fiduciary

Author Topic: Vader's Vault Starkiller™ second run deposit thread  (Read 59670 times)

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
Re: Vader's Vault Starkiller second run deposit thread
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »
Just letting you know nightstorm. It'd suck buying it and thinking that starkiller used the same saber the entire time when he didnt. I was thinking cyan myself just because i love the colour. I still say go for it! It will be one of a kind.

Apparently the book is more canon than the game and in a way it is. I recomend that everyone reads it because it adds so much more depth to all the characters. Like, the costume starkiller uses after he lets all xxx break loose after he breaks free from the lab is actually the black caped hooded sith robe you find on raxus prime with kota's green lightsaber. That explains all the action figures.
i would really love to see a cyan btu i'll be sticking with red to keep it canon. im playing it safe.

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 10:07:52 PM »
Thanks for the info,  I will have to read it.  :)

Offline White.haired.one90

• Force User
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 11:20:21 PM »
Game wise, the "canon" colors are red initially, and then blue, as far as is indicated, Starkiller's lightsaber is a single-crystal build, but in the novel, it is indicated that Kota's lightsaber is used by Starkiller after he is supposedly "killed" by Vader, with his father's blue adegan crystal. In this respect, two "canon" sources conflict, but I personally have always accepted the game as canon, where starkiller's lightsaber is in his posession until the end of the game. Canon-wise, the Dark apprentice is currently in posession of the original starkiller lightsaber, with a red synthetic crystal. Let's not forget, starkiller is deceased, and his only perfect clone was the dark apprentice as seen in the unlockable cutscenes from TFU II. Who knows, the clone who acts as the main protagonist in TFU II could always end up being the ACTUAL Galen Marek.

Who knows, a lot of facts regarding the force unleashed storyline are unclear until TFU III. Regardless, this is a wicked saber, and any who missed the first run should get in on it while they can. P.s. Include names in your paypal deposits :)

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 05:25:02 AM »
In playing through TFUII, the gist I got was that the main character ends up being the actual Galen, where as the Sith ending reveals the perfect clone. I hadn't heard anything about TFUIII, has anything been announced?

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 06:25:09 AM »
Nope, nothing... the sith ending makes you wonder if that clone made it onto their ship and is going to break vader out.  I almost died when leia had luke's rotj saber in the dlc.  Indeed, when starkiller is killed by vader in the presence of the emperor, his lightsaber is lost, and he finds rham kota's lightsaber and uses that, though he could never really calibrate it.  Never read the book.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 06:28:58 AM by Alex Gordon »

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 06:26:06 AM »
How very strange and awesome. The very day the starkiller run is up and running, I receive the TFU novel in the mail :) can't wait to start reading this.

Offline MACE WINDU

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 06:28:45 AM »
Nothing "official".  Last I heard it was still likely to happen and that they still had plenty of time line to tie things together prior to A New Hope.  I really hope they make it.  

And IMHO I too consider that what was in the game to be "canon".  Even if a novelization conflicts with it.  Novels are often written without much consideration for realism or other factors.  I could cite an example of a book I once read, don't recall the title, that stated and gave very clear examples of the fact that Klingons cannot see the color red, that their visual spectrum extended above red and into the UV.  Yet in the movies and shows, most Klingon ships had red lighting.  

Of course there are conflicts even there, such as the sabers that Vader gives "the clone" in TFU2 look suspicously like the TFU I saber don't they?  And the sabers used in the trailers for TFU2 look, in my opinion, way nicer than the actual ones used in the game.  /Shrug  there's no right and no wrong, just people who make awesome sabers for us and us lucky folks that get to own them.  :)

Know back to the color agonization....*blue w/ blue clash....cyan w/ orange clash......Purple w/ white clash*  /sigh  At least its a GOOD problem to have.

Offline Force Maverick

• Force User
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
Personally I think that what you see in-game is the 'Canon' because the book has "Based on the the thrilling new game" written on the cover, as well as being written by a different writer not one from the LucasArts team that wrote the game. Also in the game when Starkiller finds Kota in the bar on Bespin he has the Starkiller blade on his belt. So in my opinion the 'Canon' colours are Red and Blue with this runs saber being the 'Canon' hilt.

And I also agree with Nightstorn about the colour agonization. Hmmm what to choose...  :-\
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:37:26 AM by Force Maverick »

Offline EXAR KUN

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
I think the color choices are so great.

VV has done something unprecedented.
I've never seen another run of sabers with so many color choices.
It's amazing all the different variations that you can get from these LED's,
and the tuning that must come with finding the variants such as the viridian or cyan.  :D

The different color FOC that can be achieved on top of the main blade color is
another detail that you must consider!

Offline MACE WINDU

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 01:46:57 PM »
Yea I just recently got a Quinlan Vos with an RGGB in it with GG for the main the RB for the FoC.  Its totally awesome.  The clash is puplish for just a split second and then white green/white.  You have to see it to appreciate it.  Now green isn't likely going to be a color anyone will choose on this, but you get the idea, and you never know.  This would look good in ANY color.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:49:24 PM by Nightstorm »

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 02:12:57 PM »
I can appreciate the color choices, but for this baby I'll take canon red RRRR in VV Full Powah (TM)  ;D

Offline Aginor

• Formerly known as Sidewinder
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 07:00:40 PM »
Paid

Offline dave kufner

• No Force
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »
So where do we post what we want?

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 07:25:38 PM »
Here is fine if you wish 8)

Offline dave kufner

• No Force
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »
30" Vader's Vault blade, medium weathering option,  Red FoC. 

retrousse