fiduciary

Author Topic: British Princes Visit Ep. 8 - CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER CONFIRMED  (Read 3646 times)

Offline TheSaberCore

• Force User
  • Every saber has a core.
The United Kingdom Princes William and Harry recently visited the set of Episode 8 and played around with the actors and Rian Johnson. One photo in particular caught my eye though:

There's Prince Harry wielding the crossguard lightsaber prop! So Kylo Reb's lightsaber will return, which I am excited about. There is also a different shot of the table with a bunch of lightsaber props but I looked closely and couldn't see Luke's ROTJ saber or any new sabers on it, just Graflexes and crossguards. Still, I'm glad Kylo's lightsaber is returning.  :cheesy:
"Luke."

"The Belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead."

Offline xwingband

• Experienced Force User
Re: British Princes Visit Ep. 8 - CROSSGUARD LIGHTSABER CONFIRMED
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 10:46:12 AM »
Training remote though! :wink: So will Luke piggyback Rey???

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 11:16:36 AM »
Does this really confirm it? Or could it just be that they have the props from TFA there? There was also a picture of a Rey mannequin in the scavenger costume.

Or... Maybe it's there for flashback/force vision stuff.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:19:00 AM by Darth Chasm »

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 12:07:50 PM »
Well I'm not really surprised that the Stupidsaber (tm) will return, I just hope their might be an even newer Smartsaber ;) design to compensate. But IF there will be a new saber I'm not surprised if it wasn't there, and even if they plan to bring back the ROTJ [whether in Hero, V2, V3, Yuma or other trim] I'd expect they would keep that a closely guarded secret too. Therefore I don't think this should be considered definitive that only Graflexes and Stupidsaber (tm) will appear in Ep. VIII.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline NanoRex

• No Force
  • "But now, we must eat! Come!"
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »
I don't see any reason why the crossguard lightsaber would reappear in episode 8. It was destroyed in TFA, and it doesn't make sense to me that Kylo Ren would build the exact same lightsaber again, especially now that he is "completing his training"

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 01:28:13 PM »
One dude standing in the background is holding what appears to be a remote control. It seems that movie sabers are likely activated remotely.

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 11:18:56 PM »
Well they did have a lot of unused props from the archives when making the prequels, so it may or may not show up again.  The behind the scenes from the Target exclusive TFA release showed a Luke ROTJ Hero variant. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Kylo Ren's cross guard saber showed up in Episode 8.  I mean Obi-Wan's saber from TPM showed up again in AOTC.

Only us die hard fans and lightsaber enthusiasts care about that sort of thing.  Ren could have picked it up before being rescued by Hux, or Hux could have grabbed it and got them off Starkiller base before it blew up. 

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 04:33:11 PM »
Well someone somehow [and a lot more dubiously imo] recovered Luke's Graflex from the very center of Bespin [gravitationally necessary since there is no solid surface to land on but which should have utterly destroyed it seeing as a gas giant's center crushes carbon atoms together into diamond - there are diamonds the size of mountains inside Jupiter Saturn et al but fuggedaboud pulling one out lol] so someone recovering the Stupidsaber (tm) from the events of TFA seems not nearly as unlikely.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 07:21:06 AM »
haha this is so sick!!!! cant wait! i really dont think well the lukes ROTJ saber even do i really really really want to
http://

retrousse