fiduciary

Recent Posts

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10]
Hasbro Force-FX line / 2005 Master Replica Vader Sabre has no sound
« Last post by jweaver100 on October 24, 2023, 06:43:41 AM »
I have a pair of 2005 Master Replica Sabres and the Vader version has lost its sound.

It 100% used to work, but the last time I switch it on, the batteries had clearly died as it was very dim.. But since then, only the light works and not the sound.

I have tried opening up the electronics module several times, but its clearly glued and I am going to destroy it..

Does anyone have any tips on how to get inside? And if so, are there any known failure modes and obvious components I could replace.

Padawans Training Room - Introduce yourself / Re: New Padewan on the block!
« Last post by Darth Hideous on October 17, 2023, 11:44:51 PM »
Another try to upload photo’s of the project

Saber Modifications & Customs / Re: Guylo Ren's first saber- final part
« Last post by Darth Hideous on October 16, 2023, 12:47:38 AM »
What an excellent piece of work! Just started my first build in PVC for my kid, not nearly as intricate as your design!
I love the integration of the kyber crystal and how it flashes when you shutdown the saber, that is a nice piece of detail you've added!

Cheers!
Padawans Training Room - Introduce yourself / New Padewan on the block!
« Last post by Darth Hideous on October 15, 2023, 01:03:36 PM »
Hi all!

Darth Hideous a.k.a. Tom here!
This is my first post of (hopefully) many more to come!
I recently started a lightsaber project for my 7 year old son, who is under the impression he is sensitive to the force since he started watching
Star Wars Rebels and Clone Wars on D+. (I sense much fear in him though...:-))
He asked me if I would build him a "real" lightsaber and if I would build him the Makashi cross guard LS Ezra found in Star Wars Rebels.
Hence my new "hobby" of building lightsaber's has risen and the weeklong journey soon brought me to the FX saber OS Github and FX-saber OS forums.
First a word of thanks for all the great tutorials and info that have been gathered in this great temple dedicated to Lightsabers! Very impressive and helpfull!
The GitHub and Forums have helped me greatly in getting this project of the ground! A big thanks and shout out to all contributors!

As for my skills: I'm very good at building and fabricating stuff, however my programming skills are non-existent. (I can copy and paste quite well :-).)
My first build will be a crossguard saber based out of PVC parts, Arduino NANO, MPU-6050, DFplayer mini, 18650 LIPO (+ killswitch) and NEO pixel LED strip.
Unfortunately I do not have the right to post photos, so I can't share the current state of the build.
Basically all the PVC parts are 95% complete. Currently testing the electronics and prepping them for integration into the hilt.

Despite the enormous learning curve the past week, I am running into some issue's now.
I am struggling with 2 specific issue's (Despite my deep dive into this forum and other opensource information out there.):

1) The MPU-6050 is not doing what it is supposed to do. I have calibrated the sensor with the calibration sketch. However when testing things on my breadboard, movement and impacts of the sensor did not result in the swing and clash sounds. I did notice a "discrepancy"; in the wiring diagram; only 4 wires are connected to the MPU, however I noticed in the Arduino pin diagram, pin D2 is assigned to  the INT pin on the MPU. After connecting these two pins, the impact function worked as advertised, however still no swing sounds. have tried multiple sensitivity settings in the config menu.

2) The blade is lighting up nicely, however the crossguard LED strips are not firing up. I have changed the blade type to "crossguardsaber" and entered the number of LED's in the blade and the crossguard in the crossguardsaber definitions. Since there is no reference anywhere that the crossguard has it's own datapin on the Arduino,  I have looked in the code if a pin was defined, but have not found one. So I assumed this would be the same as the pin for the blade (D13).
I have not changed or added any code to the lightsaber sketch, other than the aforementioned input.

My son asked me the other day if his lightsaber would be ready for the Halloween party in 2 weeks.
It is with this deadline in mind that I now turn to my fellow forum members for help!

Any help in solving these issue's is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Darth Hideous

Amendement: MPU no langer an issue.  Completely missed the section regarding  the two clash Methods.. Sorry for that!

However still looking for help regarding the crossguard wiring. Any help or direction to relevant info is highly appreciated!
Killsythe Customs / Flextana with Crystal Shard 3.0
« Last post by JANGO FETT on September 21, 2023, 06:58:50 AM »
Flextana with Crystal Shard 3.0

Specs
Crystal shard 4.5
Tri Cree RrBG main LED
3.7 Li-ION in hilt with a 2.1mm recharge port
TCSS 1.5 Watt speaker
1" blade holder

Demo video
https://youtu.be/SuJVEC6M5to

Plecter Labs / Re: Loud beeping and blinking red light
« Last post by erv on September 10, 2023, 10:56:37 PM »
what are you powering with the aux 3.3V. I see wires. If you have a BLE module, remove it

yet this questions remains un answered
« Last post by tHe_brEEze on September 09, 2023, 02:35:40 PM »
I am running 2 10 count mini pixel strips. This same configuration worked before. I moved all electronics to a new chassis.

I ended up using a different CFX board and all id working as it should. Seems you may have been right about the defective power rail. I tried 4 sds before changing out the board with the same result.
Padawans Training Room - Introduce yourself / New yet not new
« Last post by Keske944 on September 09, 2023, 12:26:09 PM »
Well I'm back. Used to be Keske968 but forgot my password and my recovery email is long ago deactivated. Looking to sell some sabers but need to have a certain number of posts first. So here is one of many to allow me onto the trade station board.
« Last post by erv on September 09, 2023, 12:11:31 AM »
what are you powering with the aux 3.3V. I see wires. If you have a BLE module, remove it
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10]
retrousse