fiduciary

Author Topic: Default sound fonts (Combat class)  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Apex

• No Force
  • ᶜᵒᶫᵈ⁻ʷᵉᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ᵗʸʳᵃᶰᵗ
Default sound fonts (Combat class)
« on: February 22, 2016, 07:02:39 AM »
So I know the CS V.3 has Graymeat, Darkmeat, and Imperial Knight sound fonts, but I'm not able to find samples of what these sound like anywhere (looked on SaberFonts but was unable to see them, unless I'm totally blind and skipping something over!)

Does anyone know of a sampling of these fonts? I'd love to hear what they're like. I've asked the kind folks at VV to pre-install a few additional fonts I purchased for me, but I'd love to know what these sound like as well!

(On week 9 of 14-16, I'm super obsessed!)

Offline highflyer

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Default sound fonts (Combat class)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:58:49 AM »
just check out the vaders vault youtube channel. almost all the introduction videos for the combat class sabers feature one or more of the three fonts.

Offline Apex

• No Force
  • ᶜᵒᶫᵈ⁻ʷᵉᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ᵗʸʳᵃᶰᵗ
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 08:26:47 AM »
just check out the vaders vault youtube channel. almost all the introduction videos for the combat class sabers feature one or more of the three fonts.

Ah, fair enough. It'd be cool to have one of the preview-type videos like there are for the premium, purchasable sound fonts, so I can hear the individual sounds clearly. I'll give this a shot too, though!

Offline whippet

• Force User
  • Get 'em Chewie
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
Can't remember the thread where this was mentioned, but can i get a confirmation if i purchase a sound-font and send confirmation to A/D before shipping, they will include it in addition to the base 3?

Looking @ pitch black right now

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 12:43:49 PM »
Here is the demo for the IK font I made.

Imperial Knight - by Saber Baron - YouTube
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline highflyer

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 02:22:40 PM »
Can't remember the thread where this was mentioned, but can i get a confirmation if i purchase a sound-font and send confirmation to A/D before shipping, they will include it in addition to the base 3?

I highly recommend getting a micro SD card reader for like 5$ and changing the fonts yourself. it is incredibly easy with the way the VV chassis is set up.

Offline whippet

• Force User
  • Get 'em Chewie
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 04:51:51 PM »

I highly recommend getting a micro SD card reader for like 5$ and changing the fonts yourself. it is incredibly easy with the way the VV chassis is set up.

yea you're probably right - I would just like the out of box convenience since I want that to be my default.

Offline Apex

• No Force
  • ᶜᵒᶫᵈ⁻ʷᵉᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ᵗʸʳᵃᶰᵗ
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 07:40:12 AM »

Yup! That's what I've done. You send them your order confirmation # from SaberFonts, and they can get those downloaded and added to your saber for you.

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »
One thing to bear in mind is that modern fonts have more sounds than the CS card will play. This doesn't really matter - the card will just play the sounds it can (i.e. it's safe to throw them all on there) - however one thing you can do is select which sound you want as a blaster block. Most fonts have 4 blaster block sounds, but the CS will only play the first one - so if you load the font on yourself you can choose which one you want to go on there rather than just taking the defaul first one. Similarly for the poweron/off sounds there are frequently multiple ones but the CS can only do one poweron and one poweroff, and whilst the default is often the best, there are some fonts where I prefer one of the alternates on a CS saber.

Also whilst on the subject one thing to always remember is that when making any modifications to the sound files it is vital you reformat the SD card and put all the files on from scratch. Editing the config files in place on the SD card is fine, but doing anything to the soundfiles (like switching the filenames around) can cause the card to act erratically.

Offline adegon

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 08:27:25 PM »
One thing to bear in mind is that modern fonts have more sounds than the CS card will play.

This is true, but I noticed some people do not understand the details of this, so maybe I can help clear that up:

As of the Crystal Shard v2.5, it is capable of utilizing 16 swing sounds and 16 clash sounds, just like the Crystal Focus 7 sound fonts provide. However, when it comes to the blaster block sounds, lock up sounds, and ignition/retraction sounds, the Crystal Shard v3 uses 1 of each of these. The Crystal Shard v3 **I think** is not capable of using force push/motion sequence sounds.

Offline Ziathon

• No Force
  • Truly wonderful the mind of a child is. - Yoda
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 09:39:42 AM »
Thanks for the heads up that I could shoot them a message asking to have the purchased font added to the saber before it ships.  I bought the force awakens - the dark side by lord blako a month or so ago getting ready for my saber.  Sent them a message yesterday and they already responded saying that it would be added and made the default.  Sweet! Thanks again.

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
You will not be dissapointed with that font on any saber - LordBlako's TFA font is amazing  :smiley:

Offline Ziathon

• No Force
  • Truly wonderful the mind of a child is. - Yoda
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
I emailed VV about it before getting it asking for any other suggestions that I may have missed.  They like it also.  I wanted something that sounded unrefined and dark.  That font definitely does the trick!

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 07:08:37 AM »
I emailed VV about it before getting it asking for any other suggestions that I may have missed.  They like it also.  I wanted something that sounded unrefined and dark.  That font definitely does the trick!

FYI I just re-edited and posted something where I picked out some of my favourite sound fonts in case it 's of any use to you:

Favourite sound fonts

Offline Apex

• No Force
  • ᶜᵒᶫᵈ⁻ʷᵉᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ᵗʸʳᵃᶰᵗ
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
You will not be dissapointed with that font on any saber - LordBlako's TFA font is amazing  :smiley:

I bought this one too. I heard the preview and decided it would be an awesome addition!!

retrousse