fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin ROTS 2005 FFX with pics  (Read 9862 times)

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
  • I gots BAD frostbite on Hoth.
    • Lightsabers with GV
Anakin ROTS 2005 FFX with pics
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:03 PM »
One of my favorite sabers.

The Hilt
             A very nice hilt.  Obviously a lot like Lukes.  Around the power section there is a studded part for extra grip.  Feels good.  Not sure about what the bunny ears do, but they are there.  Lots of little buttons but despite that, it feels good when your gripping it to duel.

Blade
             An exceptionally bright blade.  It is in fact very similar to Yodas which is the brightest.

The power switch
             A little different on this one.  The power switch is not where you would think it is.  It is actually one the side of the power section.  (See pictures)

OVERALL
             A great saber.  I give it a perfect 10/10.   ;)

A very nice hilt with A LOT of details

That's the power switch

The standard Luke/Anakin emitter

Those are the "bunny ears"

In a low light room VERY BRIGHT!

Yoda (left) vs Anakin (right)

The pommel unscrewed

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
Re: Anakin ROTS 2005 FFX with pics
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »
Nice review.  One correction, though; the Anakin emitter is significantly different than either Luke emitter.  While it's technically the same hilt, the emitters are very different.  The Luke ANH looks like this:

You can see (kind of) that the emitter is flat, without the ring all the way around.  The ring only extends about half-way around the top of the emitter, not all the way around.  The ESB is similar (I believe)

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
    • Lightsabers with GV
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 08:32:46 PM »
Nice review.  One correction, though; the Anakin emitter is significantly different than either Luke emitter.  While it's technically the same hilt, the emitters are very different.  The Luke ANH looks like this:

You can see (kind of) that the emitter is flat, without the ring all the way around.  The ring only extends about half-way around the top of the emitter, not all the way around.  The ESB is similar (I believe)
I see what you mean.  I don't own either of those (yet) and was just assuming because like you said, they are technically the same hilt.  Thanks for the correction.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »
Lol.  Those are both ANH's - one's just a dead hilt.  But, I'm always happy to help out.  (I highly reccomend the ANH, by the way.)

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
    • Lightsabers with GV
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »
Lol.  Those are both ANH's - one's just a dead hilt.  But, I'm always happy to help out.  (I highly reccomend the ANH, by the way.)
I've heard the ANH is good, and I have held it, but I do prefer the Anakin.  Having said that though, the ANH HAS to be in any FX collection considering that it was the first one we ever saw ;)

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:54:58 PM »
Another nice review. 8)

A big difference between the ROTS and ANH/ESB Graflex-based sabers are the "windows."
Where the "bunny ears" are on the Graflex, there was a hole for them to fit through and give them room to be squeezed (they were originally made as levers for a clamp that held the flash bulbs in place). When the saber is lit, light can shine through those holes giving a "window" effect. The same effect occurs under that clamp on the opposite side: there is a spac between the "blade holder" ring and the "hilt" (i.e., flash tube).
On the ROTS, solid pieces were used in both places eliminating these "windows." ;)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 07:09:09 AM »
Aren't the control boxes also on opposite side of the saber? ??? Or am I imagining things this early the morning?

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline rotsman09

• Master Force User
  • "A man chooses, a slave obeys. I chose.. Rapture"
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 07:15:09 AM »
Aren't the control boxes also on opposite side of the saber? ??? Or am I imagining things this early the morning?
Well in ROTS, the control box is in the same position as ESB, in ANH it's the opposite..
This is where the fun begins!

Proud owner of an AMAZING MR v2 stunt LDM/Caine
-Starkillers coming soon...in summer.. Too much work...

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »
Well in ROTS, the control box is in the same position as ESB, in ANH it's the opposite..

That's correct.  If we assume the bunny ears go up, the control box is on the left side of the ANH - and the right side of both the ROTS and the ESB.  It's very strange.

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
    • Lightsabers with GV
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »
I noticed that in some comparisons I've seen.  Excellent observation.   ;)

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Kel-Qui
    • My "crazybrittishninja" YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
nice review I like the Anakin ROTS hilt as well however I do find the power switch to be in a very anoying place as it gets knocked constantly when spinning but I would say that my fav of the 3 graflex hilts would be the ESB version here is a pic of all 3 that I have as they also show some of the differences between them

My Sabers
Spirit - Custom build by JQ Sabers
MR Luke ESB
MR Anakin ROTS <signed by Dave Prowse
Stunt saber no electronics
1 Half of the Twin Dragon - MHS custom build by me

Offline General Veers

• Master Force User
    • Lightsabers with GV
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »
nice review I like the Anakin ROTS hilt as well however I do find the power switch to be in a very anoying place as it gets knocked constantly when spinning but I would say that my fav of the 3 graflex hilts would be the ESB version here is a pic of all 3 that I have as they also show some of the differences between them

I agree with you completley about the power switch.   ;)

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 12:40:34 AM »
it's funny I found this vid on YouTube where a Anakin ROTS saber has been modified for a story line of if Anakin had beated Obi Wan in EP3 and I thought why wasn't the power switch done like that in the first place but any way here it is

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
Well, for one thing, that's a CF addition ot it. the switch on my luke is an easy bumper too, so moving ti from the side ot the top of the box isn't much help. They ought ot have done something with the ugly little maroon (ot in this case gold) button on the back of the saber, under the bunny ears. But it was easier ot stick it in the control box. ;)

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline Darth Centorus

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 02:57:59 PM »
It's funny as the Anakin ROTS and Luke ANH the power switches are on the control boxes but the Luke ESB it is the knob thing under the bunny ears

which I find to be so much better and if I remember rightly it is in a similar area on the Anakin AOTC

My Sabers
MR Luke ESB

retrousse