuff!!!

Offline Professor Huyang

• Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 08:07:49 AM »
Thanks Man! Really happy with these so far! It's a big project, but I really can't seem to help myself, I know you understand ;)
―Huyang

retrousse