fiduciary

Author Topic: does it not say in the manual not to duel  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Irkis Clag

• Force User
  • You were to destroy the sith not join them!!!!!!
does it not say in the manual not to duel
« on: January 09, 2006, 01:19:52 PM »
if it does why do you duel. i mean i do but i wonder why it says that.  they should know that we are. right ???
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 08:16:59 AM by Syfo Dias »

Offline Littlegymm

• Force User
  • Dude....
    • Myspace
Re: does it not say in the manualnot to duel
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 01:24:17 PM »
It's cause they're collectibles. They know we duel, but it says not to, probably because they don't want everyone sending in their broken lightsabers for repair, when it was their fault in the first place. They also don't want any stupid lawsuits, just in case something weird happened, such as a saber being duelled with so much, that the blade came out and hit some kid in the eye. They could say, "BUT IT SAID PERMANENTLY ATTACTHED TO THE BLADE!" I don't know how far that would fly, but you probably get what I mean.
I also have a discontinued Master Replicas Chuck Norris Cowboy Hat From Walker: Texas Ranger that totally doesn't exist.

Offline Obi Karn Kenobi

• Formerly known as Obi Karn Kenobi
  • Force User
  • Hello there.
Re: does it not say in the manualnot to duel
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:46:34 PM »
No dueling with my FX? That's like getting a car and being told you you can't drive it.  ;)
They aren't meant for heavy dueling, as you would with a shinai or bokken but they are perfectly suited for light dueling with another FX saber.
" I have no desire to be the last of the Jedi."

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
Re: does it not say in the manual not to duel
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 01:40:23 PM »
i have hit really hard with my fx's, ive even made a vid with Irkis Clag, They lasted 3 duels, then i returned and recieved... ;D

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline jedi.the0ry

• Force User
  • Saber Master
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 09:18:14 PM »
Hehe, I wanna see that vid. Yeah, my pals are hesistant, but even MR showed a duel PROMOTING their sabers because they know that's why we'd buy them besides collecting, such hypocrites lol.

Offline Darth Torment

• Sith Lord Formerly Known As DARTH TORMENT
  • Experienced Force User
  • Darth Plagueis The Wise . . .
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 02:22:47 PM »
I think the bigggest reason they say that they are not for dueling is simply to avoid liability when the do break from dueling - rather than having to 'draw a line' as to what they would fix or not fix, this way they are not liable to repair ANY due to this type of damage

DT

Visit The Citadel Of Darth Plagueis The Wise (buy/sell/trade thread):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3817.msg64943#msg64943

Proud member of Snowtroopers.ca. Check my profile.

Offline GioFX

• Master Force User
  • so say we all ...
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 02:27:03 PM »
I think the bigggest reason they say that they are not for dueling is simply to avoid liability

yep, the manual was written by the MR lawyer .... ;D

Offline jedi.the0ry

• Force User
  • Saber Master
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 12:00:31 AM »
I find it funny though that MR shows a publicity duel (seriously, I don't think people would use these at Cons because they need to keep them the whole day w/o a breakage. and the costumes are pretty xxx dead on, not to mention the stage and backdrop), yet they say no to. It's exactly what Master Kenobi said, but it is definitely for liability, yet that sentence turns off many users from making good, choreographed duels. First thing I'm doing when I get my 3 new sabers come in Mon. is getting my pal and I working on a duel. MR knows what they are doing. Even ThinkGeek.com says that same thing but how we want to hear it.

And I qoute:

Q: Can I use my Force FX lightsaber for dueling?:
A: This product should not be used to strike others. Although the blade is very durable, it should never be used for fighting or dueling. The Force FX lightsaber was produced as a collectible; it was not intended for dueling. That said, we've had several successful Lightsaber battles here at the ThinkGeek offices. How can you resist especially with the 'clash' sound effects that occur when the blade strikes another object?

(directly from the ThinkGeek.com FAQ at the bottom of http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/69de/)(<~ I don't want to get copyrighted on that)

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 03:37:18 AM »
I find it funny though that MR shows a publicity duel (seriously, I don't think people would use these at Cons because they need to keep them the whole day w/o a breakage. and the costumes are pretty xxx dead on, not to mention the stage and backdrop), yet they say no to. It's exactly what Master Kenobi said, but it is definitely for liability, yet that sentence turns off many users from making good, choreographed duels. First thing I'm doing when I get my 3 new sabers come in Mon. is getting my pal and I working on a duel. MR knows what they are doing. Even ThinkGeek.com says that same thing but how we want to hear it.

And I qoute:

Q: Can I use my Force FX lightsaber for dueling?:
A: This product should not be used to strike others. Although the blade is very durable, it should never be used for fighting or dueling. The Force FX lightsaber was produced as a collectible; it was not intended for dueling. That said, we've had several successful Lightsaber battles here at the ThinkGeek offices. How can you resist especially with the 'clash' sound effects that occur when the blade strikes another object?

(directly from the ThinkGeek.com FAQ at the bottom of http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/69de/)(<~ I don't want to get copyrighted on that)

Me and my cousin, Fettman, are making a choegraphed duel. It's pretty good but not yet finished. Once its done we'll try to post it.

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse