fiduciary

Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 3312 times)

Offline zayne

• Experienced Force User
  • Arrogance diminishes wisdom
Re: HELP!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »
You could look at my lightsaber design thread if you want to maybe get a custom  8)

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15758.0

It should give you good ideas and such..

Offline Firith Tar

• TWI'LEK SCHOLAR OF THE BLADE
  • Master Force User
  • Parting the clouds, seeking the way...
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 03:17:38 PM »
Welcome to the boards, you will find that one most exercise patients… as your choices are almost endless, arm your self with education (everyone here is friendly and very helpful). I would however suggest the Ultra Anakin ROTS to start you down the path of the saber…
There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »
Welcome to the boards, you will find that one most exercise patients… as your choices are almost endless, arm your self with education (everyone here is friendly and very helpful). I would however suggest the Ultra Anakin ROTS to start you down the path of the saber…
Unless you want a custom  ;)  Many of us can help you there!

Welcome to the forums and good luck on your search!

Facebook: VVFB

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 06:12:19 PM »
Welcome aboard!  I must warn you though, once you start down the path of saber ownership, you'll find it very hard to limit yourself.  I started with an Ultra stunt saber, then got a MR Luke (couldn't wait for the 2 weeks it took to get my stunt saber) then went on to customer work.

After the experience of working one on one with a sabersmith on a custom job (two now actually), I'll never buy a saber any other way now. (I commissioned a saber as a Christmas present from Darth_Call and Co. and was so satisfied that he's in the process of another one for me.)

Another phenomenon I've noticed is that more than a few people who came to the forum to learn about sabers ended up trying their hands at smithing themselves. And we couldn't be happier!

Feel free to look around, I've noticed that each smith has their own distinctive style, and you honestly couldn't go wrong with any choice you decide on.  (not helpful, but the possiblities are endless, and you'll have so much fun!)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:15:55 PM by Je-Rel Drood »

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

retrousse