fiduciary

Author Topic: Thunder in the GGBO?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Thunder in the GGBO?
« on: March 19, 2021, 07:20:08 AM »
So, I'm spamming this everywhere I've got an internet presence, and I thought hey, why not here, too?  :tongue:

it's off topic, but there's a lightsaber in it, so it's fair game.

This is the other contest I'm in this year.

And yes, I'm still in the Golden Saber challenge, I'll just do that after I'm done with woodwork.  :wink:
Better late than never.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Thunder in the GGBO?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 07:42:49 AM »
May the Force be with you!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 07:55:23 AM »
May the Force be with you!

Thanks bud, I'm gonna need it, there's over 300 folks in this contest already.
Better late than never.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 03:17:34 PM »
This one time, I swapped out my nut for a ball bearing nut.  The contact point on those is 2-3mm back from a solid nut... I eventually fixed it, but I played a guitar with messed up intonation for like 12 years.  Which was fine because I started making lightsabers around that time.

I say put all your passion projects on your channel.  I have a puny channel by yt standards, but it would be even punier if I stuck to only lightsabers.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 06:05:20 AM »
This one time, I swapped out my nut for a ball bearing nut.  The contact point on those is 2-3mm back from a solid nut... I eventually fixed it, but I played a guitar with messed up intonation for like 12 years.  Which was fine because I started making lightsabers around that time.

I say put all your passion projects on your channel.  I have a puny channel by yt standards, but it would be even punier if I stuck to only lightsabers.

Roller nuts. :cry: they sound like a brilliant idea on paper, but they never work out.

Let me tell you a story. Years ago, after I graduated, when I was still a saber forum lurker deeply in denial about how much of a nerd he really was, I used to have a tiny side gig (more like a beer money thing than a proper earner) doing guitar repairs and mods for my old uni's Live Music Society. Some 18-year old emo kid in his first band wanted to replace the factory humbuckers on his guitar with EMGs, but didn't know which end of the soldering iron to hold, and thought the local guitar shops' price for that was a rippoff? Yeah, sure, chuck me £20, I'll do it this afternoon. That sort of thing.

Anyway, roller nuts. They were always a warning sign. usually, it's always the same: kid comes to see me, says his guitar plays terrible, but he's read the surefire solution on the interwebs: ROLLER NUT! he is adamant that it'll solve all his guitar problems, and plops this Fender nut-sized PoS in front of me. So, I'd try to explain the intonation problems that it will cause, but he knows his guitars, and intonation is a thing that happens at the bridge, not the other end.

I give him one last warning, and if he's sure, I install it. and what do you know, a week later, he's angry and back, because I've ruined his guitar, and he's been kicked out of his band, and I need to repair everything that's wrong with his cheap guitar for free, or his housemate Darren is going to come and kick my teeth in.

Good times.   :afro:
Better late than never.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 04:59:14 AM »
If God had intended guitar nuts to have rollers Leo would have put them on the Broadcaster LOL.

Seriously best of luck and MTFBWY on the contest.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 03:04:53 AM »

Oh look, there's more!
Better late than never.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 08:42:43 AM »
Great video, I've tried and found I have no patience for all of that camera work and editing!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 09:51:41 AM »
Great video, I've tried and found I have no patience for all of that camera work and editing!

Yeah, the last couple of weeks have given me infinitely more respect for people who can build stuff on camera. The whole process is frustrating. It took something like a third of the time to do the off-camera parts just because I didn't have to worry about all the camera stuff.
Better late than never.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 04:57:56 AM »
Oh look, I've done another one.

Better late than never.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 08:03:46 AM »
This is great my friend! Very funny I loved it. Great project... it's coming along nicely.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 02:20:08 PM »
For anyone who's interested, the Aurebesh in the thumbnails reads "You Can't Destroy The Metal" and "[IMPERIAL MARCH INTENSIFIES]"
Better late than never.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2021, 05:16:50 AM »
Yup, another one. There's neopixels this time. Thanks again, jbkuma!

Better late than never.

retrousse