fiduciary

Author Topic: The Force Unleashed II  (Read 72044 times)

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
Re: The Force Unleashed II
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 12:00:30 AM »
No mention of a release date, yet...... Still, looks promising, if the trailer is any indication!

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 12:07:21 AM »
Seeing as how the website is unleashed2010.com, it will probably be out around next Christmas.  It would be insane to release it with all the other titles in early 2010 even if the game was completed.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Delta48

• Mascot Clone Trooper
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 12:18:10 AM »
Seeing as how the website is unleashed2010.com, it will probably be out around next Christmas.  It would be insane to release it with all the other titles in early 2010 even if the game was completed.
well you got god of war 3 and final fantasy in march and dead space 2 in october (maybe) so ya christmas will probably be when its released

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 12:24:43 AM »
Agreed Master Tiin and Delta...also for those of us not Sonyites there is Mass Effect II...Bioshock II...Halo Reach...so early it will not be...Holidays yes.

I also find it VERY interesting they used the Axim[?] design from TOR in the 'poster' image on the home page...if it was only one of them I'd wonder if perhaps it suggested a cross-continuity 'wink' there where maybe Starkiller finds the Axim somewhere during the FUII adventure but TWO of them makes that seem rather unlikely.

Or does that suggest that the Axim design may not have been a 'personal' saber of the Jedi in the TOR trailer but perhaps an early 'clan saber'?

Did they even have 'clan sabers' in the KOTOR/TOR era???...I thought clan sabers came in the post-Ruusan 'Reformation' of the Old Jedi Order?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline gchu149

• Master Force User
  • Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 12:44:06 AM »
what's funny is that people say that the darth vader voice was bad, and i thought so too. I also thought the vader voice at star wars in concert was bad, but it turns out that voice was done by JAMES EARL JONES. strange huh?
de CF
Click the link to view my collection at the very bottom of the page:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg330140#msg330140

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 02:32:49 AM »
They didn't really say that he was "dead" really. After all, if they can ressurect him after being impaled and thrown out into the void of space (explosive decompression, absolute zero temp, yada, yada) I don't think the story will be that hard to pass off ;)

Well in the novel he actually did die. I'd prefer they left it at that, but hey. If there's money to be made it's not good business to ignore it. I'm sure the game will at least be fun to play even if the story isn't that great.
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Delta48

• Mascot Clone Trooper
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 03:43:51 AM »
They didn't really say that he was "dead" really. After all, if they can ressurect him after being impaled and thrown out into the void of space (explosive decompression, absolute zero temp, yada, yada) I don't think the story will be that hard to pass off ;)

Well in the novel he actually did die. I'd prefer they left it at that, but hey. If there's money to be made it's not good business to ignore it. I'm sure the game will at least be fun to play even if the story isn't that great.
we'll probably get a lowdown on the story at E3 2010

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 03:49:35 AM »
well.... the face here: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed2/#

looks like Sam Witwer, who I'd think would reprise the role. It seemed like he had a blast.

Much anticipation for this game (and sabers) there is (in best Yoda voice :))

Offline Jin Ke

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 04:54:31 AM »
Good God!  That trailer was awesome!    ;D ;D ;D ;D  I'm really looking forward to this, and can't wait to see how they explain everything. 

Offline General Kota

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as R2-Q5
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 04:54:51 AM »
sweet!!!!! :D :D :D

General Kota's
        Sabers
---------------------------
- Larbel
    Larbel Qui Gon Jinn non el ready with a PC-U and a crystal chamber   (finished machining)
-JQSABERS
    Luke Hero V2 custom (In building process)
 - Planing stage
    Nothing :)

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 07:45:49 AM »
Perhaps everyone just THOUGHT he died, similar to Ventress, and he went off into the galaxy to be rid of the entire Galactic War issue.  While away, he's still haunted by Yoda and Vader, conflicted by both the Dark and Light Side, and things he's done in the past, the whole time trying to find himself.

Just a thought though.    :D

Offline Firedrops

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 08:08:55 AM »
WOOO! I'M SO GOING TO GET THIS.
his new lightsabers aren't as awesome as his old ones though.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:52:42 AM by SAESEE TIIN »
credits to Paul Lanski(for making these models)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 08:13:56 AM »
Yeah I've been wondering how far they can take his character since it isn't that long before ANH and presumably he does die [or does-a-Revan-beyond-the-outer-rim] before then...as Force-powerful as he's depicted he couldnt have gone entirely unnoticed during the OT years and NJO if he lived through them within the Known Galaxy.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Nerdold

• Sith Illustrator
  • Experienced Force User
  • One again, the sigs will rule the forums!
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 10:53:30 AM »
There's always a bigger fish. I'd hope this would come out for Wii for realistic lightsaber combat with M+, but I'm already 90% sure it won't because that system has already established itself as the system where developers don't  put any effort into the games.

Offline Bin Adam

• Master Force User
  • Muslim Knights: Fighting the Terror Within
    • For Those Who Reflect
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 12:48:41 PM »
Peace be upon all,

Here is the official Lucasarts announcement...

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20091212.html

looking forward to more details  8)
-Bin Adam
The battle outside, starts inside.
"Don't desire to meet your enemy, but if you do be steadfast."

retrousse