fiduciary

Author Topic: How would you rate Clone Wars?  (Read 56485 times)

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
Re: How would you rate Clone Wars?
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2010, 07:51:41 PM »
Season two is shaping up rather nicely. Tonight's episode was pretty good. I like the fact that there is a hour show instead of the normal 1/2 hour.
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2010, 12:17:08 AM »
I think the Gendy Tartovsky (most likely misspelled his name) was fantastic.  Given the amount of time they had to have a finished product, I think they did a great job.  The style of animation was a bit different but grew on me and the characters were given more thought which I enjoyed.

The new 3D Cartoon is downright atrocious.  I've tried watching entire episodes time and again, thinking maybe I'm not giving it a chance, but every time I find myself waiting for something to actually happen.  It's all fluff with NO substance whatsoever.  And besides, why would they give Anakin of all the Jedi a Padawan, when they wouldn't even trust him to be a part of the council?  How does that make any sense?

Clone Wars 2D?  -Tops
Clone Wars 3D?  -Waste of time.

Offline docdoom

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »
I can see the Padawan Ashoka just being a new character to explore other plotlines without Anakin or Obi Wan but also to possibly calm him down, as he is known for being a bit too headstrong.

JediQuinlanVos

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2010, 01:42:36 AM »
Solid 10

Offline Sith Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
  • -MTDSOTFBWYA-
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »
Definately dont like the cartoons, its just not star wars..

- UltraFX MR: Anakin ROTS - Red LED
- LDM Mustafar v1: Anakin ROTS Stunt 'Ruski' - Red LED

Offline darthxanthus

• Master Force User
  • Imperial Royal Arms
    • Xanthus Laboratories
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »
I rate the season 3 premier a solid 99!
Find me on Facebook.  Look for Xanthus Laboratories fan page.

or on Imperial Royal Arms website!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
I agree...its off to an excellent start. As much as I love all things Jedi it is nice to see some focus on the troopers , this is the clone wars afterall, and as such provides an opportunity to explore their character motivations and perhaps more fully explain why they later turn on the Jedi. I hope this season continues a renewed emphasis on the clones. As for these episodes the tension between Grievous and Ventress was particularly well done imo.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
I rate the season 3 premier a solid 99!

I see what you did there  ;D

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline chriswin8

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2010, 07:30:50 AM »
I really enjoy the show. I only just got caught up on it. I like the character Asoka but I don't ever remember any word about Anikin having a Padawan. But that more then likely just Hollywood taking liberties for the kiddies again. LOL. Well that little thing is not enought to keep me from watching it.

Offline Terias

• Force User
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2010, 08:02:56 AM »
well, if we are talking about the Animated shorts.. I gotta give it a 10.. its great, filled in some plot holes and was generally starwars-ish

As for the new CG series.. Frankly I think its gotten a little to kid friendly, it gets a 3....We all know george has said starwars is a kids thing, but really it never was. Many of us have grown up with starwars and as we've matured so should the stories..and anakin BETTER kill asoka... Frankly I think Jar jar was less annoying

Offline CodyBeatsAll

• No Force
  • Cody is Awesome!
    • Master Showz
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2010, 08:30:37 AM »
well, if we are talking about the Animated shorts.. I gotta give it a 10.. its great, filled in some plot holes and was generally starwars-ish

As for the new CG series.. Frankly I think its gotten a little to kid friendly, it gets a 3....We all know george has said starwars is a kids thing, but really it never was. Many of us have grown up with starwars and as we've matured so should the stories..and anakin BETTER kill asoka... Frankly I think Jar jar was less annoying
ahhh lol. I don't think he will kill here. But come on I think its great gets a 10 from me. When you think about it they might want to start something new with Anikin having a padawan. Just because they never said anything about him NOT having one doesn't mean he can't have one. And I think its great that its kid friendly. Its not to kid friendly though and thats what I like about it!
CodyBeatsAll/CEO of MS.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »
Animated 3 min shorts get a 10.

The Clone Wars series I give a 7.

Just got the DVDs for season one and two and they are surprisingly good. I thought it was going to be like the Clone Wars animated movie which was horrible in my opinion.
These shows are much better. The shining star in the show is the animation and graphics. The textures are great.

I just wish it was more 'supercool' and less 'afterschool'.

Offline Darth Radford

• Padawan Learner
  • Avenger of the Lost
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »
I concur with everyone in the 7/8 range.

Some episodes just seem cheesy............

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2011, 06:37:37 PM »
You have to remember that this Series is for kids as well.Not just for us "Big Kids" ;)

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
If there was a negative 5 rating I would absolutely rate it that.  The Clone Wars cartoon is worse than the prequels themselves.  The continuity, even held up between the prequels, is not consistent.  The council won't allow Anakin the rank of Jedi Master, and yet they'd trust him to have a padawan?  How in the world does that make any sense?  If that is the case, then what does the rank of Jedi Master even mean?  I tried to give it a chance, but every time I've sat through an episode they just take an element from the originals and ruin what made it so special to begin with.

For example, recently I saw an episode where the Jedi freeze themselves in carbonite to infiltrate an enemy camp so they could rescue someone.  While the concept is a nice nod to Empire, it completely kills the tension of what made Han being frozen meant in that film.  The whole scene meant something because we don't know if Han will survive the freeze and because of this we are worried he might die.  In the cartoon, it played out as though it was no big deal. 

I know what people will say.  If you don't like it, don't watch, and that's fine.  If you enjoy the show, more power to you, but the Clone Wars is not Star Wars to me.  In theory, I'm all for new stories, films, and tv shows set in the galaxy far far away, but the poor execution of most of these efforts has been a major let down.

retrousse