DR has upgraded 4 sabers fpr me, with a 5th still requiring some extra work. As I'm short on time, I'll have to do pics later. First off, we were able to set up a barter for labor, and I supplied the parts for a pretty lengthy list of work-
1. MHS-based V2, originally crafted by LDM. PC install, battery upgrade, and blinkies in the control box. Ross adjusted the PC for me, pre-open era, and then removed it, sent it in for unlocking, then re-installed it, for the same bid price! WOW. He also adjusted the blinkies from under the circuit board to drill-out sided ones (for the arrow look)- a thought that I hadn't expressed in the custom order- again, no charge. The saber is now running Madcow Hero, with a custom boot font, and is louder than before too. Aux button, on/off slider, and blinkies all fit into a graflex clamp. I am beyond stoked with this one
2. Shien 7 cyan stunt upgrade. I bought this off of the namesake builder as a stunt, and Ross added, removed, unlocked, and re-installed a PC w/ shadow sister and a custom boot. He also added a new green ring AV an a LED pommel. It looks extra fancy with my Ace/Wat- Obi #6 pommel installed.
3. Anakin redux*2. This was a conversion by zukuto skykiller that I had re-jedi-ed for my son. Black texture was removed, the hilt was polished down to the copper, a blue LED installed, a glass-eye bottom and copper buttoned top were added, and new t-grips were installed. My son's reaction was jaw-dropping stupor.
4. Black Majic #7. This was a stunt with sound from Gemini Concepts and JGJ. I'd wanted a super bright yellow or amber in it, and we tried a 10 watt from mouser- as it was orangey, went with a 200 lumens white w/ filters to give a solid yellow to it. A yellow ring AV was added, and the old switch hole was made into an open view crystal chamber. a sink tube/mhs converter was added to add on a new pommel, and the hilt gained a recharge pommel port too. Nice balance and new personality to a well-loved saber.
5. JSS copper proto-type. This came from JSS via e-bay, with some new elements- it is still in progress.
Communication has been excellent and rapid with Ducos Rossis as he's worked with me through 5 custom orders at once. 5/5
Flexibility- Ross has bent over backwards, from the PC reinstall (which he did just because he thought that was the good thing to do), to modification of building plans. And this was brokered for a hilt for labor (which he easily exceeded with work on his end). I really starting to get a better idea as to what I want in a custom, and might go there with a Heiland-Vintage-Vader scheme. 5/5
Time/turn-around. There were a few set back with the builds, mainly over the PC unlocks, and figuring out a plan b for the 10 watt amber. That, plus the fact that I'm gone for a week at a time for work, led to this project stretching out to 2 months, and for 5 sabers, it was worth the wait. 5/5
I highly recommend Ducos Rossis as a builder and collaborator.