fiduciary

Author Topic: The Jedi Council's Greatest Sin *SPOILER ALERT*  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
The Jedi Council's Greatest Sin *SPOILER ALERT*
« on: October 20, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »
*SPOILER ALERT*
For anyone who still plans to see season five, this thread contains spoilers.

Lets face it. The producers had to find a way to get rid of Ahsoka. She is not in the Original Trilogy, so they needed a way to explain her absence. They really only had two options, either Ahsoka dies or she leaves the Jedi Order. Thankfully they didn't kill her off :D However, the plot they developed and the reasons behind Ahoska deciding to willingly leave the order call for some interesting contemplation.

The movie, Star Wars The Cone Wars (takes place chronologically before season one), provides the story behind Ahsoka being assigned as Anakin's padawan. Though it is said that she was originally meant for Obi-Wan, it is implied that she was intended for Anakin all along.

Consider the position of the Jedi Council. There is strong evidence to support the speculation that Anakin is the chosen one. From the very beginning, they sensed fear in Anakin, and they had much to lose if Anakin turned to the dark side. Can we honestly think that the council would leave anything up to chance with him? I think not. Every single mission and circumstance that Anakin was ever in was organized by the Jedi Council, including his mentorship of Ahsoka. Yoda himself said, in regard to Anakin, "Ready he is to teach an apprentice. To let go of his pupil, a greater challenge it will be. Master this, Skywalker must." He didn't say that Ahsoka would lose Anakin, but the other way around. Ahsoka is obiously younger than Anakin, so logically, Yoda meant that Ahsoka would die.

My theory is that the council purposely planned the extermination of Ahsoka. Ahsoka was a pawn, simply another lesson that Anakin had to be taught (the sense of loss, the pain that emotional attachment can bring). They knew that she was very much like Anakin, and that if she were framed for crimes against the republic, she would stop at nothing to redeem herself. She would try to escape custody, and would eventually be either killed, convicted, or expelled from the order. I would not go as far as to say that the Jedi council pre-planned the bombing of the Jedi temple. But it was the perfect opportunity they had been looking for to get rid of Ahsoka. They purposefully assigned Anakin and Ahoska to investigate the bombing.They manipulated Barriss Offee to bring about their master plan for Anakin. But something happened that they did not expect: Anakin proved Ahsoka's innocence. Just when they thought that their plan had failed, Ahsoka decided to leave the Jedi order. And she was right in her decision. She realized that the council had no trust for its members, so she could not put her faith in them anymore. Throughout season 5, she repeatedly expresses her doubt as to the morality and wisdom of the clone wars. She begins to realize that the council is using her, and she was wise to leave when she did. Too bad that Anakin hadn't realized that the council was also using him. Maybe then he could have avoided the later horrors that came to place in his life. But Ahsoka did not try to convince him. It is implied in the end of the last episode that she knew of Anakin's involvement with Padme. But she also realized that Anakin would have to come to his own conclusions about the Jedi and their purpose

In conclusion, this is purely my speculation :D
Nobody get mad please lol, I like to think of alternate meanings to Star Wars scenarious.
Plus, I am majorly biased towards Ahsoka, since she is my favorite character and I relate to her so much.
It made me so mad when Mace Windu said that Ahsoka's fight for survival and redemption was "actually her Jedi trial". That is complete bull. Excuses. grrrrr :D lol

Finally, any other theories out there?
Any other reasons why the council would so readily accuse one of it's own?
Would love to hear new perspectives!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:23:38 PM by Asoka Tano »
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Knight50

Re: The Jedi Council's Greatest Sin *SPOILER ALERT*
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:14:50 PM »
Not to worry, this is your opinion on things. I did up a story that I published over on DA, and in that piece, she's killed during the Clone Wars. Things like this are
going to be open to people's interpretation and how they perceive it as such. I've also seen that Mace might have been a deep cover Sith who helped bring about the
War, that sounds pretty good in my book. I think she did have an inkling about Anakin and Padme, but she kept it to herself until the end. I'm sure she wasn't the only Jedi
to express her distaste for the war. If Barriss Offee was manipulated, then how did Master Luminara not find out and stop her? she was still her padawan, I believe.

I can agree with your one statement about Mace's statement about Ahsoka's fight and redemption being her "trial" and such, there's a little more to it than that.
Maybe they thought because she had worked with Ventress, that she couldn't be trusted. My major beef with the final story was how they totally re-worked Barriss, that was
total garbage in my eyes.

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
Re: The Jedi Council's Greatest Sin *SPOILER ALERT*
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! :D

If Barriss Offee was manipulated, then how did Master Luminara not find out and stop her? she was still her padawan, I believe.

Good point. Though I don't remember seeing Luminara in the entirety of season five. She could have been away on a lengthy assignment. I mean, when Anakin went off the deep end, he took everyone completely by surprise (besides palpatine, of course).

My major beef with the final story was how they totally re-worked Barriss, that was
total garbage in my eyes.

I agree. I like Barriss better on the good side. She just seemed really gentle and quite in previous seasons.
The anger and aggression came out of nowhere.
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

retrousse