fiduciary

Author Topic: Hybrid MHS Obi with real brass and copper thin neck...run interest posted page 3  (Read 21803 times)

Offline Master Finariel

• Force User
I'm in for a ROTS-esque (clamp card and....6 groove? Transistor and copper pin.) I've got plenty for the first deposit, I'll sell my Bane for the rest cause I can't miss this opportunity. Obi ROTS is my favorite movie saber, and the only movie saber I really want to own.  :shy:

Anyone in need of an LDM bane shoot me a PM lol
"Loss of time brings least pleasure to the wise."

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
I got in touch with PJ and ordered some Obi ROTS cards for the clamp.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

COOL!  As posted, I'm IN.   Michael, how's the sound resonance on these going to be? I realize it's a tight internal space, but will these have decent volume?

Thanks again!

Check out the video.  It is very loud.  There is actually plenty of room in there (this one had a CF7, CEx plus 2x18650s) and the metal speaker cans I make work great. 

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
 You can choose if you want 2 transistors on the side, no transistors or one transistor and one copper stud (but no gear on the side since I do not want to fool with those).
[/quote]

I think I've seen someone sell the gear greeblie on ebay or shapeways for pretty cheap. I think I've even seen it sold with a 2.1 kill key attachment.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
You can choose if you want 2 transistors on the side, no transistors or one transistor and one copper stud (but no gear on the side since I do not want to fool with those).

I think I've seen someone sell the gear greeblie on ebay or shapeways for pretty cheap. I think I've even seen it sold with a 2.1 kill key attachment.
[/quote]

If someone has a metal one already ready go go (not the hardened steel gear like I have used before) I will consider it but I am not interested in using plastic on it.

Offline ZeroSpeed

• Experienced Force User
  • Collector of Lightsabers
Highly interested!

no saber,no life

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User

Check out the video.  It is very loud.  There is actually plenty of room in there (this one had a CF7, CEx plus 2x18650s) and the metal speaker cans I make work great.
[/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just did, this thing is Loud! I'm also glad that the led sits fairly high up in the emitter, allowing for alot of light, so this will also be very bright, especially for such a thin necked hilt!

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just did, this thing is Loud! I'm also glad that the led sits fairly high up in the emitter, allowing for alot of light, so this will also be very bright, especially for such a thin necked hilt!
[/quote]

The CS will not be as loud since its only 3.3V as opposed to the 5V of the CF but at least you can see how it compares to other CFs etc.  It will still be plenty loud.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Thanks Michael. I assume a PC 3 would be comparable in volume to the CF then?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Thanks Michael. I assume a PC 3 would be comparable in volume to the CF then?
PC3 and CF are the same volume but you should not be concerned with volume of the CS.  It will be plenty loud...just a tick lower.

Offline riverr02

• No Force
As the proud owner of the saber you see in the video, I can assure folks they will not be disappointed in this saber.  It's every bit as good as it is in the pics/video, the quality is fantastic, and Michael's fabulous to work with.

I'd recommend snapping up the remaining few if you're even remotely considering it- it's truly excellent.

R

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User

[/quote]PC3 and CF are the same volume but you should not be concerned with volume of the CS.  It will be plenty loud...just a tick lower.
[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, thanks again! I'll have to see what the $ difference is between the CS2 vs PC3, but it seems the CS2 will be fine!

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Official sign up is posted.  I am posting this here in case anyone has notification of replies to this thread.

Official custom Obi Hybrid saber run sign up thread.

retrousse