fiduciary

Author Topic: Saber Mock-Up  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Adan Valera

• No Force
Saber Mock-Up
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »
Recently I decided that if I were going to get a saber that I would surely be getting it through Vader's Vault and that I was going to 'go big or go home'. After months of researching other sabersmiths and their work I drew up a rough design that I would really like to see come to life. The saber is based on a previous build that the folks at Vader's Vault did called "Modi" with a few minor changes. Firstly I got rid of the control box and the LEDs on the hilt of the saber as well as the holes in the emitter. I added the three small screws in the hilt, added a large screw on the back of the emitter and changed up the lines a bit. I also want to give some creative control to the folks at Vader's Vault to ensure that this saber isn't a direct copy of "Modi".

Again, this is just a rough sketch and I'm sure there will be changes made along the way.

There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side. There is only The Force.

Offline adegon

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Saber Mock-Up
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:43:04 AM »
Looks great man! Just a word of warning when you go to their website to commission it: Last I heard, they are not taking commissions through their website due to website issues.

You will need to contact them through email, and most importantly, be willing to wait *clears throat* five years.  :cool:

Offline Adan Valera

• No Force
Re: Saber Mock-Up
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 12:48:14 AM »
Looks great man! Just a word of warning when you go to their website to commission it: Last I heard, they are not taking commissions through their website due to website issues.

You will need to contact them through email, and most importantly, be willing to wait *clears throat* five years.  :cool:

Haha, I've heard that the lead time is quite a while, but that's not a problem. Thank you very much for your input. As a new member and novice to the world of sabering, I really appreciate it.  :smiley:
There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side. There is only The Force.

retrousse