fiduciary

Author Topic: The Episode 3-4 TV series...  (Read 15489 times)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
Re: The Episode 3-4 TV series...
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 09:24:01 AM »
Ah but you see, thousands of Jedi and Sith would not be possible in a live action show...

Since it is taking place in the time between Ep. III and IV, there would not be the opprtunity. Talk about non-canon stories... :-\

The thing is... Mr. Lucas is a slippery devil when it comes to Star Wars. I mean "Blue Harvest" as a code name to keep people away... the protection of the ESB script for the "Big reveal" until the last moment of shooting, and recording Voiceovers!

And people are supposed to believe that there aren't going to be any Jedi scenes in the TV show? Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. ;)

About the Boba Fett Backstory... Sure it was repenned for AOTC... But remember... He was a kid in AOTC. Therefore it is not entirely unlikely that he could become an Imperial in the Timeframe suggested by the TV show. Sure he's a Mandlore clone, but what's to say that he can't join forces with Vader and Sidious to exact his revenge for his father's death?

Sorry, I meant if he were to make some series based on the old republic. Therefore, that's where I wish we will see thousands of Jedis and Sith fighting it out.

There will definitely be Jedi in the tv series. Best keep some money warm now coz I expect to see more lightsabers being used. ;D

B

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 09:40:32 AM »
I dont think GL will ever allow a SCREEN version of SW to have an adult 'edge'...books, comics, games maybe the author of one of those could sometimes slip something more 'adult' by like the gamemakers did in KOTOR with the girl/girl romance angles with Juhani and Bastila if you played as female and hit all the right 'triggers'...but could you imagine anything like that EVER getting by GL in a movie or TV show?

'harsh' Realpolitik, explicit bloody violence or...ummm...that other thing that Jedi arent supposed to do ;-) will probably NOT be in the TV show even if its on cable where those things can be done more than network primetime...I suspect with GL involved this isnt going to be like HBOs ROME of the decadent days of a once-Republic fallen into Empire but 'sanitized for your kiddies protection'.

Could still be very good though...just dont expect [new] Battlestar Galactica 'realism' or sophistication.

Good gawd, I hope he will just let someone else do it for him! :D

This is why I always let my character in KOTOR as a girl coz I think its sweet to have the other females having feeling for my lead female character! ;D

Still, there are plenty of issues to handle but I think that the series will be experimental to see which era the fans will be more excited and interested about. The old republic or the present set of adventures? I believed there will be stories based on the future too! I read somewhere that GL said the series will not have a standard time frame. It could jump around, old to new etc.

Personally, I don't supposed gory violence but just enough to show is good enough.

I think that GL SHOULD know that majority of the fans are teenagers and adults. I have meet more 12-onwards year olds who are fans of SW than 8-10 year olds who are more interested in Transformers or Spiderman but you know what. The fan base is still gigantuan out there and the man himself knows it. (I hope!)

Also read somewhere that he will make the series darker ala neu BSG but god, I hope he makes it more action pack than BSG which can get seriously dull with all the nonsense among the crew. Don't shoot me down, BSG fans. I am a fan of the neu one myself but I admit I love it for the new Vipers and the other ships than the characters! ;D

B

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 12:15:42 PM »
ok what I dont get is in tha twiki faq it says that GL told wrighteres to not kill off vos when I just read in another topic that he was killed by a vibrobladed shanking.

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »
Have to read about that I will.When I said violence factor I only meant if someone got stabbed or chopped in half.Not meaning GL would do anything EXTREME :o  :D
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 02:19:27 PM »
no at CIII GL said not to kill off quinlin vos. Then a few topics ago in another forum on here I read that vos was killed by a vibro blade in a comic or a book or whatever.

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 01:41:02 PM »
Vos may be in the series.....

CONFIRMED

BOBA FETT is one of the main characters......

http://tv.ign.com/articles/846/846395p1.html

Gobble that up, newshounds! :D

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »

CONFIRMED

Good work news hound tarkin!! :D :D

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »

CONFIRMED

Tastes good!!!  ;D
This is gonna be cool
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

retrousse