fiduciary

Author Topic: E-11 vintage build for Juansith *PIC HEAVY*  (Read 9532 times)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: E-11 vintage build for Juansith *PIC HEAVY*
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 05:16:32 AM »
Oh awesome, this is coming along nicely! The pics of the parts placed together looks awesome, and shows how cool this will be once finished!

I'll be keeping an eye out on the progress of this, especially as my build is currently in progress ;)

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 05:18:50 AM »
good news, bad news.  the good news is that the j-b weld held like a champ and the folding stock locks both forward and backward.  The bad news is the j-b weld held like a charm and the clip is now stuck in the mag holder.  not sure how it got j-b weld on it, but I guess that answers the clip detection switch question. 

EDIT: I just want to point out that that was an extra feature anyway.  I've never seen a blaster of any kind get reloaded in any of the SW movies.  Taking away a non-canon feature isn't that big of a deal to me, but that doesn't mean I'm just giving up.  I think it's a "cool" feature to say the least, but I'm not gonna halt the whole build if it doesn't happen. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:59:08 AM by Alex Gordon »

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »
That is one xxx of a build there!  I had a kit of Sterling parts which I had to sell, but it's cool to see how well this project is coming along and lets me live vicariously through it!  Can't wait to see the finished product. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 10:41:06 AM »
Arkhan gave me some tips on removing the j-b weld so i will be able to remove it when i get home today. 

Ordered some hall effect sensors, hopefully like erv used, but i'm not entirely sure.  Ordered the magnets too.  Looking for the recharge port and powet jack now, leds arrived and the rear sight and grip should be in place when i get home.  I j-b welded them before i left and taped them in place. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
No update on the mag yet (I don't have the proper tool to remove it yet, but it's on the way.  And it is nothing that will hurt the gun) but I took a quick video showing the folding stock function.  I was just taking this vid for juan (that's why I had some fun with it) but I figured I might as well post it for you guys to see too. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlmvbU6Q2UA

Offline SithStalker

• Keeper of the red blade
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »
The blaster looks really real  :o

Haha... Well, it's a fool's errand, boy. The Emperor's army is infinite. You'll eventually be killed... or worse... and nothing will have changed.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »
Thanks! Haven't had much work time and i only have two full weeks of school before exam week, so i might not get any work done till then.  We'll see. 

Offline Concept

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 05:59:55 AM »
Yep looking great, but yes study before fun lol. I am keen to get some ideas on blaster building as I have armor coming so of course I will need to build a blaster. (Where is the popcorn eating smiley?)
Aussie Star Wars fan

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 09:18:40 AM »
dusted this off last night.  reattached the mag well and the clip is now functional.  4 parts of the old gun to attach before paint and electronics. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 05:23:24 AM »
Update time.  only work left to do on the body is after the start of electronics when I attach the muzzle with some weaker stuff than jb weld just in case I ever need to do any maintenance.

This was the hardest part to remove and reattach.  I had to get fancy with my dremeling skills because there was no way I was gonna be able to sand it down all the way. 

I attached the nub by the folding stock, the spring clip that holds the back cap backward and prevents it from twisting off on accident, the front sight, and the ejector shroud and flash deflector.  Gonna clean up the j-b weld joints today and get at least 1 coat of paint on it.  also going to make the bracket for the hengstler counter and figure out the mounting for the mag cylinders. 

last electronics (batteries, recharge port, speaker, resistors) are being ordered today after I calculate what I need and what will fit.  electronics testing will also begin today.  I have to learn a whole new board, but thankfully that architecture isn't totally different from CF. 

EDIT: I'm not sure why the forum decided to rotate my pictures and put them in the wrong aspect ratio. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:27:23 AM by Alex Gordon »

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »
Update time again.  today I tested the blaster core v4 a bit and started to understand it pretty well.  I just am waiting to hear back from erv on how to wire my hall effect sensors, as the pinout is a bit beyond me (only 3 pins and they've got me confused). 

here's the rear sight without the glob of JB weld. 

here's the little knob that does nothing with the glob of jb weld removed. 

here I have the blaster drying from it's 4th coat of paint (1 primer that doesn't count, 1 silver coat, and 3 flat black coats just to ensure every inch was covered). 

here's a box full of greeblies drying from their coat of flat black.

here's the side of the blaster that you almost never see.  I wanted to show off the silver that I left on the bolt.  Looks great in person. 

and......

wait for it....

u sure you're ready?

okay... tried to warn you that your head might explode. 

last chance...

and if you're still with me and your head didn't explode, then you must have been a survivor of the K3GR1 thread.   :D

that's all for now.  The grips should be on the way to me and the mag cylinders (which I learned so much about from erv's christmas CF game) are on my bench waiting for one tab to be jb welded and then maybe another coat of paint.  the original painter got lazy and didn't do the bottom side of the rotating capacitors.   ::)

So other than that, I have all of the led, I just need to order batteries, a speaker to replace the one I'm using from my stock, and a bunch of stuff from mauser (resistors, limit switches as a backup, recharge ports, etc.)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
:D
Genius.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
I'm not gonna lie.  when I saw that box of parts, I never thought it was gonna look this good.  Shame I don't have the cash to make one for myself.  I might have a hard time letting go of it at CVI  ;D.  In all seriousness though, I'm seriously considering doing one for myself now.  It never crossed my mind until I saw it in the state it is in in the last pic.  then I wanna haz it.   :D

Offline Forcestruck

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
Beautiful work Alex! I don't think anyone blames you for wanting it for yourself.   ;D

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »
I seem to remember a certain someone having a whole mess of E11 parts for sale in the TF  ::)

retrousse