fiduciary

Author Topic: New to Force FX Lightsabers?  (Read 37485 times)

Offline Bigdog01

• Jedi Master/VIP
  • Master Force User
    • FX-Sabers.com
New to Force FX Lightsabers?
« on: July 26, 2005, 06:22:17 AM »
This is the place for you! Go ahead and ask anything you would like. We will try to answer your questions to the best of our ability!

Master Replicas Collection
2004 Luke ESB Force FX (2x)
2005 Vader ESB Force FX (3x)
2005 Anakin ROTS Force FX (x3)
2005 Luke ROTJ Force FX  (2x)
2005 Mace ROTS Force FX
2006 Darth Maul FX (x2)
(= ;=__((===============

Offline Gaia12

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: New to Force FX Lightsabers?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 07:40:55 PM »
I bought a red MR Vader light saber a few months ago and just got the new ROTJ Luke lightsaber at Borders.  I was hesitant to duel with them until I saw the MR video of the choreographed duel, so I have played around (lightly) with the sabers.   After reading some of the posts on this site - I am again hesitant to play around with them too much.  My question is - how much dueling can you do with these without damaging the electronics ??  Lightly, not at all???

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 10:22:15 PM »
Hello And Welcome to FX-SABERS.COM

To answer your Duelling Questions...

Please got to the Main page and under the navigation bar you will find
"ARTICLES" scroll down to find the Article called...
 "How to PROPERLY DUEL with your FX LIGHTSABER" http://fx-sabers.com/saber_duel.html

Here all your questions will be answered ;D
always
MERIDIAN
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 01:53:25 PM by Yoda »

Offline Nestea341

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 08:23:30 PM »
I bought a red MR Vader light saber a few months ago and just got the new ROTJ Luke lightsaber at Borders.  I was hesitant to duel with them until I saw the MR video of the choreographed duel, so I have played around (lightly) with the sabers.   After reading some of the posts on this site - I am again hesitant to play around with them too much.  My question is - how much dueling can you do with these without damaging the electronics ??  Lightly, not at all???
They are very durable as stated; however, you may get scratches on it if you hit TOO HARD with it.

Offline Demyx

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 07:24:33 AM »
Hey, I'm new.  I got a few questions...  would you guys recommend buying one online or at a retail store like Best Buy?  Also, if the one I got from Best Buy has some problems, would I be able to exchange it without much hassle?  thanks in advance.  I've been wanting the Anakin ROTS lightsaber for a while now....

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 07:43:57 AM »
Welcome to fx-sabers.com!
well at a store is better because u can try it and check if it works urself

Offline skizzoid

• Formerly known as skizzoid
  • Master Force User
  • At last, we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi...
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 09:15:06 AM »
The other thing about buying in a store is that you can easily return it if it doesn't work (assuming there are more in stock).  But buying it online makes it a little harder to do returns, not to mention you have to pay for all the shipping involved.  If you want to pay a little less but with the risk that you'd have to pay more for a return or exchange, then go online.  You can also buy it straight from Master Replicas, who will pay for return shipping if you need to exchange it; you'd have to pay for initial shipping, but you're also definitely covered by their warranty.

Otherwise, if you'd rather not take any chances, I'd recommend buying it at a store.  With all the coupons that Borders has out, you could get a lightsaber there for a pretty good price; and if something breaks, you can go right back and exchange it (or return it if you simply don't like it).  That, and it has the quickest shipping available. :)
Master Replicas Force FX Collection:
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB (in pieces)
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 02:16:46 AM »
Hey, I'm new.  I got a few questions...  would you guys recommend buying one online or at a retail store like Best Buy?  Also, if the one I got from Best Buy has some problems, would I be able to exchange it without much hassle?  thanks in advance.  I've been wanting the Anakin ROTS lightsaber for a while now....

Well if you can find a store that has them and let's to test it before buying?
I'd certainly do that :o

But I've bought all mine on line and they've been in good condition, some plain excellent ;)
But no doubt they are all not created equal... some batches of sabers are built with more
care by thier assemblers than others, it would appear.

Offline darthclueless

• formerly known as darthclueless
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 05:39:21 AM »
I've purchased plenty of sabers online and retail. Mostly online except for my Luke ROTJ's which I tormented the local Borders for until they let me have them early ;D

I will say that retail is nice at a place like Borders because if you get one that has operational problems or serious cosmetic flaws, you can exchange it.

But....Master Replicas has an awesome customer service dept. I have had to return 2 sabers out of the many I've purchased. One had a bad LED and one had a messed up hilt that I just wasn't saisfied with. On both occasions, they replaced them without a hint of hesitancy and I actually had my replacement sets in hand BEFORE i got to fedex to ship the defective ones back. MR also pays shipping for the return and the replacement set so you are only out a few minutes to pack the bad one up. If buying online, especially on ebay, make sure you are buying from an authorized MR dealer because if you don't, you could wind up stuck with a defective saber and no way to get it replaced. MR only honors the warranty if purchased through an authorized dealer.

Lastly, watch out for ebay deals that look too good to be true. There are some serious crooks running scams for the FX sabers on ebay. If you are not sure, post the auction here and the good folks on the board will guide you. Also, contact the seller through ebay and ask if they are authorized MR.

Good Luck!

Offline Demyx

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 06:07:25 PM »
thanks a lot guys.  I'm going to try and see if any Best Buy's around me (I live near 3) have them, the website said they have them available in store (supposedly).  but if not, I'm definetly getting it from MR.  I'll be sure to take pictures when I get it!

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
  • I am your master, Mace Windu.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 06:19:06 PM »
Yes,

My original Mace saber I bought had a very unstable blade.

They replaced it free of charge.
"In the name of the Galactic Republic of the Senate, You are under arrest."- Mace Windu, Episode 3.

Offline darthclueless

• formerly known as darthclueless
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 03:07:17 AM »
Look for a Borders Books near you. They have been well stocked lately and I posted a 20% off coupon in the questions/comments section.

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 05:20:22 AM »
the only thing wrong with going direct to MR is the long waiting times, they seem to service the other online retailers before they service buyers buying direct from their own websites.  i cancelled my anakin ROTS with them and got it from play.com.  it doesnot matter to MR of course because they are still making cash on the sale.

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
  • I am your master, Mace Windu.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 12:26:40 PM »
Well, it took them 1 month and 3 days to replace my original MAce saber, which wasn't bad at all!
"In the name of the Galactic Republic of the Senate, You are under arrest."- Mace Windu, Episode 3.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 10:07:13 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and, currentley have no Fore Fx lightsaber,But I found A Luke ROTJ on play.com for 89.99, firstly is it worth it? and secondly is play.com a reliable source?. I really want the green one coz its my Favourite coulour from any of the movies.
Thnx in advANCE  ;D

retrousse