fiduciary

Author Topic: OR/WA dueling get together!  (Read 11056 times)

Offline saber_smith_kuhns

• Padawan Learner
OR/WA dueling get together!
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:20:33 PM »
okay we got a decent amount of people in the OR/WA area. enough that i think we could do a dueling meet up.

i am looking at this seriously. if you are honestly into doing something like this let me know. i dont want a bunch of "oh yeah ill go" then i get a date and no one replies.

if you are interested in coming and dueling or just getting together and talking about sabers, watching others duel, or shooting video and pics of us dueling or learning to duel a bit (not a teaching get together that would take to long. just some basics and stepping in.) then we need:

a place
a time/date
a head count
and a list of who can do what (shooting pics, video, interested in maybe bring some refreshments ect...)

this isnt a huge assignment type get together, more just us coming together and hanging out and dueling, but it would be nice to know who has a camera/video camera and would be willing.

i was thinking for the location, being in either the Portland or souther WA area. if you have a venue or area and arent exactly there, still speak up and we can see who can make it to that location.

serious interest only please!

thanks let me know!
MTFBWY!

SABER_SMITH_KUHNS

Offline Lord_Mobius

• No Force
Re: OR/WA dueling get together!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:43:03 PM »
That would be pretty cool... though for me to be able to make it it would have to be fairly close to beaverton/portland area as I dont have a vehicle and have to rely on public transit.

Offline Hoot34

• No Force
    • Hoot @ Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 04:26:28 PM »
saber_smith_kuhns,

I was wondering if this ever got off the ground.  I ask because I have purchased an UltraSaber, Standard Issue Battle Saber, which was just enough to nudge me back into building my own.  Event though, as a costumer, I know I can't officially use anything I learn; still unofficially I would like to learn.
-Matthew

Offline Jerec

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »
I am out of the Spokane area, and a veteran with NYJedi looking to start a guild up

Offline whitmers

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 06:56:58 PM »
I am in Seattle, I have three maybe 4 people in this region and I am going to be running a Jedi Academy summer camp at my school forcussing on form I and possibly makashi depending on the aptitude of the students.

Offline Apprentice Nova

• No Force
  • Scum and villainy?...Let us waste no time!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 12:40:24 AM »
Wow no replies for this long ! Are there no people in Portland who are interested in a sabre get together...I mean it's not like it would be adversarial. At such an event we could talk about our love of sabres and star wars, maybe show off our blades perhaps try a little choreography. This is odd... after all  there is a company that makes sabres up in Oregon city (you'd think with all the folks buying sabres there would be more interest) maybe we could get a tour of their facilities. Come on people throw me a bone here. In all seriousness  I would love to meet with more sabre fans. Here's hoping!! (as opposed to hopping)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:23:03 AM »
Such as is the plight of saber combat and drawing mass interest. Sorry man, I wish you luck.  :)

Offline Apprentice Nova

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply Master Caine I will keep on hoping (and  not hopping)

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:20 AM »
Not sure if any of you are close, but I believe Lucien Kane is near that area.  He has a group that gets together for sparring and whatnot, though I don't know the details.  He's a member of this forum though, so maybe he'll see this.

Offline Apprentice Nova

• No Force
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »
Yay! Another reply lets keep this going and maybe there will be a get together.

Offline dr.djcolegrove

• Force User
  • Impressive, most impressive
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 02:27:48 PM »
Thread revival to bring it back some momentum.  I would welcome a get together
VV/JQ Sabers: Starkiller; SC/VV: Qui-Gon limited edition; VV:Ardent Elite/Havoc/Hero; JQ Sabers:Graflex x2/Graflex Revisited/Lumi/Plo/Chromed Obi TPMx2/Chromed Duke; RO Sabers: Luke ANH and Rey TFA/Obi ANH/KotaV5; HARP: TFU1 SK/DM/SS/TFU2 SK/QGJ/Obi TPM; LDM: GK3/Jacen Solo; GCS: Bane/Ascend x2/Jaina Solo; SH: Force Witch x2/Padawan x2/Corran/Ahsoka pair/Luke V2/TFU2. OM/LDM: Stormtrooper/Skinnyflex; Goodman: Laceratus; FR: Gungi/Wampa/Kota/Yun/Tenel Ka/Darth Talon; NA: Darth Baras;OR: Adi Gallia/Mara Jade;MR:Sid; 89Sabers: Sid,LukeV2

retrousse