fiduciary

Author Topic: New Year, New wishes - Now a Contest!!!  (Read 8054 times)

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: New Year, New wishes
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2010, 11:50:17 PM »
Happy New Year everyone!

I typically don't make resolutions because I usually don't follow through. BUT, I usually do have goals I like to set forth in my head and work towards. This year I'd like to really get ahold of pursuing the dreams I wish to make come into fruition. I know things don't just happen, and I know I'll have to work very hard toward achieving what I want. But I'm ready to do that. :)

Lose 15 lbs

Be a kinder, gentler wookie

Stop leaving droid arms all over the place.

Let "the other person" win every now and then

stop thinking with my stomach

Actually put more than 30 seconds of thought while naming Barris Offee's next saber

Stop sending Obi-Wan Kenobi pictures of creepy animals.

I think that about covers it.

Hahahaha!  ;D
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Paul Lanski

• Master Force User
  • facebook.com/adrigraphics
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 11:12:29 AM »
for 2010 my goals are:

- get MORE lightsabers
- get COOLER lightsabers

and that's about it  ;D

Well, during my life I haven't seen a new years eve like this one, not ever. There were hardly any fireworks in the sky, just some kids outdoor, but honestly this was the most quiet new years ever so far. I believe the shooting accident in here Finland by this crazy guy Ibrahim was the reason. He went and shot lots of people in the grocery store. So the moods were down and people wanted to remember to victims with silent time during new years eve  :'(.

yeah I heard about what happened in Finland already this year.. It's devastating... There's been a lot of it on the news here in Belgium..
My father told me that there was a train that drove into a hotel or something??? and then the guy who shot his ex girlfriend an collegues..  :-\

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 12:17:56 PM »
Yes, the New Year is days old.  Hopefully we've recovered from our hangovers, our snow piles, our noisy neighbors.  We should just go on with the the business of letting 2010 develop into its own potential, without smothering it like the stage mothers I see on Little Miss Perfect *shudder*, but I have one thing that I'm sure I gave to everyone last year, but still holds the test of time. 

Neil Gaiman wishes for everyone:

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness.  I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art - write ordraw or build or sing or live as only you can.  And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

So I plan on visiting this thread during the year, to see how I'm coming along with my resolutions, and I hope that others do too.  I want others to so badly that I'm willing to bribe y'all and make a contest out of it.  Everyone who wishes to participate has until the end of the month to PM me and/or post their official New Year's resolution entry here.  Here's the deal:

WHAT TO DO:

I will need 2 PMs/entries from each contestant: The PM stating what you want to do and how you want to do it. and the PM stating how you ended up actually accomplishing said goal.

Choose at least one resolution that you can objectively, quantifiably do.  If you want to lose 10lbs, if you want to quit smoking for 3 months, if you want to finish that novel that's been lurking in the back of your mind since junior high.  Entries such as being a kinder, gentler wookie are not such good choices.

So that we don't lose interest, or totally forget about it all together, all resolutions must be accomplished and the PMs sent by May 31, 2010.

The Criteria
each entry will be judged on attainability - don't make it so easy to do that it takes no effort at all, but don't shoot yourself in the foot either. creativity just what lengths did you go to for the resolution, and effectiveness how long did the resolution last.  Brownie points will be given for any backstory given for the reason why you chose such a resolution.

This will be on the honor system (I'm not coming over to actually peer at your scale, or check your garbage for empty cigarette boxes) but I am a cynical old broad, so you're going to have to make your second PM to me convincing.

What you win
A Gemini Concepts saber with sound.  A freaky deaky cool one.  Don't ask them what it will look like, I haven't commissioned it yet.  Once I get it in my hot little hands (let's face it, they have 6 months to build it) I will post pictures of it, and possibly a video of the sound and stuff.

So, whaddya say?  Any takers?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:20:48 PM by BARRISS OFFEE »

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
Re: New Year, New wishes - Now a Contest!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 01:12:45 PM »
Cool contest, my only real resolutions were to get 1 more lightsaber for me, and to eat home cooked meals and no fast food...

The family went to Carl's Junior when I got off of work on new years day...

Well hopefully I get a really cool lightsaber this year :)

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Paul Lanski

• Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 02:41:05 PM »
Well, I'd love to compete, but is someone willing to translate the criteria in a more simple English, because my English isn't that
good...  :(

greetings

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
Paul:  think of a new year's resolution that can be accomplished in 6 months.write 2 emails to me, or post them on this thread:
1 - before the end of January telling what New year's resolution you would like to accomplish, how you want to do this, and for how long.
2 - before the end of May telling how you were able to accomplish what you told us about in the first email.

the judging will be based on how doable the resolution is, how creative you were in accomplishing this, and how effective you were.  Extra points awarded for a backstory on why you chose this resolution.

The prize is a Gemini Concepts stunt with sound.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this!

Nartules, if your new year's resolution is to get a saber, and you can accomplish that before june, no reason why that can't be an entry.  No reason why you can't think up an entry on the spot to win a saber either!

I did mention the Gemini Concepts saber didn't I?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 02:56:41 PM by BARRISS OFFEE »

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline Paul Lanski

• Master Force User
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 02:55:17 PM »
Thanks Barriss!!  :) Everything's clear now!

Offline Master Durangus

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Graphics Designer
    • Durangus Designs on IRA
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »
Very generous of you Barriss ;). And I'm definitely interested. This is a great idea and I hope to see many people participate it, as I will myself.

-Graphic Designer (See Bottom Link)-

The Forgotten Jedi....
-Alexander Durangus-

MD's Digital Porfolio

Offline Dearth Breather

• "The Pat Pat Guy"
  • Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »

if you want to finish that novel that's been lurking in the back of your mind since junior high. 

So, whaddya say?  Any takers?

Someone here is psychic.  :o

I didn't get an official entry in for xwingband's contest, so count me in for this one.  ;D 

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »
well hello, ...whats goin on in here?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Paul:  think of a new year's resolution that can be accomplished in 6 months.write 2 emails to me, or post them on this thread:
1 - before the end of January telling what New year's resolution you would like to accomplish, how you want to do this, and for how long.
2 - before the end of May telling how you were able to accomplish what you told us about in the first email.

the judging will be based on how doable the resolution is, how creative you were in accomplishing this, and how effective you were.  Extra points awarded for a backstory on why you chose this resolution.

The prize is a Gemini Concepts stunt with sound.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this!

Nartules, if your new year's resolution is to get a saber, and you can accomplish that before june, no reason why that can't be an entry.  No reason why you can't think up an entry on the spot to win a saber either!

I did mention the Gemini Concepts saber didn't I?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:39:59 PM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »
Didn't I mention this? No?  I think we need to chat then Chewie...

BTW, how'd you get a picture of my cat?

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »
Didn't I mention this? No?  I think we need to chat then Chewie...

LOL, ...first I hear of it. Good idea though, this could be fun.

BTW, how'd you get a picture of my cat?

I have my ways.  ;)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
Stop sending Obi-Wan Kenobi pictures of creepy animals.

LOL!!! 

Ahh yes, my PM box has seen many a strange animal indeed.  They're quite amusing, actually.  :)

Got any species from Kashyyk?

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »

Just this one:

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 10:35:03 PM »
Just this one:
Awww...it's a baby Wookie...so cute! :D

Hey Barriss...only six months? How about 8?
Also...if it has sound, I don't think it can be called a "stunt" saber. ;)

retrousse