fiduciary

Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels Season Finale! *Spoilers*  (Read 14492 times)

Offline Silas_Ryder

• Force User
  • Peace and Glory
Re: Star Wars Rebels Season Finale! *Spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 01:21:36 AM »
Fantastic season finale. The music, the action. Ahsoka.. gave me chills all the way through!

They've done an amazing job with this show. Can't wait for season 2!

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 01:25:19 AM »
The Inquisitor and his lightsaber are out and Vader is in... So I guess that age old question is back on the table...

Does Anakin kill Ahsoka?...

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline ctech88

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 07:44:07 AM »
The Inquisitor and his lightsaber are out and Vader is in... So I guess that age old question is back on the table...

I've been wondering that myself. given that in ANH Tarkin says to Vader that the Jedi are extinct makes you wonder if any of the three survive. We know Obi and Yoda do, ;) but where the EU has been "wiped" from Canon it makes for some interesting questions coming up along the way.

I guess season 2 will tell us more. Can't wait for Celebrations to see what goodies we can learn there.

New here. not new to forums. but please be gentle. ;)

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 11:15:37 AM »
Dave Filoni says Ahsoka's saber color will be white for both new sabers:

Rebels Recon #14: Inside "Fire Across the Galaxy" - YouTube

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »
Changed the title after chuckling at our poor west coast friends' comments.  C:-)
I wouldnt consider us too poor. 65-70 degree weather almost everyday this month. Oh and I can drive to DISNEYLAND =D !!!!!

Ahsokas Sabers look similar to assaj ventress. Reason for that?

Ditto, I've got my annual pass ;)
Me too!!!!

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »

I've been wondering that myself. given that in ANH Tarkin says to Vader that the Jedi are extinct makes you wonder if any of the three survive. We know Obi and Yoda do, ;) but where the EU has been "wiped" from Canon it makes for some interesting questions coming up along the way.

I guess season 2 will tell us more. Can't wait for Celebrations to see what goodies we can learn there.
Tarkin didn't consider Kanan a Jedi. He is probably stating the Jedi threat, the United Jedi, the true Jedis Fire has gone out.

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 11:31:34 AM »

Close up concept art! You're welcome.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Arryck Corso

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »

Close up concept art! You're welcome.

And the Professor comes through again!!   ;D

I know I was studying the screen shots I took last night.  Looks like a pretty cool set of sabers.  I even noticed a little samurai influence in the design as I recall seeing a couple of diamond patterns on the hilt in the fore grip section (not shown in this pic as it would be on the opposite side).  Though I have to admit I was kind of hoping that when I heard Ahsoka might be coming back that she would be sporting a staff.  I felt like this would have been a natural progression of her training.

Would make for an interesting build though as her new sabers are clearly oval and not round. 

The question isn't who is going to let me;  It's who is going to stop me!

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:24 PM »
Whitmers has some oval tube... I might have to convince him to part with it, especially considering how much I love white sabers.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline arcana

• Experienced Force User
    • Light Saber Archives
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »
It's always fun to see things that can't be made on a lathe.  Definitely presents some additional changes.

Where are the concept images from?
“In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.”

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 01:46:38 PM »
Wonder if we could convince Korbanth to do a run... :)

Offline Arryck Corso

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 02:03:03 PM »
It's always fun to see things that can't be made on a lathe.  Definitely presents some additional changes.

For sure.  Since seeing this last night I've had ton of ideas how I could possible make this saber (or at least a close approximation of it).  Definitely would be fun to try.

The question isn't who is going to let me;  It's who is going to stop me!

Offline PhoenixJedi

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Phoenix Sabers
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 02:04:09 PM »
The jedi may be extinct, but technically Ahsoka is NOT a jedi anymore. Just like starkiller was a good guy in the end, but NEVER became a jedi.

Honestly, I don't think they're really throwing out the EU at all. It is obvious that it's still inspiration to the writers.

I'm the only saber smith ever mentioned in the NY Times: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35163
My Sabers: Avenger & Defender (TCSS Pair), Ravager (SF Vanquish)
Check out my profile for my website, sound font samples and pictures of sabers i've built!
Note: All sales from me, once shipped, are final.

Offline arcana

• Experienced Force User
    • Light Saber Archives
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:19 PM »
The jedi may be extinct, but technically Ahsoka is NOT a jedi anymore. Just like starkiller was a good guy in the end, but NEVER became a jedi.

Honestly, I don't think they're really throwing out the EU at all. It is obvious that it's still inspiration to the writers.

What gets me is that anyone who thinks that's something new.  Lucas was quoted many times as saying "they have their universe and I have mine".  The story writing for the original movies and cartoon series may have occasionally dipped into the EU but Lucas stated several times that his vision didn't follow that canon.  The statements from Disney seem to be consistent with that.  They don't want to be limited to existing EU stores.  I love the EU, but I think that's great.  Lets get some new perspective on the story.  The EU spends a lot of time rehashing the same concepts and characters.  <sorry for the off topic rant>

I personally don't have any issues with "Jedi" being alive in the continued stories.  Just because Tarkin, Vader, or even Yoda, didn't know about their existence doesn't mean they didn't exist.  If they are not living as a jedi (similar to how Kanan started out in the series), they may be very difficult to detect "in the force".  Obi-wan did tell them all to go into hiding, it would be great to see some of the surviving jedi reemerge in the new movies.
“In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.”

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 05:12:31 PM »
Yup, definitely some Ventress influence in those squarish-curved hilts. I hope Ventress is still around, and maybe she even completes her training. No need to call for a run, someone will try the new hilts as they come.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

retrousse