fiduciary

Author Topic: I'm starting to have serious doubts...  (Read 10670 times)

Offline MasterScott831

• Formerly known as Darthlacess831
  • Force User
  • Grand Master of the Santa Cruz Jedi Academy
    • Santa Cruz Jedi Academy
I'm starting to have serious doubts...
« on: July 30, 2009, 04:02:53 AM »
that eFX is the new saber vendor to compensate for the loss of Master Replica sabers.

I remember the hype when eFX was starting out after MR discontinued producing lightsabers (do you?).
But all I've seen from then after two years is the Ahsoka "lightsaber". I'm very sad (and a little peeved, honestly) about this.

Comments, questions?
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes" is a statement that deals in absolutes.

Visit our saber group's homepage! The link is on my profile under website. :)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
Re: I'm starting to have serious doubts...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:55:38 AM »
the problem is,  the eFX crew managed to produce 21 different LE saber hilts when they were known as 'master replicas';
they swore to the community @ rebelscum that they would NOT "rehash" old sabers, and re-release the same LE's as MR.
(something about "keeping collectibles collectible",  and an (honorable, if misguided) effort to maintain credibility with an unforgiving fanbase).   :-\

-========-

the solution:   eFX is making resin belt hangers for Museum Replicas instead.     :-*
so far there have been three sabers revealed, at a price point of $99 each: 
Obiwan ROTS; Anakin ROTS; Luke ROTJ V2 (as first built).

they will only be available through the museum replicas site, starting in december.
http://www.museumreplicas.com/g-16-lightsabers.aspx

they are made of 'resin', with an electroplated chrome/metallic finish
(similar to crome-plated lego, or other chrome-finished plastic parts).
those who have seen them in person say they are uncannily similar to the MR LE's

for the money, I think these are great pieces.   
they will allow eFX to revist the 21 saber hilts that they swore (as master replicas) to 'never make again';
also its probably our only chance to own an 'AFBB' Luke ROTJ V2. bwahaha!  ;D

---> @ $99 each ,   I'd hit 'em all. hehe
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:57:31 AM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:14:32 AM »
That's not a bad idea. I will always prefer metal, but for resin and $99 you can't really go wrong there with that detail. I think I'm with Wedge on picking up the Luke RotJ since no one else has made a detailed static V2 AFB (or sometimes called V3 too)

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 08:18:09 AM »
And they weren't going to do any pre-orders either right... Not going to sell anything till they had it in their warehouse.... What every happened to that!?.... I like the idea of a $99 replica if they look as good as the MR's... I hate the whole idea of keeping collectibles collectible I think if there is a demand and it can be met it should be made....
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:26:51 AM by KI-ADI-MUNDI »

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 08:21:05 AM »
Wedge,

I've always wanted to start collecting hilts again and this will be a great way for me to do it!  Thanks for posting this.  I'm definitely going to buy those hilts and what ever new ones eFX comes out with.  I hope they do remake all the Master Replicas hilts...from the Obi-Wan TPM to the Mace ROTS.  I'd love to have them all and I wouldn't care if they're resin!

Edit: Come to think about it this will be a great way for those who missed the original Master Replicas hilts and will want to get into collecting hilts.  I really do hope they do go back and revisit all the ones they made under Master Replicas but make the stunt versions, I'd love to have them all.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:41:27 AM by Vosk »

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »
EFX also (presumably) still has an upcoming reveal line of sabers (the Xtreme Editions).  Several pics, and a video, of the first of these sabers (the Obi-Wan ANH) were released a while back.  The thread for it is also here somewhere in this section.

Since the reveal line is different than the previous sabers released by MR, eFX can basically re-release every single saber again in reveal form and not break the promise it made to collecters of the MR line.  It has been a while since we received any update on the Xtreme Edition ANH saber.  Hopefully, it's still a go.  I'm guessing it will go up for pre-order or sale after the Ahsoka saber is released.

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
It would be cool to own the extreme edition of the hilts but if memory serves I think they are the same price as a regular LE hilt, which is a bit out of my range unfortunately.  So I'll be really excited to own these resin hilts.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:41:39 PM »
I gotta get that Luke V2...for the price you can't beat it....especially if it's just gonna sit and look pretty.

Offline MasterScott831

• Formerly known as Darthlacess831
  • Force User
  • Grand Master of the Santa Cruz Jedi Academy
    • Santa Cruz Jedi Academy
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:17 PM »
But guys! This is exactly what I'm talking about. Hilts are not the kind of sabers we can duel with. This depresses me.
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes" is a statement that deals in absolutes.

Visit our saber group's homepage! The link is on my profile under website. :)

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 12:22:20 AM »
But guys! This is exactly what I'm talking about. Hilts are not the kind of sabers we can duel with. This depresses me.

I don't understand?  I think for $100 for a nice display piece is nice.  eFX was not planning on making any sabers for people to duel with, that's not in their contract.  Hasbro has the contract to make sabers to duel with (it's the toys that you can get for $10-$20).  Personally, i wouldn't duel with the Force FX line unless it was converted.

I was hoping they would maybe do the mini collection again except make it like true 1/2 scale or something.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 07:13:25 AM »
Chowser is correct, it was never expected (or in the contract) for eFX to make duel-worthy FX sabers, or any FX-Sabers in general.  EFX's territory is strictly high-end collectible props. 

Offline Vosk

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 08:52:58 AM »
Chowser is definitely correct on eFX's stance.  I think most people are getting them confused that they will produce FX sabers because it had the word "FX" in their company title, but this is definitely not the case. 

eFX is Master Replicas...well it's old employees from Master Replicas who started up the company after MR lost the license from Lucasfilm to produce Star Wars stuff.

Also Chowser is correct that you should never duel with a regular FX saber, only a converted one.  Only expect Hasbro to make FX saber as they have the license and rights for that.  All eFX will produce are high quality end prop replicas, such as static lightsaber hilts, studio scale replicas and such.  Things that would normally cost any where from $300+, depending on what the item is.

As I said before too this is a perfect thing for people to start collecting static hilts if they missed out on the original Master Replicas versions.  Or if they had to sell what they had before they can get them again.  Yes they're not exactly like the original Master Replicas versions, but for most of us that will be okay especially to collectors who don't want to devalue their original props from MR.

Edit: BTW the resin versions with the electroplated chrome/metallic finish is what most of the actors/actresses wore who were Jedi in the films because they were a lot lighter than the actual metal pieces. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:56:33 AM by Vosk »

Offline Darth Frodo

• Experienced Force User
  • Ahhh..Does not compute..Ahhh..Your under arrest
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 05:28:15 AM »
the thing i hate is that they are all EL

Offline robi one

• Force User
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 07:26:15 AM »

What are all EL? The only EL hilts are the Park Sabers that I know of. The Hasbro FX are LED, Hyperdyne are LED, UltraSabers are Luxeon, etc.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 07:39:20 AM »

What are all EL? The only EL hilts are the Park Sabers that I know of. The Hasbro FX are LED, Hyperdyne are LED, UltraSabers are Luxeon, etc.
and those eFX sabers posted above are static,  solid,  resin cast hilts without any electronics whatsoever.....

retrousse