fiduciary

Author Topic: If sabersmithing is a creative outlet for you, you may want to watch this.  (Read 1207 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
A must watch for anyone who struggles with being creative on a regular basis.
Elizabeth Gilbert is the speaker.
From PVP today.

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/453

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Ray-Don Xero

• Padawan Learner
  • Sparky Sparky Boom Man
Wow ....
...That was a great speech.
I enjoy writing a lot and that was very insightful.
I'm only 21 years old but I often think on things she spoke of. Like what if the best part of your life or the most successful part of your life is behind you.
That was a really awesome speech. It really hit home to me. I needed to hear that right now.
Thanks for posting that, Jango.

Olé
I'm just a guy with a lightsaber ... I didn't ask for any of this power.

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
Very inspiring. 'Good to hear someone articulate those thoughts so well. Thanks for posting!
**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
I'm not a fan of seaweed, either.   ;)

I'm hoping for some fairy-juice on my next saber.

Cool session.  Thanks for posting.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Amptrooper

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms SaberSmith AmpTrooper Sabers
    • Imperial Royal Arms
Thanks for sharing! I just finished listening to it as I am interested in doing full time saber smiting very soon. I just want to put a few more projects under my belt to prove my abilities. The idea of distancing from your work and accepting creative thought from an "out side source" is very healthy however, I feel that  the "fairies" idea is misplaced. The Holy Spirit given as a gift to us from our loving God who loves all, is that "fairy". It is also the one she is talking to when she looks up. My credit is given to God for allowing the Holy Spirit to work through me and that not only is healthy but allows God to continue to use me without my self destruction. I have to give credit where credit is due. Just to note, I am not a "blind faith believer" I was a 100% evolutionist and as a matter of fact hatted Christians with a passion. It was through the study of Evolution and other sciences at Southwestern Michigan University that I found out about God. Even tho they did not teach that or even have a Bible in the school. I was a musician and an artist who thought he was great yet was failing to meet the demands of those around me. It was hurting me inside. I ended up on drugs and living the "party" life until I found College and more so when I discovered why I felt this way. I was without the one who made me. That empty hole that I felt I needed to fill with art, music, drugs or even knowledge was now filled. I could now go on to make the best music and art I had ever made. I could fail and it is okay. And my head was being filled with all kinds of  knowledge about the world and other sciences as well.
Sorry, I went on so long. Just wanted to share. I by no means am saying that your belief is wrong. I am merely sharing something that may or may not help someone else who may need to here this exact thing. So, please don't condemn it. As I am sharing with the utmost respect for this forum and the people here in. I don't mean for this to be a debate topic either. I agree in thinking that one should be open to "creativity" and allow themselves distance from it as well. As a Saber smith I plan on having a work schedule. When my time is up for the day, then it's up. Time to put the tools down and be with my family.

retrousse