fiduciary

Author Topic: Alternation Ideas For Rubie's Supreme Darth Vader Costume  (Read 1836 times)

Offline DarkLord6

• No Force
  • Your Powers Are Weak!
Alternation Ideas For Rubie's Supreme Darth Vader Costume
« on: August 22, 2016, 01:20:42 PM »
Bought this costume this past March 2016, when it was on sale for around under $800. Already have a Rubie's Deluxe, but really wanted the Supreme when we got the money. So, I ordered the Extra Large Adult, same as the Deluxe one. The Deluxe jumpsuit fit me much better than the Supreme one does. When I got the Supreme, the chest on it is fine, but the crotch area and legs was too wide and the legs too long. Had alternations done on the crotch and shortened the legs, but have now found out that the cape is too long and the legs are too wide. If I would've got the Large, the chest area would have been pretty tight. Taking the jumpsuit and cape back to have alternations done on both legs to make them skinnier and take some off of the bottom of cape. Also, trying to figure out how to keep myself cool, while in the costume. I bought a Cooler Vest, but not sure if that will work. Read on this forum about putting some grommets on each side of the jumpsuit zipper.

Did anyone here have this costume and have to do alternations to it? What kind?

BTW, I didn't mention that I was 28 years old in 1977 when A New Hope came out. Yep, I'm now 67 years old and still going at it! My wife (68) has the Female Stormtrooper costume and looks great in it. Bought her the full-size helmet.

Any help with this costume would sure be appreciated.
Thanks! 

retrousse