fiduciary

Author Topic: "Aurea" - MHS Crystal Focus Lightsaber  (Read 13637 times)

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
Re: "Aurea" - MHS Crystal Focus Lightsaber
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:51 PM »
Congrats bud !   Really cool vid and a great accomplishment !   I would love to hear your new font !  Maybe you should PM me and we can talk ;)   

Looking forward to the blaster project !!! 

Link

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »
Awesome vid. I went over my data plan to watch this. It was worth it.

So that new kotor font sounded awesome...  ::)
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »
Awesome vid. I went over my data plan to watch this. It was worth it.

So that new kotor font sounded awesome...  ::)

Yeah I know I said in the vid "We'll get to that later." Honest to goodness I meant to say we'll get to that in another video.  ;D

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
I made some minor upgrades to the saber.

Introducing Aurea 1.5

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff484/Machinimax05/Custom%20Lightsaber%20Project/2012-10-25_21-02-28_314.jpg

The first upgrade is a machined Covertec button in place of the plastic one that comes with the clip.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff484/Machinimax05/Custom%20Lightsaber%20Project/2012-10-25_21-02-58_150.jpg

The second is a TCSS trim ring, which is now covering a gap that used to exist between the main body and the choke.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff484/Machinimax05/Custom%20Lightsaber%20Project/2012-10-25_21-04-35_451.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff484/Machinimax05/Custom%20Lightsaber%20Project/2012-10-25_19-38-35_462.jpg

Like I said, minor upgrades but I do think they look nice. Thanks for taking a peak!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline Jerome

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »
Looks good! It's the little things that count. Now I'm wondering why there was a gap there in the first place?
Vintage Graflex Luke ANH
Vintage Graflex Luke ESB
Rylo limited run Luke ROTJ
MHS custom "Excelsior"
Russrep Luke ROTJ V2
Russrep/Romans Obi-Wan ANH
OR Qui-Gon TPM (WIP)
Parks Obi-Wan TPM (WIP)

Offline Professor Huyang

• Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »
Lookin' good there my friend. That tri ring looks comfy.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Looks good! It's the little things that count. Now I'm wondering why there was a gap there in the first place?

I'm using Sanjuro's chassis disk system. I clipped the 4-40 rods to length and then filed them down a bit so the ends weren't pinched anymore. I could have maybe taken a little more off but at the risk of pinching the rod again and not being able to get the nuts off. I probably can find a way to fix that but I do like the trim ring as it adds a little more detail and color to the hilt.

Lookin' good there my friend. That tri ring looks comfy.

I'm adjusting to it being there but it isn't uncomfortable to hold. I think it helps give my dominant hand a bit of a better grip too.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:58:08 PM by Machinimax »

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
You will find that your "go to" saber will go through MANY, MANY overhauls.  :D

My original LDM MHS Luke V2....I took that thing apart and upgraded/modded it more times than I can count.

My MKVI?  Getting close to that same #.  :D Started as a V3...became a V2...went thru two boards in it....getting modded again.

But your "go to weapon" will ALWAYS be the special one.   ;)

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 03:14:22 AM »
bang on the button cain,.. your personal saber will ALWAYS be evolving and improving be it upgrades in electronics , materials , different metals and even slight or radical design changes .... yep, its always WIP and surely thats part of the fun. ;)

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 05:39:36 AM »
i like the new upgrades. it does look better. cool, nice job.

Offline jin.starkiller

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 04:07:40 PM »
great looking saber

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 12:51:25 PM »
Sharing my latest addition to the saber, my first custom made blade plug.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff484/Machinimax05/Custom%20Lightsaber%20Project/100_1743_zps1fc74bff.jpg

It was pretty easy to make. I basically just experimented with different parts I had lying in the workshop. The plastic piece is cut from a MR blade, I threw a couple of washers inside, topped it off with a little brass knob for extra detail and epoxied it all together. It slides in and out like butter and looks pretty cool.

Inside the saber.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff484/Machinimax05/Custom%20Lightsaber%20Project/100_1747_zps42d32225.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff484/Machinimax05/Custom%20Lightsaber%20Project/100_1748_zpseb2b13eb.jpg

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:53:32 PM by Machinimax »

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 01:06:09 PM »
Awesome !!!! 

Offline Professor Huyang

• Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »
Too cool man.

I know it's been said before, but I really love the simplicity of this saber. It has that very elegant but humble look to it, like a Jedi's weapon should. The blade plug, like all the changes you have made to the design, really just adds that perfect little detail.
―Huyang

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 04:56:05 PM »
I know it's been said before, but I really love the simplicity of this saber. It has that very elegant but humble look to it, like a Jedi's weapon should. The blade plug, like all the changes you have made to the design, really just adds that perfect little detail.

Exactly what I was going for in this design! I'm glad others think so too. Thanks very much Ty.

retrousse