fiduciary

Author Topic: JSS copper prototype- want it back.  (Read 6151 times)

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Re: JSS copper prototype- want it back.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 10:43:23 AM »
This is a slippery slope you guys are heading to with this talk of tracking him down,  keep in mind that attempting to take the law into your own hands can get you into trouble yourselves.  :-\ 

This is also not the first time someone has taken people's money or sabers and ran...several staff members were also ripped off by a fellow staff member a few years ago,  and there was nothing we could do short of trying to file a police report in his home town, or trying to sue him in small claims court,  which can be difficult to do over state lines.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 10:46:13 AM »
OK folks, first of all, the Ducos situation is that he was never allowed to accept commissions here.  He was not a mining colony member.  We have certain criteria and he did not meet it at the time.  All transactions that transpired happened outside of the rules here.  In addition, he actually left FX to go elsewhere because he was upset about not being allowed to take commissions here and was allowed to do so elsewhere.  Many of the transactions that he defaulted on, did not occur here.  We had no contact information for him, he had no affiliation here other than membership.

Having said that, several of us did try to contact him through the PM system and through other folks who were friendly with him when we heard things were going wrong with our members and he refused to even contact us.  I am extremely sorry that this all occurred.  Situations like this is the reason why we do have the rules in place that we do.  While it doesn't eliminate everything and there is no way to 100% protect all transactions that occur online unforunately, the rules that we have do minimize these type of occurences.

We will discuss in Council and with YODA about the possiblity of a section for lost/stolen articles if this is something our members think would be helpful :). 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:30:03 PM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Khal

• Formerly known as Khal1993
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 11:27:02 AM »
Hey man.

So sorry to hear that you lost out on such an awesome saber.

I think I could help. But I'll keep it to private messages.

LUMINARA, you have 2 PM's.

Thanks

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:42:02 AM by Khal »

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 11:03:48 PM »
This is a slippery slope you guys are heading to with this talk of tracking him down,  keep in mind that attempting to take the law into your own hands can get you into trouble yourselves.  :-\ 

This is also not the first time someone has taken people's money or sabers and ran...several staff members were also ripped off by a fellow staff member a few years ago,  and there was nothing we could do short of trying to file a police report in his home town, or trying to sue him in small claims court,  which can be difficult to do over state lines.

I'm not advocating vigilantism or stalking the guy.  I doubt Ross will come forward and return the saber, nor do I think rattling his cage, whether in person or on-line, will really help.  I'd likely be better off offering to buy it off anyone who might have it, or just let it go, or have a similar one made.

I think a lost saber section might be helpful, as it can put some light on situations that are generally kept hush-hush, but that's only speculation on my part.  It might make things worse; I can't foresee the future.  I'm not really attached to how this plays out on FX, nor was I really looking to stir the pot this much.  Sorry if brings up some bitter/ugly memories for folks; I just figured I'd put it out there on the off chance that my JSS copper was around and not in the trash, which is likely what Ducos did to it 2-3 years ago.  Thanks for the input Qui-Gon and Luminara

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 07:44:07 AM »
We are discussing the "Lost Sabers" section and will let folks know as soon as there is a consensus.  As far as your saber, I think it was more likely sold than put in the trash, and you never know, it may turn up.  The custom saber community has grown fairly large, but it is also still fairly small in a lot of ways with many people who are also members of Cosplay groups, FB groups, the RPF, the 501st, Rebel Legion, Mandos, etc. so putting out the word may, in fact get you results :).  Certainly, if we hear anything at all at the staff level, we will let you know immediately. 

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 10:05:23 AM »
No truer words could be spoken. Sounds like it may work.

MTFBWY

Offline Master Finariel

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 10:47:20 AM »
Being too new to the saber world, were there multiple JSS copper sabers like this made? I know for sure I saw a saber like this several months back on the IRA as an empty, so unless your saber was gutted at some point I guess it may have been a different saber, but I figured that it was worth mentioning just in case...
"Loss of time brings least pleasure to the wise."

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »
Being too new to the saber world, were there multiple JSS copper sabers like this made? I know for sure I saw a saber like this several months back on the IRA as an empty, so unless your saber was gutted at some point I guess it may have been a different saber, but I figured that it was worth mentioning just in case...

No, there was only one as I recall. JSS didn't do many "runs" of sabers. A fair amount of his work were one-of pieces.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Master Finariel

• Force User
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »

No, there was only one as I recall. JSS didn't do many "runs" of sabers. A fair amount of his work were one-of pieces.

In that case I will definitely try to find where I saw it over there.

EDIT: Alas it was a similar copper JSS empty Ladyhawke sold over there, "this is not the saber we're looking for"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:22:25 AM by Master Finariel »
"Loss of time brings least pleasure to the wise."

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »
I think it was about 5 different copper ones made. I may be wrong since I have no access to
JSS thread/forum ::)

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 04:22:42 PM »
We are discussing the "Lost Sabers" section and will let folks know as soon as there is a consensus.  As far as your saber, I think it was more likely sold than put in the trash, and you never know, it may turn up.  The custom saber community has grown fairly large, but it is also still fairly small in a lot of ways with many people who are also members of Cosplay groups, FB groups, the RPF, the 501st, Rebel Legion, Mandos, etc. so putting out the word may, in fact get you results :).  Certainly, if we hear anything at all at the staff level, we will let you know immediately.

Thanks for that!

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 04:24:05 PM »

If you saw it there, shot me a link.  Until 2 months ago, I worked a week on/ week off job and missed big chunks of the saber world.

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 04:27:56 PM »

For this style, I saw that JSS did this one (a proto-type), and a finished one that went to Sollus Vir/Count Dooku.  SV/CD sold his version a while ago.  JSS did some groundbreaking work and mentored/influenced a great many of the finest builders on this and many other forums/groups.  That's part of the reason losing this one stung so much.  I hope the JSS is doing well.

retrousse