fiduciary

Author Topic: Question for the NYC Jedi and Sith  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Amanita

• Force User
Question for the NYC Jedi and Sith
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »
I'm planning to visit NYC later this year, and I'm hoping to meet up with a friend down there. If we can pull off a meetup, I was considering bringing a couple of my sabers to teach her some saber-spinning. Depending on time, and room in the suitcase, I was also considering bringing my Jedi robes, and getting some pics of myself in full Jedi regalia around some NYC tourist spots, like on the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade.

Would lightsaber spinning in a public park be problematic, from a legal standpoint? Of course, I understand common sense measures such as staying away from pathways and traffic areas, and finding a spot away from other people, where we can spin all we want and not worry about hitting anyone.
Here at home, the police don't seem too worried about lightsabers- they're generally considered toys. But things might be different in NY, so I figured I should ask.

Offline gallowglas

• No Force
Re: Question for the NYC Jedi and Sith
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:16:20 PM »
Check out http://newyorkjedi.com/ 

They practice often at a park thought they do so at rehearsal studios.

They were very careful when I was their to make sure the park practice was not "sparring" but "lightsaber choreagraphy".

They are a fine and friendly group.

Offline Zephyr37

• Force User
Re: Question for the NYC Jedi and Sith
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
I live in NYC and places you mentioned to do spins is no problem. There are far "stranger/weirder" things that happen at the park where people don't even blink an eye about. You will be fine with spinning.....

retrousse