fiduciary

Author Topic: New Luke ROTJ '05 review + pics, by Hang Tuah Kenobi  (Read 11476 times)

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
New Luke ROTJ '05 review + pics, by Hang Tuah Kenobi
« on: May 20, 2006, 08:47:14 AM »
Hello fellow Jedi Knights and Sith Lords..
again, please xcuse my english, as long as we understand each other, it should b fine.

I feel like a 10 year old kid again.. :)

Its night here at 11pm and i made it to the shop just minutes before it closes its doors. The saber was the last Luke the seller got in his store, so am i the lucky one or what? So without wasting anymore time, i made the purchase quickly and the best thing is, since he was also busy he forgot to take out his 6 brand new Energiser batteries from the saber.. haha.. im feeling a little guilt but c'mon he can afford another pack of them anytime..
The box is still in my car, im gonna wait until tomorrow when everything is fresh in the morning.. and hopefully my wife's mood is fresh too n doesnt complain much when she sees another saber in the house.

First impression =
The saber is really light, im so used at handling my Anakin fx, the difference is obvious. The hilt however is neatly done, altho looks a bit toyish. Even with 6 batteries inside, the hilt is still very light and this makes the saber ideal or spinning. The blade is really bright, but perhaps i ecpected too much from it, it doesn twonder me at all n i was like, a bit frustrated i thought the light would be super bright as some members had mentioned before, but to me, its normal..but still, its brighter than the Anakin. i didnt do blind seeing it ignited in a totally dark room..
The blade is clean with no marks. My Anakin has some scratches on the blade the first time the box was opened, so i was upset, could any of MR staff played around with the saber before stuffing it inside the box?
But this time, the blade is as good as new.

Sound. Okay, some ppl claim this saber is the loudest of em all. I compard it with my Anakin, and the sound is on par with the Anakin, maybe a tad louder but i could be mistaken. One moment i thought the Anakin was louder n seconds later the Luke was louder. But as long as both r louder than my 2nd Gen Vader ANH, im impressed..
The hum is bassy n the clashes r fine indeed. The clash sensor is working okay, a bit more sensitive than my Anakin but still less sensitive than my Vader ANH. The motion sensors however let me down. They r not precise with my swinging, so in this area, my Anakin wins big time.

the FOrce is strong with this Luke FX. The weight, the brightness.. i can see i will play more with this saber than my other fxs.

PS: Many thanks to the reviews here, specially the ones from Miss Aayla Secura and Mr Anakin SKywalker.

Hang Tuah Kenobi.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 09:51:20 PM by Hang Tuah Kenobi »

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
Re: I just got my Luke rotj fx!! by Hang Tuah..
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 12:28:14 PM »
Congrats Hang Tuah ;D I may be getting this saber soon

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 02:15:42 PM »
Awesome...Congrats on finally getting the only green-bladed FFX out there!

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »
Alright Hang Tuah Kenobi I'm glad for you. I personally like the Luke ROTJ for dueling since it's one of the lightest FX sabers out there. Have fun and spin that saber around.  8)

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 10:34:43 PM »
Thanks guys and hey, Dark Skywalker! Go and get this awesome saber soon, after spending more hours later with the saber, i really fall in love with it. I didnt get the same excitement with the Anakin rots. This saber is totally the saber im gonna play with the most..

i will edit the review n add some pics..

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 03:04:58 AM »
Congrats hang tuah!!! This is my Fav' saber too!;)

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 09:42:37 PM »
Thanks Louis, u have 2 Luke ROTJs in your collection? thats cool..

So far, my wife didnt say anything against it. My son still prefers the blue Anakin.
Okay, about the sound = The Luke ROTJ is proven to be louder than the Anakin.

brightness comparison, Luke ROTJ vs Anakin ROTS =

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
Re: New Luke ROTJ '05 review + pics, by Hang Tuah Kenobi
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »
I always thought the Anakin and the Luke were about the same in loudness
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 11:37:20 PM »
..Okay, have discussed with my wife, i wont be having another FX for these coming a few months since we r expecting a new baby soon on October, and we need the cash for who knows what extra cost would arise later.. anyway, my next saber would be either Maul or Obi-Wan, so no need to rush..

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 11:46:26 PM »
Sifo Dyas, i thought of the same thing at first, but later after hearing both sounds in many diff situations, and i captured the sounds to my computer n compared the wave meter from both files (im not a sound engineer btw so i could b wrong here) i came to the conclusion that my Luke ROTJ is louder than my Anakin.. The difference isnt much but its there..

..and, im such a lucky guy this week, forgot to mntion that i got no blotchy blade too!

All these make me love my Luke fx more. Definitly my fave saber so far (wait til i got the ObiWan fx..)

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 11:54:37 PM »
Hang tuah: In fact, I have the 2003 EL version and and the 2005 LED Version;)

You can see the differences right there:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3263.0

And I agree with you, the reviews we can find here are really great to make yourself an idea before getting a new lightsaber;)

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 04:01:30 AM »
Pheww..i cant speak highly enuff about this saber.. I just watched ROTJ again, this time only the duel scenes. Altho known as one of the sabers which dont come close to its screen version, the overall experience of playing with this saber is second to none for me. U can see tht im so happy now, i could drag about this whole day n night..

i could stare at this whole night long... im addicted to the brightness.. dang, i know im gonna get a Hyperdyne blade someday.. seeing one as bright as the sun, u know ull want one.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:37:28 PM by Hang Tuah Kenobi »

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 07:51:59 AM »
congratz on your new saber!
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Hang Tuah Kenobi

• Experienced Force User
  • play nice with me
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 09:36:08 AM »
Thanks Darth.. err.. youre a Jedi now, Master Knucle? lol... welcome to the light side

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 05:50:28 PM »
I just noticed the name too :D, you may need to change the name on your sig though j/k

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse