fiduciary

Author Topic: 2005 ROTJ Luke  (Read 6020 times)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
2005 ROTJ Luke
« on: December 15, 2007, 07:44:35 PM »
I just acquired a 2005 ROTJ Luke saber. My 3rd! ;D

The light is seriously bright as you guys have mentioned several times over. :D That is pretty but I seen spots on about every FX out there. I didn't mind these as I want to convert them later to Ultra's.

I like the size of the hilt, the quality is not bad and of course the fat neck if you can look pass that. I only feel its not heavy enough. This is why I like the Obiwan FX. Anyway I can make this sucka heavier? :D

Realised there is only 2 crash sound, better than just one.

I don't like the way they made the switch at the side of the box. I hope Yoda will make a conversion kit for this area later too!

But on this piece, the the sound is loud BUT muffled sort of way. Is this normal?

Thanks!

B

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: 2005 ROTJ Luke
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 08:09:07 PM »
I just acquired a 2005 ROTJ Luke saber. My 3rd! ;D

The light is seriously bright as you guys have mentioned several times over. :D That is pretty but I seen spots on about every FX out there. I didn't mind these as I want to convert them later to Ultra's.

I like the size of the hilt, the quality is not bad and of course the fat neck if you can look pass that. I only feel its not heavy enough. This is why I like the Obiwan FX. Anyway I can make this sucka heavier? :D

Realised there is only 2 crash sound, better than just one.

I don't like the way they made the switch at the side of the box. I hope Yoda will make a conversion kit for this area later too!

But on this piece, the the sound is loud BUT muffled sort of way. Is this normal?

Thanks!

B

Lux conversion will make it a bit heavier, especially with a thickwalled blade.

The possibilite for modification are high on this saber. ;)

The sound is due mostly to the material the saber is made of.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 08:42:34 PM »
Thanks Tyranus!

This FX is begging not only to have the Ultra kits but Yoda's conversion kits, if any at a later date. I am not a fan of the hilt but with the thinner neck, this piece will look very sweet. Can't wait to see what's in store for this one, kits wise!

Maybe I will go find a good speaker to change it and see how it goes. The sound is also staticky... this is my 3rd FX. Luke ANH. Obiwan and now this, all have staticky sound when in motion. Is this normal on FX sabers?The Obiwan sound is smoothest among the 3 but its also the softest. :-\

B

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 04:40:15 AM »
Congrats on getting one of the best FX sabers made. You will find that each saber has their own little quirks. Blotchy blade, staticky, light weight, too heavy, etc. Tyranus is right about the possibilities of this saber. It probably has more mods done to it than any other. My personal favorite is the V2 modification. Check out this child board under the Modification section- http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=64.0
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 08:19:01 AM »
Hello Owen,

Thanks for the links! :D

I have no idea about those modified ROTJ threads. I must admit I get lost very often in this forum. Those threads are very exciting indeed. I am checking em out and your thread there. I have to say that other than the neck, the rest of the hilt are pretty much accurate.

True, it seems like each saber got its own personalities. The blotchiness on the blade is the last of my concern actually as I planned to have them all convert somewhere down the road.

B

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 08:43:41 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. I have converted my ROTJ to Luxeon and built a Graflex with a 5 watt Luxeon. I also have an Ultra stunt saber. They look so much better than an LED strip. I plan to convert my other sabers as well. Good luck and let us know how it goes. If you need any help with the ROTJ let us know.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:08:07 AM »
This is why I love this place! You guys are amazingly helpful!

I have so much to learn.

Yeah, I think all the FX can do well with a little mod here or there but brighter blade is one major wow factor. I am still reading into the Ultrasound thingy because for me, sabers gotta have sounds and the louder, the better! :D

Thanks in advance, Owen! I will post once I start on them. Be a while tho coz I just confirmed some more FX! :P

B

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »
Here check this one out... There have been many changes, but it's almost done now! (Most recent pics are on page 4 I believe.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9212.0

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 11:20:41 AM »
Yes DT they are on page 4. Boxster, what sabers did you score now?

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
Hey Tyranus! I was just in that same thread! :D Yeah, I like what I am seeing man, it really look very good!!! Makes me want to machine polish my ROTJ Luke now and repaint!!! Gosh, these are the threads that caused one to drool uncontrollably!

Owen, gosh, hope my wife not reading this. Not ebay but thru a guy who got them new, never even take it out and wants to rid of them. Its Mace, full Maul and Anakin. He's got a Yoda but... ah.. nah, I prefer bigger sabers. :D

B

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »
Don't underestimate the power of Master Yoda's little lightsaber.  ;)  It is considered to be the brightest out there as it has more LEDs in its short blade than a regular FX has.

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 11:48:35 AM »
That is what I've read on the reviews... Could it be the green LED? Man, the Luke's green is super bright. I read Yoda's even brother.

I think I will get my 9 year old nephew to get the Yoda's. His parents buy anything for him, lucky bugger! He is pretty hooked onto sabers now coz he been hanging around and playing with my Luke ANH. :D

B

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
 ;D

Congrats on your luke rotj saber!!I've got one as well;but,I'm going to try and make this a V2 lol :D :D

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 02:37:03 PM »
The green leds appear brighter because the human eyes see the green better, so it appears brighter. Let him get the Yoda, then you have someone to "lightly" duel with till you get them converted. Then it's all out duels no holds barred!

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 09:38:20 PM »
Hi Kenobi! Thanks!

Its quite an imprompty purchase actually but I am glad I did. I am only 1/4 way to complete my FX collection. Totally addicted to these. Lights, sounds and pretty hilts. Ok, maybe not custom, not yet anyway but.... I kinda like them as it is too.  :D

Ah Owen,

Thanks for the explain! Its true that human eyes always prefer them greens but not my stomach for some reason. :D I think stock FX, green will be the brightest.

This is why I am quite impatient to collect every single FX (... still except the Yoda :D) and than move on to the custom ones with other coloured blades.

Yes, I will like to duel with him some but the young dude is learning wushu while I have only my jedi instinct to block any moves. :D

B

retrousse